Boston Lockdown.

17993_10151373594522555_1891270101_n_0

If you haven’t seen the new yet, turn on your TV. I am glued to the screen and will resume blogging when this HORRIBLE INDIVIDUAL is caught.  We are locked down in Boston as the manhunt continues and a HUGE, HUGE thank you to the incredible police department for all they are doing to bring these guys down.

47 Responses to “Boston Lockdown.”

1. Grace says:

We are glued to the TV here in Washington, DC, too. With cousins and friends in Boston, we are all worried. Of course I thought of you, too, as you’re usually the first thing I read in the morning, cup of tea in hand. Stay safe!

2. Katie says:

Stay safe! They will get’em!

3. Sarah S. says:

Be safe and stay home!

4. Heather P. says:

I just saw what was going on when I woke up. Stay safe, and hopefully this will be over very soon.

5. Thinking about everyone up there!! Stay safe!!

6. carolineinaustin says:

Thinking of you.

7. Very scary, stay safe!!!

8. Danielle says:

Thinking of you and Lindsey Mead my other favorite morning read. Be safe my friend!

9. Uju says:

Thinking of you. I hope you and all your loved ones are ok x

10. Jaye says:

Thinking of you and your fellow strong Bostonians. We will prevail!

11. meredith says:

woke up to this news and thought immediately of you (as odd as that may sound). praying for all of those in boston today.

12. praying for all in boston. stay safe!

13. Charmaine says:

Praying for Boston! Stay safe!

14. Nancy says:

The while country is BOSTON STRONG TODAY!

15. Aly says:

Thinking of you and everyone in Boston! <3

16. Emily says:

Lots of love and positive thoughts coming your way from Cincinnati. Stay safe.

17. Rebecca says:

Thinking of you and all Bostonians. I’ve always loved the city, but I love it even more now! You all don’t mess around when it comes to your turf and your people. So tough, so resilient. These senseless, evil people made a serious mistake when they decided to target Boston. The BPD will get them, and hopefully that will bring some small measure of relief to all of you during this horrible tragedy. Stay safe!

18. sketch42blog says:

Im glued here too, thinking of you!

19. As another fellow Bostonian, I completely echo the sentiments of this page. Bring these sick and twisted individuals DOWN! Stay safe!

20. Emily says:

Thinking of all my Boston people right now (including you!). Stay safe.

21. Andrea says:

Stay safe!!! They’ll get him.

22. I’ve though of you often! Be safe!

23. Lynne M says:

I am absolutely glued to the television! I hope that you and your husband are safe and sound. I may be all the way in New Mexico but my thoughts and prayers are with your family and with your town. Stay safe!

24. j says:

Oh my Lord Erin! In Framingham GLUED to the tv.
    Stay safe~ Prayers for everyone.
    This is unbelievable…….

25. Liza M. says:

I can’t even imagine what it must be like to be so close to everything. It’s terrifying to see on TV and I’m nowhere near it.

I’ve only been to Boston once, but it really made an impression on me as one of my favorite places. Thinking of you this week…

26. Susan says:

I thought of you first thing. This coverage is riveting.

27. Mia says:

We too are on lockdown now and are watching the news unfold as if this were a movie. Am hoping they get him soon so we can end this emotional week.

28. Anna H. says:

Glued to my tv here in Charlotte as well! So happy you are all safe in your homes. I hope this all ends quickly and safely!

29. Stay safe! Praying for Boston from CA.

30. Tara says:

I can’t believe this is even happening Erin! So crazy and scary. Hope they get him soon.

31. Amanda says:

Sending love to Boston this morning. So scary and so horrible. Stay safe.

32. Katherine says:

Hey Erin,

New orleans is thinking of ya’ll! I have been horrified that this is happening since Monday, and am tuned in today to hear these terrorists get taken down. Stay Strong Boston, and be safe at home!
    Katherine

33. Lindsey says:

Praying for you and the rest of Boston!

34. lianna says:

I keep refreshing CNN. I hope this ends soon. stay safe!

35. Helene says:

I’m following the news all the way from France, hoping that it will end quickly so Boston can feel at bit safer again…
    I’m pretty amazed by the way Bostonians (and Americans in general) have sticked together through this horrible time, it must be really helpful to know you have your whole community with you.
    Stay safe !
    Sending all my love and prayers to you, your family and those who were wronged during the bombings !

36. Raquel D says:

Stay safe! Hoping this will all be over soon.

37. Monica says:

Everyone in Ottawa is glued to the tv. It is terrifying to watch and we ache for the added stress and worry for anyone affected by this. These individuals have taken another piece of normal life away from all of us. My husband, myself and our three children all run road races across Canada and the US, and I will never run another race or watch the people I love the most line up and not think about the Boston Marathon and the thought of, “What if someone else tries the same thing…”

38. Lisa T. says:

Thinking of you and praying for your safety, Erin. I’m here in Chicago and although I have never been to Boston, I’m sure that I would love it as much as I do Chicago. Realizing that this could easily happen here…but hopeful that it never does. Stay safe; brighter days are coming! This sure has been one crazy week!

39. Debra says:

wow…still happening and its 6:00pm…thinking about everyone in Boston. Stay safe

40. The media loves that you all are glued to your TVs. Do you know who else is glued to their TVs? Future perpetrators of mass violence that know they are promised the same widespread attention and publicity for their own agenda.

If the media continues this incredible sensationalism every time one of these horrible acts is committed, we will forever continue to see them perpetrated.

If you see the logic in this, perhaps you might join the campaign to pressure the media to edit themselves in a more responsible manner.

Thanks!

41. Anna E says:

Thinking of you from Singapore! Stay strong xo

42. Kristie says:

Have been watching all day and was on the live blog tonight on yahoo, which was Amazing. We are toasting the Boston police tonight in Dallas!! So glad Boston can start to heal now that this abject terror is over. I have no other connection to Boston other than your blog, but i am utterly astounded by its citizens and officials. Rest easy tonight Erin and Andrew. XO!!

43. Krista says:

I had outpatient surgery today so we were up early watching, discussed the events with all of the nurses, and then watched this evening until he was in custody. So thankful for law enforcement! They are unbelievably brave. I am sure that security will be tight here in Kentucky for the Derby in a couple of weeks. Sleep well in Boston tonight. :-)

44. ellen patton says:

I work at MIT and live in Lexington and have been glued to the TV. I’m glad it’s ovah.

45. Nikki says:

THEY GOT HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!First thing I checked this morning when i got up. Well done to the police officers and FBI in Boston! To the Bostonians continue to stay strong……London Loves you and we will stand with you in solidarity tomorrow during the London marathon. Stay blessed.

46. Franki Parde says:

The aftermath of all of this is just overwhelming. It will take time. franki

47. Christian Louboutin Pumps: the nature of its delicate appearance, exquisite craftsmanship, quality of materials, etc..