Fashion Friday: Everything Emerald

I know I’ve said it before, but I am still obsessed with all things emerald green. Bot only for interiors (still pondering the color for my dining room chairs) but also for clothes and accessories. I was looking through fashion items I’d bookmarked to blog about and when over half of them were this shade I decided another green post was in order.  It’s such a happy but modern color and looks equally stunning on all complexions.  And who can forget this dress on Keira Knightley in Atonement? Has to be one of my top 10 movie fashion moments.  The color just made her stand out and said a lot of her character…

atonement_green_dress1

Some more examples of this great color:

8495de4b67bd4665e1a76c3a52733ac7052ea3af8b82871d316d7774b4fc1640

6b83cda9af6d7d1430422d6907864a2110c7d2db128ec0fa38f5675393cfcfa0

6ee905c8e4b37e74acc74361ab80ad7b

fec610aae3cae4598d91d0c0195f21db394x700-3

This color has been popular FOREVER though….

c8e64aa812ab5cd08aa99a696f9fd69082dfe660e65352e39def68e50e4b97fb

Even Monet was captivated by a girl in a green dress. :)

camille-also-known-as-the-woman-in-a-green-dress.jpg!Blog

I mixed in a couple lighter versions of emerald for you here, in case some are still wary of going GREEN green. :)  But so many awesome things to ponder in this shade…

green

1. WHY do I not have anywhere to wear this dress? OBSESSED. 2. A great cami for under a black blazer 3. Leopard AND green? Were these sandals made for me? 4. Preppy stripes with a blingy neckline- no jewels needed! 5. A sweet little bracelet 6. A small piece, like this clutch, spices up an all black outfit 7. The silhouette of this dress is so fun and different 8. Little shorts for casual days 9. A sweet lace dress 10. Dramatic drop earrings 11. DYING to try Tata Harper skincare line (green in that all natural way too) 12. A dramatically awesome necklace 13. A pop art looking top  14. Adore this Coach tote for summer beach days or work! 15. Amazing, modern cuff with green glossy accent 16. This scarf is BANANAS. I wish! 17. A fun, jungle print bikini.

24 Responses to “Fashion Friday: Everything Emerald”

1. That Monet is on display at the Met for their Impressionism, Fashion and Modernity exhibit. The dresses that the models wore are displayed next to the paintings. If you haven’t done so already, you should check it out – it’s one of the best exhibits I have seen in a while! And LOVE emerald, I have yet to see a skin tone it doesn’t look good on, but I particularly like it on us brunettes! ;)

2. Liz says:

I’m feeling in a green mood too, am considering wearing this little Zara dress to a wedding this summer http://www.zara.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product/us/en/zara-nam-S2013/358003/1169033/DOUBLE+STRAP+WRAP+DRESS more of a deeper green in person and has a Tibi-on-a-budget feel! (PS your blog is my home page to remind me to read something fun first thing in a morning)

3. love. But i can’t believe that Gwynnie’s green ensemble from Great Expectations didn’t make the cut! Although maybe that wasn’t quite emerald – i think i just remember it that way!

4. Meg says:

Erin, the DVF sandals are on sale on Shopbop! Love your blog :)

5. Franki Parde says:

Emerald green chairs…oh, yah!! franki

6. Yes I remember that dress from Atonement, stunning. Love the green jade necklace, beautiful, I have a similar style in jet beads from the 50′s for sale on my website.

7. Krysta says:

Ok, that jade necklace is to die for! I love emerald, and am considering it for a loveseat in my bedroom. I once heard (or read maybe) that green is the most universally flattering color.

8. I love the color and also love how flowy and whimsical a lot of the dresses are! I just want to float away on a breeze in one of them!

9. Andrea says:

Also obsessed with emerald and OMG- want EVERY SINGLE THING you posted!!!! Aacckk!!! My wallet is cursing you.

10. Michelle says:

I have a spectacular vintage necklace that my grandmother bought in Venice in the ’60s – triple strand Murano glass beads in deep emerald green. Each bead is a little different. Has a huge gold and green rhinestone clasp that i sometimes wear to the side. It weighs a TON, or I’d wear it every stinking day. It is impossibly glamorous. I feel like such a stud when i wear it, and the color is a major part — like I could roll up to the Met Institute ball in this thing, like I’m in a Hitchcock movie, like I’m at a party on someone’s terrace on Capri. Hmmm…Maybe I should wear it with bathing suit and heel this summer. It is THAT good. It’s amazing how an article of clothing or accessory can affect your entire physical presence, attitude, carriage and demeanor.

11. Chrys says:

Hello! can’t agree with you more. Love green. I am intrigued by your thoughts on green for dining room chairs. I have some chairs that I have stripped down to go with a lovely old wood table with a hunter green base….just can’t seem to commit to green for the chairs. Seems very “matchy” would you go with a different tone/shade of green?

12. Amanda says:

Totally agree with a comment above, Gwyneth Paltrow’s emerald green frocks in Great Expectations were amazing. Emerald is such a fun color for spring.

13. Caroline says:

One of my favorite colors to wear as well! I feel like it’s just so flattering on everyone!

14. Pantone Color of the Year Emerald Green 2013. I’d say youre on to something.

15. Katie says:

You must try Tata Harper! You will not be disappointed. It is literally the best stuff I’ve ever used. I love the serum and the facial oil the best, though all of their moisturizers and toners are wonderful. Your skin will be so happy! Great post, I love everything green- just got the J.crew Cafe Capri in mint green eyelet: http://www.jcrew.com/AST/Navigation/Sale/AllProducts/PRDOVR~65899/99102942928/ENE~1+2+3+22+4294967294+20~~~20+17+4294966837~90~~~~~~~/65899.jsp

16. deb says:

… just curious why “but only for interiors”? with your dark hair, it’s look lovely, just saying!!

17. Erin Gates says:

Typo, NOT only for interiors…. hence the post. :)

18. Jamie says:

The Atonement gown was the inspiration for the gown my sister wore as maid-of-honor to my wedding. Such a stunning, stunning color!

19. Keira Knightly in that dress. To die for. I’m currently wanting an emerald green maxi skirt.

20. Vanessa says:

Emerald green is one of those colors that I love for fashion, but just can’t picture in my home. I’m sure some people can pull it off though.

21. Design Chic says:

Just love green and these dresses- love the one on Elizabth Taylor. Dying over the DVF sandals – may have to purchase these today!!

22. Great post! I have olive skin, so my mother has told me since I was little to avoid green like the plague. But I have to say, you make a compelling argument. Beautiful images… maybe I’ll have to give green a go.

Warmest,
    Liz

{celesteandpearl.blogspot.com}

23. Heather says:

Stumbled across your blog when someone linked to your post about Gwyneth. I am loving your blog!! Emerald green and cobalt blue are my two favorite colors to wear. My fave piece right now is my Rebecca Minkoff metal corner clutch in a lighter emerald green. Check it out – it’s gorgeous!
    - Heather