This or That: Volume 3

This might be my favorite game, ever. As illustrated by my third installment of interiors vs. fashion!  So let’s take a peek at the pairings….

Malachite is still hot- just check out these drapes and this budget-busting Monique Lhuillier gown!

the-glitter-guideScreen Shot 2013-07-24 at 7.53.00 PM

I wish I had the balls to get a pink sofa like this- but I have a husband I’d like to keep.  Instead I’m eying this pink wallet- perhaps a birthday gift por moi?

a7c0ced694216511eda205fa6044f32fScreen Shot 2013-07-24 at 8.16.36 PM

I actually am not a big fan of red in interiors.  But this sofa kinda slays me.  And this great blazer does too. Both look great paired with deep inky blue!  I’m so ready for fall!

8576334c5c3d75aeb011d85ee2e0499702469_OR6087_m

Abstract art, like this print from Lindsay Cowles (check out her amazing selection of affordable canvas prints now available) doesn’t have to stay only on walls- they look great as dresses too!

Screen Shot 2013-07-24 at 7.02.17 PMrt413544d341_dusk_setlarge

I spent last night wishing I was drinking wine at a cafe in Paris.  Then I saw this top aptly named “Wine and Dine Outdoors”- with a print of ladies imbibing cafe-style and it made me smile. Would look SO cute with skinny jeans and cute black ballet flats!

b1bdcfb132f609eb8e7d3e8c085991b2037889cd0a97998a0b43e5b08c6fbc91

Love the upholstery on this chair? Then you probably also love this amaze striped Claire Vivier tote!

Screen Shot 2013-07-25 at 8.16.54 AMScreen Shot 2013-07-25 at 8.17.40 AM

More red! What is the deal with me today? But I do love red and purple together and these Tory smoking slippers are just WAY WAY too awesome!!!

8abfe42db9ef81129a3365e56fcad5d9TB_22138388_967_C

Ahhhh, now HERE is my palette. Black, white and tan with lots o’ gold.  Sleek and simple- just like this awesome jumpsuit (that’s under $90 too!)  If only it weren’t for my freakishly long torso (like, circus freak sideshow long).

32e655b39720147a8529bd3e7cde5eb0image4xxl

Everyone’s favorite zebra wallpaper is now a blouse from C.Wonder (available in red and white too!)

Collages - Averill - Picasa Web Albums - Windows Internet Explorer 762010 114258 AMScreen Shot 2013-07-25 at 7.45.38 AM

DUH. This one is super obvious coming from me but that dress is pretty damn cute for fall.

e4cf5ed3dcef4c9af09bc691701a0409502768456_model_1

More DUH. Black and white stripes will be my jam until I’m in a wheelchair. These shoes are pretty amazing, right?

e72d9dbe9e9f71b98dcef044ed8bf7b5alice4112411838_p1_1-0_254x500

17 Responses to “This or That: Volume 3”

1. Jordan says:

Great Post!!

2. Lauren says:

I always love these posts! The zebra, the stripes, and the malachite are my favesies!

3. Sarah K. says:

Any source on that amazing pink couch?? Love this post!

4. Heather says:

No one, and I mean no one, was as excited as I was when the new summer swim team suits arrived for the kiddos and they were an emerald malachite. Hot!

5. Kathleen says:

That last comment made me LOL. You are so funny.

On the birthday front: if you haven’t discovered Stephanie Johnson’s line of elegant travel cosmetic bags, you are missing out big time. While the line is very pricey, Stephanie knocks fashion meets function out of the park.

This leopard number is another “Duh” for Erin’s b/day and a major bargain to boot:

6. april says:

You are just so fun to read-thank you for the fabulous style tips and humor! And happy birthday! (I’m a Leo, too-the big 40 on Saturday!)

7. Kelly Cezat says:

Love your chic pairings.

8. Karen Albert says:

Erin I always adore how art, fashion and interior design all come together!!

xoxo
    Karena
    2013 Designer Series

9. Maura says:

These are my favorite posts! Buying the jumpsuit – thanks for helping me spend my $$$! Happy Birthday Erin!

10. Love all of these. Those Tory Burch shoes are so cute!

11. I always love these interior vs. fashion posts.

12. Amy says:

I just bought those Tory Burch shoes! Can’t wait to bust them out.

13. Hollie says:

The red leather chesterfield is killer with the navy walls & the outfit paired is perfect too! Loved it all.
    {www.thepinkzipper.blogspot.ca}

14. Caroline L. says:

Fashion usually wins me over in these games, but this version – the interiors!! Wow, jawdropping!

15. Franki Parde says:

Ever so inspiring! You do have such an eye!! franki

16. jess says:

The “freakishly long torso” comment cracks me up… it’s the exact way I’ve described mine for years! Constantly looking for tops that are long enough and dresses with waists that don’t hit in the wrong spot. You’re not alone! :)