Currently Loving: Spindle/Spool Beds

I am currently using a classic spool bed in a beach house project I’m working on and am really feeling quite into them for all sorts of spaces.  Especially when lacquered a glossy dark color like this amazing space by the fabulous Tilton Fenwick ladies.

2daa818038050e89d1a1206499a8f661

I simply ADORE this room- the traditional paper mixed with the modern side table and bold punches of chartreuse are just perfect! Such a happy space!

190df22fba71eeace3508433e5142881

Clean, classic and lots of spindles and spools…. chairs are my OTHER favorite use of spindles.

Dark-Wood-Spindles

Monochromatic, soothing and serene.

092bcce89e533d234d806c8078d9ac9b

Sheryl Crow’s bedroom even has one. Like most things, I love the black!

Sheryl-Crows-Hollywood-House-bedroom-AD-611x387

A more modern version of the spool…..

420b6b8c324d37326a0952a64dbad97a

You can search eBay, Etsy and antique shops and flea markets for vintage ones that you can have painted with a dramatic high gloss paint!

IMG_9232

I love this vintage spindle daybed from 1st Dibs- could be a great bench for a living room or large entry!

006_l

These two are available in various finishes and colors.

4fef073745b0fdd56635c5f7a0844340

72dcf645c94067bbeb39d9ef5233a3a4

I quite this this one from Noir

GBED105EKHB_lg

This one is rather dramatic!

cdadba5c-a9ff-44db-9b29-a0f900c24281

9 Responses to “Currently Loving: Spindle/Spool Beds”

1. Liza Miller says:

I love spindle beds! Land of Nod has some great brightly colored Jenny Lind beds for kids. I kind of want a red or turquoise one for myself :)

2. DawnMarie says:

I would love a bed like this. I have a special needs pet therefore I have to have a platform bed. Yes, he sleeps with me and no, he won’t use those little stairs to climb into bed. So my design choices are dictated by his needs. And I am sure you and many of your readers understand that. But I really love these beds. What we do for our pets!!

3. J Smith says:

I’m not a decorator, but perhaps you mean spool not spindle?

4. These beds are so classic, but when painted it brings a whole new life to the piece!

5. Caroline L. says:

Oh, how cool! I’m especially loving that modern version – so dramatic!

6. smash says:

Omg I am dying over the first picture. I absolutely love that bedding! Going to have to hunt it down stat!

7. Lindsay says:

The whole spindle thing is a little…pilgrim-ish for me. Oh well, can’t love everything!

8. just saw a spool chair on zgallerie’s website the other day. Can’t speak to the quality but it’s a looker!

9. Haniya says:

love these designs! when I was designing my bedroom I used the Color911 app, it was so helpful! I suggest you take a look at it. and I really love that style of bed! So cool!