Fashion Friday: The Basic Black Pant

There is nothing better than buying something that you know you can wear a multitude of ways- both for your wallet and for your peace of mind when getting dressed (or packing for a trip!) One of those items, that is a STAPLE for summer office dressing is the skinny cropped black pant. Now I have not worked in a real office in YEARS, but if I did I’m pretty sure I’d be rocking skinny black pants all the time (shown here is the J.Crew Minnie but I have the Pixie and LOVE them). Here is a pair shown dressed for the office, for a night out and for the weekend. Lots of bang for your buck!

FF

Untitled-1

1. // 2. // 3. // 4. // 5. // 6. // 7. // 8. (also looks KILLER with jeans!) // 9. // 10. // 11. // 12. // 13. // 14. // 15. // 16. // 17.

This all said, isn’t this exactly how you want to look/feel/be this weekend? Yeah, me too.

c40fe980368af849518cd41d8b53eb47

21 Responses to “Fashion Friday: The Basic Black Pant”

1. Angela says:

Yes, yes, and yes!

2. Love a good black cropped pant. Mine are from Theory.

3. Halley says:

As someone who has and does work in an office, the skinny cropped black pant is a work horse in my wardrobe.

4. Pru says:

Thanks for doing this FF. Love it. May start sticking with black trouser and then accessorising. I’m finding this heat exhausting! Have a great weekend.

5. Eileen R says:

Thanks for these great suggestions, Erin! Is item # 9 navy or black? I think it is navy, but it is hard to tell. I will be buying the black pants for sure. Have a nice weekend!

6. LindsB says:

oh yes, I would like that to be me all weekend long.

7. Kristin G. says:

And for all those momma’s to be, J.Crew just came out with a maternity version of both the Minnie and Pixie ;). Happy shopping!

8. Franki Parde says:

#6 and #10 please.. franki

9. I love all three of these outfits! I really need to start planning my outfits more intentionally! These are the three I’m going to start with. :)

10. Sarah says:

I love the J Crew skinny black pant options – the only issue is that I find I am constantly dry cleaning them!

11. Karen Albert says:

Erin, Oh yes, I would love to get away and just relax, read, have a glass of wine (and look as gorgeous as she does!)

I used to have a fitted cream vest and a black one that I made so many outfits with!! I remember taking it to Greece and sitting at a sidewalk cafe wearing it! Alas they were both size 2′s!

xoxo
    Karena
    2013 Designer Series

12. Great post! Love my black skinnies!

13. Maryn says:

Love your night out look! That vest is totally bad a**

14. Holly Irwin says:

That about captures my feelings exactly……..
    xo
    Holly

15. james says:

Nice blog, Free Size High Quality Bohemia Style Female Sexy Cotton Overall for Bikini Swimwear Price > visit ===>http://www.ahappydeal.com

16. Heather says:

I bought my black Minnies the first year they were made and I LOVE THEM. They have held up really well and are perfect in so many situations. However, I have tried to buy new pairs in other colors and in black but they have changed the bottom of the pants in the calf area and now they gap and fit funny at the bottom. I don’t have tiny calves and they still fit loosely. I’ve told the people at J Crew that they ruined a perfectly good thing but I’ll post here it because I am SURE THAT JENNA LYONS checks out EOS! Maybe she’ll get the message!

17. Erin Gates says:

I SO agree heather! They did change the calf and it’s too baggy which is why I LOVE the pixie- I get them cropped at the tailor for 20 bucks!

18. How can you locate different blog upon Tumblr using search term or investigation?

19. We need 2 established wordpess via a webhost….. i recognize i must download and read wordpress and yet whats a very good sponsor to visit by means of? and additionally once i established a bank account with a sponsor, precisely how complex will be established before Allow me to initiate creating a online site? and additionally in conclusion, should i even now import all the 100 % free wordpress design templates?.

20. Love all of it! I adore the white vest – it’s effortlessly chic and versatile, and you could pair it with virtually anything. Also, I purchased some amazing black skinny Theory pants about 5 years ago (very similar to these precious J. Crew ones) and they have held up remarkably well. Definitely check our their skinnies in the fall – so worth it!