Eloise Goes To Brooklyn

I love this little drawing by illustrator Joana Avillez which imagines the child lit darling Eloise ditching her Upper East Side lifestyle for hipster Brooklyn- specifically the Wythe Hotel. It’s hilarious.

eloise130408_940

I know The Wythe has been blogged ad nauseum, but I actually am hoping to stay there soon as Andrew and I will be making a pilgrimage to the area to see some family and friends who have recently relocated there.  I am obsessed with these rooms. Marble, brick, wallpaper… what’s not to like?

S8L

Historic-Corner-King

Wythe-Hotel-williamsburg-brooklyn-yatzer-9

HCKbed

Minibar

HCK-bath

Reynard is the hotel’s restaurant, I love the graphics.

Screen Shot 2013-04-02 at 7.13.47 AM

Not to mention the decor…

Wythe-Hotel-williamsburg-brooklyn-yatzer-11

Wythe-Hotel-williamsburg-brooklyn-yatzer-10

How about the outdoor patio??? AMAZING!  what a space for an event!

Wythe_Outdoor_Garden

And the interior private dining room… also charming.

Wythe_Private_Dining_Room1

Get the look of the Wythe with these pieces:

wythe

wallpaper//sconces//chandelier//mirror// chair

13 Responses to “Eloise Goes To Brooklyn”

1. LOVE the Eloise goes to Brooklyn thing. And how about those windows? Can’t stand it. Need to bag the village next time and sleep in Brooklyn or shall I say N0 sleep till Brooklyn (per the beastie boys).

2. Jen says:

Love it. Hipster Eloise. Who knew?

3. Lauren says:

Have you ever been to Brooklyn?

4. Kayla says:

It has been blogged to death but my guy and I are planning a trip and it’s actually on our short list of hotels. The more I see it pop up the more I wanna make it so.

Memoirs & Mochas

5. Amanda says:

I love everything about the Wythe.

6. Caroline says:

Eloise!!! Love :) I’m also obsessed with that outdoor patio – what a delight!

7. Jennifer says:

Love Eloise! That bathroom is the bee’s knees. You must share pics when you visit!

8. CC says:

Yay! Blogging about my neighborhood! When you visit, you must hit Smorgasburg and Brooklyn Flea. Have dinner at Dressler or Diner. Go shopping at Bird on Grand. The farmer’s market in McCarren is pretty cool, and you can see the beautiful Greek Orthodox church. Also, you must have donuts at Peter Pan (Google “Peter Pan Donut Tina Fey” and you will see what I mean). There are a surprising number of New Englanders in Williamsburg/Greenpoint, actually.

9. Love Eloise, very cute!

10. Holly Irwin says:

Oh, that wallpaper and exposed brick!!! I’m in love!
    Thank you for sharing!
    xo
    Holly

11. Serena says:

Erin,

I stayed here. It was a fun experience until you go to bed. The place is loud – our walls were booming until 4am. Could have been from the rooftop bar or Brooklyn bowl across the street. Either way cool sleek place to check out. But don’t go if you like a good nights rest.

12. Just just like a cult, these businesses realize that in case you are around them typically as possible, you will be more likely to give to their whims and desires. Earlier i had been reading a post about deals on Air purifiers, and i almost ordered one, then again i stopped inside the last minute. The delivery man who showed up had a difficult time getting the stackable to the space, but he managed.

13. Elliott says:

Appreciating the time and energy you put into your
    blog and detailed information you present. It’s great to come across a blog every once in a while that isn’t the
    same out of date rehashed material. Excellent read!
    I’ve bookmarked your site and I’m adding your RSS feeds to my Google account.