Fashion Friday: Early Fall Day, Drinks and Dinner Looks

As summer rolls into fall dressing become more about layers and looks that keep you cool but also don’t allow for a chill to ruin your day or evening.  I pulled together three looks- one for daytime shopping jaunts or hanging with the kids, one for drinks or a ladies lunch and one for a dinner out or any semi-formal occasion. All three looks feature shoes from Sole Society, which is new to me and I am LOVING so many of the styles (plus there’s a 50% off select styles sale for labor day!)

This super preppy but makes me happy when thinking about a crisp fall day and a nice long walk. Plus I got this J.Crew vest and I LOVE the fit, it’s fabulous.

walking

1. // 2. // 3. // 4. // 5. // 6. // 7.

I love easy, classic looks that can be changed up with accessories.  I got this top the other day, and I’m going to get it in at least one other color of not 2.  It has such amazing weight and drape and is perfect for day to night wear!  I also have a Theodora & Callum scarf like this one and I swear, although expensive, it is my favorite by miles and always gets me compliments! Dying for the earrings too.

daytime

1. // 2. // 3. // 4. // 5. // 6. // 7.

A classic ladylike dress is made edgy with a funky necklace, animal print heels and a red lip! Classic never, ever goes out of style. Ever. This look will get through weddings, parties and romantic nights out for years. Pop a jean jacket on with this bad boy and voila!

dinner

1. // 2. // 3. // 4. // 5. // 6.

And just before I pushed publish I saw that Sole Society also has ridiculously cute bags, jewelry and scarves?!?! I blame it on “book brain”.

Screen Shot 2013-08-30 at 6.22.51 AMScreen Shot 2013-08-30 at 6.23.05 AMScreen Shot 2013-08-30 at 6.23.25 AM

Screen Shot 2013-08-30 at 6.25.19 AMScreen Shot 2013-08-30 at 6.26.04 AMScreen Shot 2013-08-30 at 6.26.23 AM

14 Responses to “Fashion Friday: Early Fall Day, Drinks and Dinner Looks”

1. Mer says:

Love all three looks!

2. Kathleen says:

Great post. Loving this animal print T&C scarf myself: http://www.theodoraandcallum.com/shop/scarves/olive-multi-siberia-wearable-art-infinity-scarf.html. My AMEX is groaning.

3. Patricia says:

Love your picks, all except the killer heels. alas, can only admire them as “sculpture” (feet!). Have a wonderful anniversary weekend.

4. Love these looks, great jewelry too.

5. I love that black dress, 3/4 sleeves are so flattering.

6. Anna Post says:

Love the dress. I’ve been looking for something like that, but coming up short. And Chanel isn’t the near future for me, so love the quilted bag, too!

7. Laura says:

I just love a good vest, and that J.Crew vest has my name written all over it. Only question is, what color?

8. “A classic ladylike dress is made edgy with a funky necklace, animal print heels and a red lip!” I’m totally with you on this. NARS is one of my favorites for a red lipstick.

9. Nicole says:

LOVE your picks!! C Wonder is having 25% off for Labor Day, so make sure to stock up on that super cute striped top!!

10. Erin says:

I love that red lipstick from NARS! Talk about va va voom! It’s perfect for a night out.

xx Erin

11. L says:

Great looks.

12. Great fall looks! I’ve been lusting after that j. crew tunic and already anticipate picking it up in a few colors. Even though I’m sad to see summer go, can’t wait for all of the fall fashions!

13. Love the white jeans especially! People are always in such a quandary over white jeans after Labor Day! WEAR THEM! Great choices, as always!

14. Hi,

I like the unique arrangements on several of these fireplace images. I tend to stick to the traditional and a huge overhaul, but at the moment I try to make it work and usually I do avoid match.

Thanks