Currently Loving: Director’s Chairs

I’ve found myself completely drawn to rooms using variations of the classic director’s chair lately.  Either in a casual canvas and wood or a more studious leather and metal.  There is something so comfortable and whimsical in the style as well as a great combination of angles to play off any decor style.  I particularly am fond of this look in beach houses…. Take a look at some examples and some you can buy yourself!

4d2bcb7ae09c9813b2c5c2ce88a53c11

2cdbe84464eaf1ffd6ab90984e983dca

4482453a18c8d347cf01e88b1e264977

0831acfafae1a299063de9e9d07dd153

178e46e98a37c64728f54508afc75981

4eef2c57bc6c439da09810dac1606a2a

2fae822bd4732fa5d58b35d092c83763

3a8ad6fe1dd7d8b2e9352a9bd3ec677b

chairs

1. // 2. // 3. // 4. // 5. // 6. // 7.

13 Responses to “Currently Loving: Director’s Chairs”

1. Heather P. says:

I love this idea! I think they work well for those of us who like to switch things up now and again – all you have to do is swap out the fabric, which I imagine is a LOT cheaper and easier than reupholstering an entire chair!

2. Holly says:

You post about director’s chairs and I lust after that purple/white (with a turquoise interior?) bag hanging from the 5th pic down. Any idea where it’s from?

3. Dana says:

These might look good; but they are sooo uncomfortable to sit in.
    One could never relax in one!

4. Samantha says:

Whoa! The chair from Home Depot is really cute. Who knew!?

5. Megan says:

Do you know where the desk in the 5th picture down is from??

6. Fiona says:

I agree with Diana. They look good but I can’t tell you how many times I have bumped the side of my leg trying to get out of them. Although I might be tempted to endure if it were a David Hicks :-).

7. CJ says:

I love this. I have been looking for chairs for the head of our dining room table that aren’t too expensive for ages. I just ordered the cute black and white one from Home Depot! I hope it looks as cute in person as I am imagining it

8. Caroline says:

Love that striped one, although I’ve never found these chairs too comfortable… they’d definitely add some character to a room, though! :)

9. I LOVE the idea of having one as an accent chair. The studier ones would be great for our breakfast nook table! Great idea. xo

10. Julie says:

get out! I just blogged about them on Monday, I’m planning on placing one at the work center we are having installed in the kitchen! love them!

11. Franki Parde says:

I am flinging throws over anything standing still these days (photo #1.) franki

12. CF says:

I have loved the idea using the directors chairs as dinning room seating ever since I saw them on Will & Grace (aging myself). It’s just such a cool look.

13. Heather says:

My parents had a pair in the living room when I was a kid in the 70s–is white curly sheepskin. They were AMAZING. (there was also a wall of wood slats on a diagonal, funny to see that decade coming back.)

I always love the transitional, beachy/casual vibe they impart. Great source photos!