Fashion Friday: J.Crew + Interiors

While I was looking through the new arrivals at J.Crew I was noticing a lot of parallels between the fabrics and colors and popular interiors.  Take a look- this is why I always ask my clients who don’t know what their “style” is to look in their closets to see what they are drawn to!

Fabulous bird and branch pattern top as seen in Cynthia Rowley’s dining room.

51182_WE3876_mcynthia rowley dining  room

Pink ikat on a tee or on the wall!

46469_KE813527e56fef4f26974529312100e8a01461

Navy and white stripes will always look good in a house or on a skirt!

48882_WE1842_m11fca53f5ad8a45c19ad5937c1b525ff

Isn’t this color combo so insanely soothing? LOVE this dress… and this bedroom!

48305_WE1000_mleeann thornton designs bedroom bed white linens mint green paint walls gold moroccan poufs tufted headboard sunburst mirror wall decor cococozy

The variegated black and white stripe is now a classic from the Weinrib rug (or the IKEA version)- and now you can get the look in a top.

21895_KE527136243a5f5ba7b405ee48e1c04126a30e

Hugo Guinness partnered with J.Crew for a few tops in this collection- love the pup ( and the “darling” one too)! And one of these days I’ll add one of his pieces to my gallery wall (that I have to put up this weekend).

38838_KE8465_mf6f846dabd8f79433d520e4c84f03c75

Gold and leopard? You know I’m down.  I need these shoes… and this chair.

22045_ED04463d9f3f8667e6476b522f29e8b4a763e9

This stripe and floral top immediately reminded me of this Urban Outfitters shower curtain (which is GENIUS for a little girl’s bathroom… or a single gal- not sure dudes would dig it).  Also check out the new chevron version shower curtain- so fun.

44418_KE7872_mScreen Shot 2013-02-27 at 8.17.00 PM

Violet and red is SUCH a cool combination- I’ve always liked those colors together even though I don’t love them independently.  How SICK is this necklace????

63799_PR5940Lilly-Bunn-Interiors-purple-red-copy

The peony bloom- every decorator’s favorite flower for shoots! Now you can wear it on this tee (cute under a jacket like this).

99196_KE8441_m79e46755452c835a3213a339cbe1ee17

I’ve been using a lot of natural leather lately- especially in chairs.  I feel like it grounds a space so well. And you better believe I’ll be adding these sandals to my closet for spring- between the wedge, the lace-up detail and the leather I’ll wear these into the ground.

42368_BR597924f856ad4f2eafda3d938c862d5c1560

39 Responses to “Fashion Friday: J.Crew + Interiors”

1. Elizabeth says:

Erin – As usual, your taste is amazing. Thanks for curating this gorgeous collection for those of us who love your style and don’t have enough time to shop. Ordering the sandals and leopard/gold pumps now!

2. Cyndy says:

I’ve been following your whole conversation on transparency and ads, etc., and I’ve found it really interesting and informative. But then this post gave me pause… isn’t J.Crew one of your sponsers? Should you indicate that somewhere in this post even if they didn’t pay for this particular post (although they did pay to advertise on your blog?). I’m just looking for more clarify since I’m an avid blog reader, but not writer. Thanks!

3. Danielle says:

Cyndy,
    J Crew is fabulous – sponser or sponser ;)

4. Sarah says:

Beautiful! I loved the new catalog. (I believe that dining room is Cynthia Rowley’s, not Nicole Miller’s.)

5. Maura says:

I love when you do these posts – so smart and spot on! I don’t know how you come up with such interesting posts everyday, EVERYDAY(!!!) but I love them!

6. Halley says:

Love these choices you chose to highlight. Did you say this was your giveaway today? :)

7. Lyndsey says:

This makes me think I need to spend my weekend painting my bedroom pale mint…

Love the combinations!

8. Gorgeous combos Erin — my favs are the violet and red and the mint soooo nice!

9. lisabeth says:

You are right on it! Love your blog, always resonates with me…thanks!

10. Jennifer Slattery says:

I love the mint and gold room!!! And LOVE those wedges.

11. Liza M. says:

That bedroom color is close to what I have in mind for the master bedroom of our new house. I really think you need the dress that goes with it…it would be so pretty on you!

