Fashion Friday: Weekend Neutrals

I find myself more and more sticking to a rather monochromatic palette so that I can spend more on single items knowing they will go with everything else I have/ am buying. Boring? Perhaps. But I feel most “chic and French” when in black, grey, white and tan. But I cannot live without denim. No way. I love pairing a fancy top with distressed jeans or popping on a denim jacket over a more formal dress. Here are three weekend looks that I want RIGHT NOW. Like, I’m serious. Right now.

WEEKENDNUETRAL

Friday Night: top // jeans //  earrings // shoes // ring

Saturday Night: dress // clutch // jacket // heels // earrings

Sunday Funday: sweatshirt (**hilarious) // cut offs // bag // sneakers

Speaking of monochromatic…. check out my eBay find I just got back from the upholsterer!!!

Before (are your eyes bleeding?)

Screen Shot 2013-05-10 at 7.59.17 AM

After (hello lovvvaaaahhh!)

Screen Shot 2013-05-10 at 7.58.46 AM

36 Responses to “Fashion Friday: Weekend Neutrals”

1. Samantha says:

Whoaaaaaaaaaaa. I LOVE your chair. Super gorgeous. May I ask where you got that beauty upholstered? I just scored a sweet chair at a vintage shop in NH and I’m thinking of taking it to Zimmans (spelling?) in Lynn. But if you have a rec, I’m all ears. Thanks and Happy Almost Weekend.

2. Angela says:

That chair!!!!!! Amazing!!!

3. Amanda says:

Love that chair! The new upholstery looks fantastic. Also – I too stick to neutrals all the time – not boring but classic, or at least I tell myself that. Can never go wrong with a black and white dress or a pair of Chuck Taylors. Have a great weekend.

4. Quiana says:

Oh my that chair is EVERYTHING! Love it!

5. Eileen R says:

Regarding the chair: Wow! Amazing transformation! Love the juxtaposition of old/vintage and modern/bold. Great job!

6. I just love the mock luxury sweatshirt trend. I hope it never ends! And your chair, holy goodness, your chair. In love!

7. Carol P says:

BEYOND gorgeous!!! #chairenvy

8. Bryn says:

Gorgeous!

It reminds me of a chair I did a couple years ago for a client that I still absolutely love:

I love a good chair makeover!! Great job!

9. Katy says:

First of all, THAT CHAIR. Second of all, that Lord Voldemort sweatshirt is hysterical. I’d love each outfit, please!

10. GP says:

The chair freakin’ rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. Patricia says:

Always look forward to “Fashion Friday” … but that eye-popping chair! Fantastic!

12. Marcie says:

My 98 year old Grandmother has a pair of those same exact chairs. After seeing the transformation I’m going to call dibs on them.

13. That chair looks awesome!! great find!

14. Liannaj says:

I love the Friday night outfit the best!

<3 Lianna J @ Salem Style

15. stephanie says:

LOL! That LV sweatshirt is hilarious…i may have to get it…and wear it with my LV….

16. Boring? Not at all! I love your style and how it’s polished, but still has personality. I am going to need that sweatshirt btw…

17. smash says:

I love everything about this. Great outfits and that char is to.die.for.

xo

18. Sara says:

Love the fabric!! Would you mind sharing what it is?

19. the friday and saturday night outfits are both fabulous. but seriously, let’s talk about the chair. possibly the most amazing chair ever. where did you find the fabric?!

20. linda says:

The chair is super! Can you let all of us who asked about the fabric..I have been searching for it for over a year! Thanks!

21. LB says:

the fabric is great.
    would you mind sharing the source?

22. Erin Gates says:

It’s just solid ivory and black fabric! You have to have a skilled upholsterer sew together in this style.

23. Love the chair makeover! Great choice.

24. A literal gasp! Gorgeous.

25. MacKenzie says:

That LV sweatshirt literally made me LOL! And the chair looks gorg!!

26. Barbara says:

Would you mind sharing the name of your upholsterer? I am new to Boston and would like to have a couch reupholstered. Thank you!

27. Erin I love that Chair! I too would love to know the name of the upholsterer as I live nearby! Enjoy!

28. Terri in SF says:

I want all those outfits – NOW. That “after” chair = swoon.

29. [...] We’re still in that weird weather period where it’s super warm during the day but then drops to 60 at night. Before heading out the door, grabbing a jacket is imperative. I need to do some shopping soon for Boston’s jacket of choice: The jean jacket. Check out Emily’s casual weekend outfit idea for the jean jacket. Want to dress it up more? Erin of Elements of Style shows you how to wear it out on a Saturday night. [...]

30. That chair is super-gorgeous!!! love love love..and can i have the sweatshirt please!! xx meenal

31. Franki Parde says:

THAT CHAIR!!!! Luv at first sight!!! franki

32. Jennifer says:

ummmmm that chair? SWOON.

33. Stunning chair!! Perfectly upholstered chair…