Fashion Friday: For Now/ For Fall

OMG y’all, it is SO DAMN HOT here is Boston.  We’ve been absolutely melting up here and it’s made me crave fall- not only for it’s more enjoyable climate but also it’s clothes.  I’ve been seeing so many fall collections being released and it’s so frustrating because it feels simply wrong to buy something for fall while sweating in a very un-ladylike manner (my studio has NO A/C!)  But there are some things you can buy now that work for the heat as well as the chill- here’s one example using the ever-flattering J.Crew No.2 Pencil Skirt in a bright cobalt! In summer pair it with a simple print tee tucked in and statement necklace with print heels (leopard, duh) and in fall a boxy cropped sweater, tights, booties and a statement clutch (DYING for this one!):

nowandlater

Summer: skirt // tee // necklace // shoes (also great for fall) // sunglasses (seen on the fab Atlantic Pacific a lot- must try)

Fall: skirt // sweater // booties // Spanx tights (THE BEST) // earrings // clutch

13 Responses to “Fashion Friday: For Now/ For Fall”

1. Anya says:

Love the sweater, hate the price!

2. Love the summer into fall fashion idea!

3. Love the summer into fall fashion! love that color on the skirt!

4. smash says:

That clutch is SO perfect for you! Love both of these looks.

5. CaroG says:

Love these inspirations! Have the blue skirt, must get the clutch with the blue stripe! Thanks, Erin!

6. Beth says:

Are you MAD, woman?! Get an AC unit or swamp cooler PRONTO! I can’t even look at that turtleneck without sweating right now. Love the skirt though

7. Caroline L. says:

I completely agree – I am craving some brisk weather right now, and some gorgeous fall clothing! That cobalt skirt is an absolute gem!

8. Tata says:

I love the jcrew No 2 pencil skirt too. Great for the summer but for fall/winter, when I wear them with tights, they don’t slide well because it doesn’t have a liner. Do you have that problem? what do most people doing that i don’t know about???

9. LindsB says:

NO A/C?!? I hope your working from home girl!

10. Kathleen says:

No A/C? GEEZ. The heat index is somewhere between OMG and WTF!

11. Jennifer says:

That’s crazy talk not to have a/c. I live in Texas though and it’s considered an emergency if it’s not working. I’m surprised it’s so hot there. I just came in from outside after spending hours by the pool (but not in the pool) and it was so nice. I didn’t even break a sweat. I’m loving summer!

12. Yippee! Finally some leopard print pumps that look great and I can actually afford!