12. Kristie says:

I am so in love with the blue floral…definitely want the clutch and or heels in that print. I must have missed the leather wedge, because that is gorge…

13. Erin Gates says:

Cyndy- J.Crew does not pay me to post- they are an affiliate advertiser through another company, but I am in no way directly paid to post. I just love J.Crew. Any post that is from a paid sponsor says “Sponsor” in the title. I am working on adding a general disclaimer to the site.

14. Hannahj says:

Loved this post! That soothing baby-turquoise bedroom is divine

15. Emily says:

Great post!! Love it all.

16. barb c says:

This is a great post – I can’t believe you were able to pull together such similar images. It always amazes me how you well you know your high-end stuff and then still are able to find a great shower curtain from AO. And, well, J. Crew…I’ll take one of everything, please.

17. Nicole says:

It’s spot-on how a person’s clothing choices reflect their design aesthetic (says the woman in the yoga pants and 15 yr old tshirt from college).

People overly concerned with sponsors should just not read. There are bigger concerns in the world.

18. Great post Erin! Its true that a lot of times the way we dress reflects our taste in interiors as well. I love that peony t-shirt!

19. Cyndy says:

Thanks for clarifying, Erin! :)

20. jcrew’s spring looks are seriously killing me.
    i became disenfranchised with the brand a few years ago, but they are definitely back on track!

21. Lisa says:

This is so true and I never realized it before! I really do have favorite thinks in my closet that match my rooms in my home. Love it!

22. Eileen says:

You have such a talent for finding similarities between fashion and interiors – really neat post! I think I need those J.Crew wedges in my life, stat. Any idea where the desk with the leopard chair is from?

23. Great post, very creative, lots of great ideas.

24. Colleda says:

What a genius way to think about decorating! I seriously love this post! Thank you :)

25. Jamie says:

This post made me so happy. I am also J.Crew obsessed and think that Jenna Lyons and their stylists are such geniuses. The way they play with colors and patterns just make me so happy so it’s definitely fun to see how you matched up their looks with real life spaces! LOVE!! Have a great weekend!

26. We love J.Crew, and these interiors are to die for!

-Lindsey & Amanda
    Oh Buoy Boston

27. Ann T. says:

I loved this post: both the individual items and the comparisons. Moreover, it strikes a particularly responsive chord with me, because I have been decorating my house for the last four years, and have just now turned my attention to my wardrobe. The only fabrics that really resonate with me are for upholstery, and I have been wondering whether I might find or make clothing in ikat, chevron stripes, suzani, lattice, etc. You answered my question.

28. Caroline says:

That brocade dress! I don’t think I’ve seen anything more delightful. J.Crew just kills me every time – they get it so friggin’ RIGHT!

29. Bekah Klarr says:

I saw jcrew’s new collection a few days ago and am so glad they are back “on track”. They sort of got away from me a little but there but their new stuff is amazing! Only bummer is a lot of the best pieces are sold out already! Oh well! Great post, thanks.

30. Susan says:

J Crew gets it right every time! Love the fashion/ interiors connection. Great post!

Susan
    simplymodernhome.com

31. I am always a fan of a light sea foam green :)

32. Amanda Laitinen says:

Wow, people are really getting on your butt about this “sponsor crap”!
    Get over it people and move on! Is it really that important?

33. Amanda Laitinen says:

Great post, btw! Can’t go wrong with J. Crew!

34. jcrew is my go to store. Their clothing fits the tall and skinny, love them.

35. Franki Parde says:

You have SUCH a design sense!!! franki

36. Erin says:

That striped hallway is amazing, and I loveeee that leather combo on the bottom.

-Erin-
    OneTwoSummer

37. Alyssa says:

I’m in love with that brocade dress! And the bedroom is gorgeous too.

Alyssa

38. Absolutely love love this post! Love how you brought it all together!

Love Love
    Ingrid

39. Chelsey says:

I absolutely love your fashion and interiors features! These photos are so perfectly matched to each outfit it’s amazing! I am swooning over everything in the new Jcrew catalog!

chelseyelizabethdesign.com