Artist Crush: Rosanne Olsen

This weekend I stopped into one of my favorite photography galleries, Iris Gallery, on Newbury Street and came face to face with a massive framed print that stopped me in my tracks by photographer Rosanne Olsen. How amazing is this?

photo 1-18

They also look great on the smaller, more affordable, scale too.

photo 2-17

I dream of having some large scale, modern photography in my house soon, and one of these might be an ideal option. I just love them.

Screen Shot 2013-09-08 at 4.36.55 PM

Rosanne-Olson-Photography-2

Rosanne-Olson-Photography-4

Rosanne-Olson-Photography-5

Rosanne-Olson-Photography-1

100810_117.3_swimmers

Rosanne-Olson-Photography-3

14 Responses to “Artist Crush: Rosanne Olsen”

1. Melissa says:

These remind me of the stunning underwater shoot Drew Barrymore did for ELLE a few years ago! They’re gorgeous. http://www.trendhunter.com/trends/drew-barrymore-underweater-elle

2. Lena says:

Society 6 has a lot of photos similiar to these for pretty cheap. Not the same but it still gives you the effect. Elle Moss has a bunch on the site if you don’t want to weed through their vast offerings.

3. Barbara says:

Sorry Erin :(. I usually LOVE your ideas and suggestions, but this one….. not so much. They kinda creep me out! The poor woman seems to be either drowning or dying.

4. Very Opehlia! Beautiful.

5. Susan says:

i think these are beautiful. very serene, which is I think what the artist intended. Erin, do you remember what the price range is for these?

6. Karena says:

Hi Erin these are simply mesmerizing works of art!
    Hmm I may have to add a small one to my walls soon (although I love the one of her holding a water lily!)Rosanna is amazing!

xoxo
    Karena
    2013 Artists Series

7. Colleda says:

If you like these, check out Elena Kalis! I just want to dive in!!

8. Christine says:

Wondering what room you would put these in?

9. Nicole says:

I’m crushing hard too- beautiful!

Nicole

10. These are haunting and beautiful, almost as if Muncha had a camera. The blue is so serene and ephemeral.

11. Kate says:

Erin if you haven’t come across her, check out australian painter Martine Emdur – she paints the most exquisite underwater scenes. Huge huge canvases, and smaller ones too, that look photographic. I’ve been yearning for one of hers for years…. She is on the web, and also instagram.

12. Holly Irwin says:

Hi Erin, Love these!! The palette, the compositions, just beautiful! Thanks for sharing,
    xo