Tom Scheerer’s Beach House

I have long admired Tom Scheerer’s work (see one of my older posts here) and I was psyched to be able to show you an exclusive preview of a spread coming out in the September issue of House Beautiful of his own Watch Hill, RI home.  The classic New England shingle style architecture certainly plays to my sensibilities as do the blue tones throughout the house, not to mention the couple truly statement making choices that keep this from being a stereotypical “beach house”….

HBX090113scheerer14-wm

I absolutely ADORE this map wall covering in the entry/ mudroom area.

HBX090113scheerer01-wm

I’ve used this China Seas/ Quadrille paper in a bathroom before and I love it on a big scale, especially with those dining chairs.

HBX090113scheerer03-wm

GAH! This slays me!!!!  What a gorgeous, enveloping use of a traditional paper (Clarence House I believe)

HBX090113scheerer15-wm

Patterned wall tiles floor to ceiling in the kitchen dining nook are a fun and practical choice.

HBX090113scheerer08-wm

These patterned drapes are amazing, no?

HBX090113scheerer05-wm

Even mroe of that drop dead wallpaper in an incredible stairwell!!!

HBX090113scheerer07-wm

Such a classic, pretty outdoor space (this gives me hope after the ridiculousness that was day 1 of my patio construction yesterday…)

HBX090113scheerer16-wm

Really excited to see Tom’s new book coming out in September too! I love his work and how he has such a great variety to his style!

All Photos by Francesco Lagnese

14 Responses to “Tom Scheerer’s Beach House”

1. Ann Marie says:

I LOVE Tom Scheerer! I was thinking – why doesn’t he have a book, until I got to the end :). Thanks for posting. Am eagerly awaiting my House Beautiful, now.

2. Nancy says:

Wow! What a great home! I adore quadrille wallpaper and fabrics and i love the choice to use brown, not something I would think to do right off the bat. Im equally loving that Clarence House paper aswell! Looking forward to reading all about it in house beautiful!

3. Nicky Jones says:

Wowsers – what a pad! Amazeballs! And there was me worrying about a loud pattern on a throw this week. Proof indeed that we should be loud and proud! xx

4. michelle says:

can i move in? like right now? kind of obsessed.

5. Nicole says:

I love all of the wallpaper used in this gorgeous home!

Nicole

6. Love that blue and white wall paper.

7. Franki Parde says:

And ON A BEACH, too!!! franki

8. Maureen Sullivan Stemberg, Int says:

One word: Magical. If anyone want’s to go to Watch Hill.
    You must have lunch or stay @ The Ocean House. As lovely,
    as Tom’s home. Actually, anytime is lovely on Watch Hill.., oh no
    our little secret is out…!:) Great get Erin!

9. A family friend’s house…I had my bridesmaids’ luncheon here :) it. is. BEAUTIFUL!

10. Love this house! beautiful!

11. Jennifer says:

Tom Scheerer is my favorite! I’ve been counting down the months until his book is out! Thanks for posting!

12. Kristen says:

Love! When can I move in?

13. [...] sure that if i could, they would have looked a lot like tom scheerer’s beach house, as seen here, in elements of style (and soon to be on newsstands in house beautiful‘s september [...]

14. Meredith says:

Just gorgeous!!! Can anyone ID the map wallpaper used in the entry hall??? I’m dying to use it in my house!!