Fashion Friday: The Long and Short of It

I’m quite loving bright yellow/ chartreuse this summer and found two great dress options that not only are budget friendly but illustrate the maxi vs. mini style options. I am particularly loving this pleated maxi (which comes in LOTS of colors- I myself might get the green, of course). Plus it’s on sale for under $100!  When dressing in a color as bright as this you can either tone it down by pairing it with a neutral like denim or embrace it and go all out like the bottom look.

yellow

LONG: jean jacket // necklace (also on sale and I am GETTING IT) // bag // wedges  (also in my cart) // dress

SHORT: dress (only $69!) // necklace // heels // clutch // Nars Schiap lipstick

19 Responses to “Fashion Friday: The Long and Short of It”

1. oh my goodness that long chartreuse dress is absolutely gorgeous.
    i’m actually looking everywhere for a chair in that color for our bedroom.

2. deb says:

i’m obsessed with the color myself… not sure it is that flattering on me, yet using dabs in my interiors– paired with grays!

3. YOLONDA says:

Great picks! Love both dresses and necklaces.

YOLONDA J. WASHINGTON | DESIGNroundupblog.com

4. Amanda says:

Love the top outfit. Perfect for summer!

5. Erica says:

That pop of bright yellow makes me happy. I think I’ll have to have one of those! The Co-op sandals are pretty great too…

6. Abby says:

I have the Sam Edelman Sutton and I LOOOOOOOVVVEEE them! Snap those babies up!

7. I love, love, love that maxi dress. I remember seeing it a while ago and now it’s on sale… talk about temptation. :)

8. Caroline L. says:

Both are great looks – I’m especially charmed by the “long” version – it’s something I imagine Carrie Bradshaw would have been super into :)

9. Beautifully curated. Understated and chic. Congratulations!

10. Kasia says:

Great outfit ideas! :) I do have to say though I got the long version of that dress from Victoria’s Secret and it was still way short for a maxi. I’m 5’8″ and it awkwardly hit right at my ankles (I prefer my maxis to hit at the top of my feet). Something to keep in mind in case you need some extra length :)

xoxo,
    Kasia

11. Lianna says:

definitely short!!

<3 Lianna J @ Salem Style Crochet

12. Liz says:

I bought that maxi dress in green after seeing it in black on your blog a couple of months ago. I wore it to a wedding over Memorial Day weekend, and I’ve never received so many compliments on a dress in my life. Highly recommend the green!

13. I LOVE the first dress. And those Sam Edelman wedges — I have had my eyes on those for a while now…such a great price! I think I may need to jump on that!

14. That maxi dress is pretty amazing. Such a great color! Love both of the outfits you put together!

15. Meghan says:

Erin, I actually got the maxi in green for a wedding, and love it! In fact, it was one of the most comfortable dresses for a summer wedding…I decided I’m going to wear it for another wedding coming up too!

16. Betsy says:

I bought those wedges last month, except in a neutral metallic, and I love them! Very comfy!

17. Love these picks. I have some great vintage jewelry on my website and just about everything under $50.

18. Zoe Royall says:

I just bought the neon yellow maxi because summer is here and I deserve it. Ha. Taking deep breath as I imagine a polyester dress from VS, but I trust you Erin Gates!

19. One of my favorite colors to wear with a tan – love the maxi dress!!!