Fashion Friday: On Trend // Pink Coats & Leopard Loafers

Two trends I’m SO game for for fall are pink coats and leopard loafers. Granted, neither are groundbreaking, but both are pretty timeless and fresh and so why not buy them now for this season?

Over the summer I was noticing that a few runways and editorials for fall were showing pink coats. I love how this springy color can brighten up a fall outfit. It looks particularly fetching paired with camel, grey and navy! It dresses up denim and softens leather.

Some inspiration:

5519df2e29297e5e4223f17396e1b64c4abc89047a9dcf2db4b07c6fef5e30e9

a8639fc87f8e91ed7c7721fbc9371ca8

9a0503229e61cde0e1e3632b1555abbdeb5dea58cbdbbb78f73e52a9dc81d84c

Get the look- whether soft or bright, pink is essentially feminine but also modern too.

Screen Shot 2013-09-12 at 6.42.01 PM49622_PK5502

Club Monaco // J.Crew

180cbe0eec498f35fc985a83711c01eaScreen Shot 2013-09-12 at 6.42.13 PM

Kate Spade // Club Monaco

7751329620_2_3_1Screen Shot 2013-09-12 at 6.47.05 PM

Zara // Vitamin

So I’ve been all over this trend since last season… obviously. I wore my last pair of leopard pony hair smoking slippers right out, so obviously snapped up a new pair last week!  I adore the spunk leopard adds to any outfit (casual, work or dressy)… and clearly Miranda Kerr and I agree (and would be besties). If you buy one thing for fall, it’s gotta be this.

1136d7c9847398891aea71aae83c8526de5c93fab40862d10b4879f5631fa021

ae8cc067bdfd1a03ed5410184697731737b062bb591ca2760edbd31a0bad22dd

7af2d557a1db894a0608925c7c3c04d756e7e8a07591b39f3e1d090097dc1943

Get the look:

1903298-p-MULTIVIEWScreen Shot 2013-09-13 at 7.49.46 AM

Sam Edelman (got these, comfy) // Prada (diiiiieeeee)

2228624-p-MULTIVIEWTB_22138328_211_C

Ecco // Tory Burch

Screen Shot 2013-09-13 at 7.55.50 AMScreen Shot 2013-09-13 at 7.55.19 AM

J.Crew // J.Crew

imgshoes_iaec1384672

Prada // Lucky

15 Responses to “Fashion Friday: On Trend // Pink Coats & Leopard Loafers”

1. Anne says:

Funny – I’m wearing a pair right now and just posted a picture on Instagram out of boredom as I wait for my daughters in the dentist’s office! Love pink and leopard together (done right – it can easily veer into cheap and cheesy). One of my favorite outfits of last winter was a simple camel crew neck, skinny cropped black pants, leopard booties and hot pink J Crew pea coat that I wore on my birthday. Looking forward to doing it all over again when it gets a bit cooler!

2. Heather P. says:

I’d like Kate Beckinsale’s entire outfit, like, yesterday! I love pairing pink with soft grey!

Leopard print loafers are on my wish list this fall. In fact, I blogged about that earlier this week. Pay day can’t get here soon enough!

3. Patricia says:

Already have a hot pink coat (jacket length) which gets a LOT of wear and am lusting for a pair of leopard print loafers. I almost popped for a pair last year but was unsure if calf hair shoes can be waterproofed. As i live in Seattle, that’s an important issue. Anybody know the answer?

4. Kathleen says:

I covet these leopard Belgian loafers, myself. http://www.belgianshoes.com/midinettes-animal.html

I think they’re pictured in the last photo on the right.

At $375/pair they are a tiny bit pricey for my budget. Having said that, I saw them when I was in NYC this summer and almost caved. :-)

5. Franki says:

I get more compliments on my pink trench coat…need leopard rain boots!! franki

6. Stephanie says:

I love Fridays at EOS!!!

7. jessica says:

love fridays!! my “need for fall” list is a MILE long now. must have a pink coat! and the leopard loafers will make me want to get out in the mornings…thank you!

8. Karena says:

Erin I have the leopard loafers; now for a coat! I wear lots of charcoal heather great and black in winter and the pink coast will brighten things up the moment I out it on! Great suggestions!

xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

9. Going to have to get me both so these for Fall! I have leopard heels that I wear all the time. For being a print they go with everything almost like a neutral shoe!

10. Stephanie says:

Love those leopard smoking slippers! May have to check out the Sam Edleman’s. I found a cute pair at Target, but the cut was not quite right.

11. Aly says:

Can never get enough of leopard! The Prada loafers are simply too amazing!

12. Holly Irwin says:

Love. Great post. I think a new pink coat is in order, and the color pretty much looks good on everybody, right?
    xo
    Holly

13. Rose says:

Just found a pair of Cole Haan leopard pony hair smoking slippers for $40 at TJ Maxx! This post makes me even more excited with the purchase…now to get a pink coat!

14. Mallory says:

Oh love the pink coats! I am on my 4th year and 4th pair of leopard loafers. I wear them CONSTANTLY so comfy and still chic.

15. Barbara says:

Any idea who makes the leopard loafers in the middle left picture (with the knee-torn jeans)???

I love the cut and pattern on these!

Thanks!!!