Strike My Fancy

mirrored-coffee-table-decor-books-square-glass-bowl5b70d8a30c4c702955cc4e1a96148067

Rita Konig keeps a few match strikers around her apartment.

Now that I have a coffee table I love, I consistently want fresh flowers and a gorgeous candle on it at all times. Sometimes I fail at the flower part, but the candle one– never. I have a little obsession with beautiful, overpriced candles.  But I hate ruining my little vignette with an ugly box of matches and I don’t want to have to go digging through a drawer to find some either.  So I am ALL about beautiful matchboxes or match strikes on the table now!  Completely lusting after #1, Aerin Lauder’s gold beauty, but here are a bunch in a variety of price points!  Don’t overlook this little detail!

matches

1. // 2. // 3. // 4. // 5. // 6. // 7. // 8. // 9. // 10. // 11. // 12.

Also check out this English beauties from Lucy Cope.

25eceb7dfb938e35d82d4e7d4f921170

12 Responses to “Strike My Fancy”

1. Maggie says:

This is awesome! I wish someone would make table lighters again.

2. I love those! Very chic for a coffee table indeed! xo Kristin

3. Christine says:

Love match stickers! I have a few vintage ones I’ve collected. They’re great to leave in bathrooms too, much more chic than a febreze bottle!

4. Love these, thank you #2 and #9 are my faves!

5. Heather P. says:

I didn’t even know this was a thing you could have – but now I want one. :-)

6. stephanie says:

i just buy the big box of matches from target that are a dollar and DIY it ala holly from In The Fun Lane… =)

however, i find it more convenient to use a lighter. either that or i need a pretty little dish to put the spent match instead of having to walk all the way to the trashcan (yes, i am slightly lazy)

7. KElly Gasner says:

I feel like I have been on a quest for the perfect matchbox forever, and now you’ve put together a perfect selection! Thank you thank you!

8. Karen Albert says:

Gorgeous choices Erin, I do have a candle fetish so now I need to have a luxe match striker!

xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

9. Great picks. Sort of takes you back to the 60′s era.

10. Nicole says:

Oh so cute!

I want one now!

So circa 60′s

Nicole

11. Those Lucy Cope ones are incredible. Who knew matches could have such stylish homes?

12. Erin says:

Love these! Would love to hear about your candle obsessions too!!!!!!!