I have long loved the Top Shelf posts on Into the Gloss, my fave beauty blog, and so I thought I’d do one of my own! I have a few things that I buy time and time again and highly recommend. Here they are!
1. A constant favorite- the smell and texture (and gentle nature) of Fresh’s Soy Face Cleanser is amaze. I keep this in the shower.
2. I love me a good scented body lotion (Malin + Goetz B5 is the best scent eva in my book or Aesop’s Inensive Balm) but when it comes to actually softening rough patches and moisturizing like no ones business, Amlactin is the best. Scent free and does what it says. Just don;t put it on freshly shaved legs (OUCH).
3. I know wipes don’t get your skin really clean, but when I’m super duper lazy it’s better than not washing at all! I love these Simple Radiance wipes best.
4. For body wash I love Burt’s Bee’s Peppermint & Rosemary Wash- mine is almost gone!
5. GUYS. I swear to all things holy that since I started using this activated charcoal facewash by local company Shamanuti I have not had one single pimple and my skin is crazy clear. With it’s cool consistency, black color and gender neutral fragrance I think Andrew should try it too. I am almost out and am going to get more! Also think their Pumpkin Enzyme Mask sounds super lovely for fall!
6. Also very cool and contributing my my current clear skin is this genius scrub powder from One Love Organics that you just mix in with your cleanser to create a gentle but effective scrub.
7. Another One Love Organics product (I’ve been trying to go more organic/ less chemical) is their Morning Glory Oil that I’ve been using a few drops of every day.
8. Shiseido’s Urban Shield is a constant in my drawer. Awesome non-greasy texture and killer sun protection (man do I regret all that sunbathing…. paging the LASERS.)
9. Speaking of sun spots, I’ve been using this Elizabeth Dehn Vitamin C Moisture Serum daily too. As I said, I think lasers are my only hope, but I do feel a little brighter after a month of use!
11. Ok, truth be told, I was sent this gorgeous Cle de Peau eye cream to try. I could not afford it otherwise. The packaging is insane on the vanity and I’ve quite liked it in the few months I’ve been using it (it lasts forever).
12. Tweezerman tweezers to keep the brows in check between waxes.
13. Elizabeth Dehn’s Vitamin E eye cream is super moisturizing, so I use it at night!
1. I typically follow Jackie O’s rule of red on the toes, pink on the fingers. I’m not into nail art or the strange “party nail” trend. I like things clean and simple. I always have Essie Mademoiselle and Geranium in my drawer- and just tried the new deeper true red shade Twin Sweater Set on my toes and love it for fall. And then I go Wicked for winter when I’m pissy. :)
2. I still pray Chanel decides to bring back the fluid Teint Innocence (please please please) but until then Urban Decay’s Naked Skin in color 4.5 has been a good second choice.
3. NOTHING beats Cle de Peau concealer (I use the beige color). Nothing. I’ve tried ALL the concealers guys. All of them. This is it.
4. Currently love love loving YSL Volupte Shine Sheer Candy in Sweet Fig. Half balm, half gloss with a great taste and the perfect hint of red/pink natural color.
6. Chanel’s blush in Malice has been a fave all summer. I am always buying mroe blush trying to find that perfect flush, and this is the one I use most often.
7. All summer I wore Hermes Jour de Hermes and I got so many compliments. It’s such a lovely fragrance.
8. I love me some eyeshadow palettes- none better than Urban Decay Naked 2 for variety and incredibly wearable shades (no odd colors you never use). So great for traveling!
9. Benefit Lemon-aid is an awesome eye shadow base I always have on hand. Neutralizes any red blotchiness.
10. MAC angled eyeliner brush is awesome for powder to liquid eyeliner (my fave kind).
11. Low Laura Mercier’s cake liner in Black Ebony with the brush above. Wet the brush and you get a great, flexible line.
12. Even though I love palettes, I always use up the neutral base color first- so I have a full size Laura Mercier Vanilla Nuts shadow on hand. Sometimes I also buy Bobbi Brown’s Bone instead, (would be best for paler complexions as it’s lighter)
13. Concealer is so my “stuck on an island” product- and this one has become a staple for me- Givenchy’s Mister Light in Toast. It illuminates the eye area like no ones business!
14. I used to have a massive uni-brow and while I still have thick brows, now they sometimes need a little help thanks to Father Time. I used to use Anastasia’s Brow Wiz in Brunette but then found the exact same pencil for half the price at CVS from Salma Hayek’s line Nuance (not available online)!
15. You can tell I like this shadow, and how old it is by the shape of the container- Bobbi Brown’s Shimmer Wash in Stone is SO good.
16. And I forgot to number my mascara and because I’m hella lazy, I’ll just say it’s Benefit They’re Real which is so great, clump-less and makes your lashes SO long.
And by the way, my makeup drawer is a mess. I’m not one of those perfectly organized people. No smoke and mirrors here, just messiness. :)
Ok, onto hair. For the first time in my life I’m dealing with grays and damaged hair. FUN. So I have gone from someone who had NO hair products to someone who has a drawer full.
1. I LOOOOOOVE the whole L’Oreal Total Repair 5 line. I would have photographed the shampoo and conditioner but I am out of it. I also love this masque once a week for a few minutes while in the shower! I also like to mix in Malin + Goetz Peppermint shampoo for extra deep, tingly cleaning.
2. The best hairspray ever. Says every hairstylist ever, too.
3. Bumble Surf Spray is a classic for a reason- volume, texture and beachy waves.
4. I liked this blow dry lotion for softness. Plus biotin and collagen must be good for my hair, right?
5. More L’Oreal Total Repair- the dry oil spray is so great- I put on ends before I dry or on dry hair if I’m having a super frizzy day to calm it down.
6. Another great moistuizer is Shiseido’s Essence Absolue. Jennifer Aniston swore by it, so I bought it. It’s good stuff.
7. This is the best curling iron for loose beachy waves due to it’s lack of clip. But warning, it’s SUPER hot. My assistant got one and fried her arm. But with practice you’ll LOVE it. Curls last forever.
Any products you simply cannot live without???