Chicest Ad Campaign EVER.

Is this Ferragamo campaign shot by Claiborne Swanson Frank not the more gorgeous, wonderful thing ever? I love seeing how each of these fashionable ladies styled herself and her custom Ferragamo L’Iacona shoes. I am obsessed with the details- not only of the outfits but of the settings and spaces too.

I would friggin’ sell my soul for this coat. And these legs.

DSC_6803_V21

This is just the most killer portrait… and sofa. And legs, again.

ELECTRA_WEIDEMANN_PORTRAIT_V2

Lauren Santo Domingo’s whole look slays me- head to toe, I must have it. And the setting too (Paris).

DSC_8519_V2

The yellow, gold, green, wall molding and tiger (sadface).

MIROSLAVA_DUMA_PORTRAIT_V2

The orange and turquoise combo- kill me. So good.

DSC_9512-3_V2

This is summer perfection to a T.

ASIA_BAKER_PORTRAIT_V2

PREPPY HEAVEN! That room too- amazing!!!!

DSC_1978_V2

Oh Olivia. You are so lovely.

OLIVIA_PALERMO_PORTRAIT_V2

Love everything about this. The olive trench is just everything.

DSC_0624-2

So elegant. That building too!

DSC_5188-2_V2

All black in Paris. Perfect.

ALEXANDRA_RICHARDS_PORTRAIT_V2

The flowers, the colors…. just mind blowingly pretty.

DSC_7186-2_V2

Edgy, cool and colorful.

DSC_5579_V2

If I had to choose I’d probably do all black becasue I’m boring/classic like that.  Or maybe nude with black– you know, get crazy.  It’s not a shoe I’d typically be drawn to, as it seems a little granny-chic.  But now that I’ve seen this campaign, they have redefined it for a new generation and now I’m into it (the flats at least, the chunky low heel, not as much)!  Pretty genius, right?

flats3

flats2

See the monogram on the sole? So cute!

sole

And did I mention how insanely gorgeous and lovely Clairborne Swanson Frank is? You’ve all seen her apartment in Elle Decor! I know we’d be best friends because of that leopard bench. It’s telling.

Claiborne-swanson-frank-ed11-2011-01-lgn

Claiborne-swanson-frank-ed11-2011-03-lgn

Yes, that’s her. I know…… We don’t even have to talk about it.

DSC0422-5inprog-2-2-542x500

30 Responses to “Chicest Ad Campaign EVER.”

1. Heidi says:

I love Ferragamo shoes… but they are the favoured shoes of my mother and her friends, so speak to me of fun times for a 65 plus year old age set. I just can’t get that thought out of my head when looking at them in all their colourful newly styled glory, so no amount of fashionista ad campaign is going to induce me to buy a pair. Although they do look pretty good in these images, I’ll admit.

2. Rebecca says:

Love the Ferragamos!! My grandmother wore these babies all the time, and while many still think of this style as a grandmother/older lady shoe, I rock my black and nude pairs every chance I get!! Besides, my gram was the coolest, chicest cat around, so why not try to emulate that a little bit. I see old ladies wearing Chanel jackets all the time–does that mean I wouldn’t wear one? Psst. You just have to play around and mix those items in with something really fresh.

Oh, and that apartment is FABULOUS. Leopard benches–so sick!

3. Angela says:

Such gorgeous ladies (and shoes). I love them in navy. This post will be my inspiration to make it to the gym today!

4. Dana says:

THANK THE LORD!

So sick of seeing the TB Reva flat and lego splashed everywhere! A new “old” option for classic flats. Only wish they were under $400

5. alison g. says:

Can I just have an ounce of that kind of chic? Pretty please?

6. I’ve never been into Ferragamo shoes, but this campaign made me change my standpoint. Oh, the power of marketing!

7. GP says:

Yes, very cool, BUT – lady in the 1st photo, no one’s leg naturally bends that way. Just sayin’…

8. Jennifer says:

I love the ad campaign and everything about the photos except for the shoes, lol. The shoes just don’t match the clothes imo. Everything looks like it should have a heel with it. They are beautiful photos though with the exception of that poor tiger.

9. KMD says:

This reminds me of an ad campaign my husband worked on years ago: This is Not Your Father’s Oldsmobile.

10. Arg, now I really want those shoes. Have been seeing them around and love the granny chic, resurgence of an old classic. P.S. I think those dinning room chairs are just like those serpent ones we saw at Brimfield!!!!

11. Amanda says:

If I could afford Ferragamo shoes maybe I could look like that? :) That ad campaign definitely works.

12. danielle says:

Claiborne** (i always get this mixed up too – I think her chicness must come from this awfully chic name!)

13. Nancy says:

Love your posts, Erin! But I’ve got to go on record here – that leg is photoshopped to within an inch of its life – don’t you think? And on a completely unrelated note – I LOVE the dog in the final image – so classic next to the glam Clairborne.

14. Jean-Marie says:

Glad to see some diversity among those women! (The fashion world never changes in its narrow scope of people on this earth)

15. did you see the accompanying video too? so gorgeous. have been holding out for a pair of these but the monogram on the sole? i think that will do me in – I can feel my willpower wilting.

16. Angie says:

Let me see. Win the Power Ball or look like one of these ladies. Decisions,
    Decisions, Decisions. Great post Erin.

17. Am I the only one who saw the legs in that first photo (well, most of the photos) and thought they were unattractive because they’re too skinny? Claiborne’s are lovely though, not scary skinny. The photos are truly stunning but as much as I love flats I don’t think I could wear those – my granny could though, if she were still with us! :)

18. Caroline L. says:

OK, I’ll just be over here doing lunges… don’t mind me…

19. Jenn Blewett says:

Great article, I am now obsessing over those shoes. NEED!

20. Lindsey A. says:

My hubby bought me a pair of navy flats on our honeymoon in Italy. I wear them all the time even though I felt like they were a little old lady for me. Kind of psyched to see I was a little ahead of the curve a few years ago when I got them! That never happens BTW! And gotta love Claiborne. Her sister, Alexis Swanson Traina, has an even sicker house in San Francisco if that’s even possible.

21. I was not a fan, and now can’t think of anything else… thank you for that ;) Amazing, just amazing. I would totally go oxbood and nude. #wishlisted

22. smash says:

WOW. Inspiration galore. All of these ladies are so gorgeous and stylish.

23. So chic! My aunt has a closetful of Ferragamo shoes I need to go shopping! They look the same!

24. I recently came across your blog and found it fresh and a pleasure to read! I love these attire, really nice.

I work with http://www.barcode91.com and am usually very stingy about giving out complements ;) Good Job! Congratulations to you on your wonderful blog.
    I will come back often to read more :)

- Shivangi

25. jessica delaney says:

so much beauty in these photographs ~ and her home?! don’t even know where to start…she is incredibly talented!! i want claiborne’s book!

26. seriously dying over these photos!
    what an amazing campaign.

27. Gray says:

you are so right! a fabulous pinterest board in itself!
    but i do think the granny/chic comment is correct and that you can pull it off if you are 25 years old and 7 feet tall and gorgeous.
    but at 54 years old and 5’5″, not so much.

28. Colleen says:

I agree. Photoshopped legs. I thought the 80s/90s anorexic-chic was out? Even ballet dancers nowadays finally have muscles on them.

Much nicer to see athletic-looking models. These women, if they aren’t photoshopped, aren’t hitting the gym. They’re starving themselves. And it doesn’t make me want the shoes.

29. Patsy says:

You’d think they’d look happier……

30. Chicest Ad Campaign EVER. « Elements of Style Blog