Summertime Blue & White (and some art)

Whenever I decorate a home by the shore I immediately go to blue and white as the palette. It’s so obvious, but it’s also so WONDERFUL! There is something just so crisp and clean about an all blue and white space- don’t you think? I also have been having a serious moment with collections of blue and white ginger jars- am thinking of putting a few in the middle of my dining table. I just love them! Here are some great spaces utilizing this color scheme and a few picks to get the look yourself.

afb0198daa7d9167112a00fe14a863e95f8c4fa42d15e8f4e0dea7cca9a88f7e

d7523419d77c3b0f090541d0204d1f8e5ffea07266dd54f4c5bfab4d39af28b7

fb43ff8285b712d7dd4c55562af0bfeb

2c99620c644291518aa27f81e762be835eec196e9498904629698cb6729b14fd

16392a9e7069d242ed616cde5670e7bbaad7395828014d6cdf411103533a0807

17585cbeafdddd4e60d5a64ad91f9e71d834edca58b4ea56c11daa09bac9c4a5

7d48c0973c5c6352349a2bf281aabc3b6c3fd9e1c34214247e0c61c259c95f67

50709-blue-white-living-room-r-x

5229fb026dd97fd1d7a7b6c0683288532674080998349615_RnBfnM02

blue

rug // ginger jar // bench // pillow // plates // iphone case // dot pillow // chair // vases // tablecloth

And speaking of summertime and this hot beach weather, I am SO loving these beach paintings by Teil Duncan!  The colors and composition along with the semi-abstract style are all so wonderful. I’d love one to put in the guest room (my room) at my parent’s new beach house!

IMG_1428

IMG_1424

IMG_1429

tumblr_mm306q4ILQ1rrxnigo1_1280

photo-222

22 Responses to “Summertime Blue & White (and some art)”

1. Lindsay says:

Yikes! Those drapes (plaid? gingham?) scare the bejesus out of me. Otherwise I love pretty much all the other pics.

2. I love blue and white! It’s so calming so it’s perfect for the beach.

3. Melissa says:

There is a stunning exhibit celebrating all things blue and white at the MFA right now!

4. Kathleen says:

I fell in love with the Lapis-border china pictured next to the blue & white bowl when I registered at Shreve’s almost 27 years ago. It was so pricey that I chose another pattern. I still love the Lapis china after all this time!

5. Jennifer says:

Erin, love these paintings! Thanks for sharing. I keep looking for your design/business website but can’t find it. I’d love to see more of your work. Do you not have one?

6. I love deep blue and white in this combination. Very elegant, like Royal Copenhagen china.

7. Edyta says:

Wow, these beach paintings are amazing!!

8. BRANDI says:

Gorgeous!!
    Continuing with the blue/white.. check out this outdoor space in the home of Vogue Brazil style director Donata Meirelles’s Sao Paulo home:
    Amazing!!

9. michelle says:

i am obsessed with blue and white. basically my whole wardrobe and room is blue and white (except a few pops of pink). thanks to you i feel like i need gingham curtains!

10. Caroline L. says:

One of my favorite color schemes, as well :) It’s just so preppy and classic and lovely!

11. Violet Vixen says:

Blue is my favorite color! Blue and white makes me think classic and sophisticated summer, love it!

12. Lisa T. says:

Loooove these! You definitely have the same taste in art as I do! I especially like anything that is related to the ocean/beach or summer–my favorite season!

13. Katie says:

I love Teil’s work! Thank you for sharing this with us. trying to figure out which one might work in our house. love, love!

14. Patricia says:

I’ve been a blue and white fan forever … didn’t know quite why until my sister found my childhood tea set; blue willow. which also explains the slowly collected twelve place settings including soup tureens and vegetable dishes and pitchers and egg cups (and just stop me now!). I think I’ve cornered the west coast market on blue willow berry bowls…

15. Hanna says:

Great Post. Thank you for the introduction to Teil Duncan’s works; love them!

16. The kitchen with the blue base cabinets and white uppers is fabulous!

17. Franki Parde says:

I always “change out” paintings (pictures, etc.) with the seasons…these summer scenes are sensational! franki

18. Robin says:

I have to have one of these beach paintings by Teil Duncan. They are fabulous. Thanks for sharing.

19. Can’t go wrong with these colors. Every one of those photos is fabulous (although I agree with Lindsay about the drapes…). I probably also wouldn’t be able to resist throwing in some small accents of greens or yellows.

20. Meg says:

Just signed a lease on a cute little place by the beach and I’m SO inspired by all of the navy/indigo and blue hues of the water. This just took my obsession to the max! So many wonderful ideas… thank you for sharing!! Cheers!

21. Karen Albert says:

Beautiful paintings Erin! You know I adore anything blue and white!

xoxo
    Karena
    Artists Series 2013

22. [...] You can see the full video tour here. Next up is the new show Property Envy. Watching these three critique multi million dollar properties is only part of the fun.  The second half of the fun is when Mary McDonald and Jeff Lewis continually roll their eyes over Brandy Malay’s comments. If you just said “who?”…then you get the joke. The body language is saying…..”what is she doing here?” And finally, this Summer Blue & White collection is perfection. Elements of Style [...]