West Palm Beach Antiquing!

I somehow managed to escape New England for this massive storm and spend the weekend in Florida with my brother who perhaps smartly, moved towards the equator.  I was excited to get to finally visit two West Palm Beach antique shops that I have been sourcing from via internet for a while- Palm Beach Regency and Circa Who.  They are both chock full of kitschy, fun vintage wares perfect for a little elbow grease fix up.  Take a peek at what a saw:

PALM BEACH REGENCY: To say I was overwhelmed is the understatement of the year.

IMG_3826

I love this chair. LOVE. My brother hated it. With a new cushion it would be so awesome in my living room!!!  How about those fun  yellow lamps?? Love the shape.

IMG_3831IMG_3833

Some awesome vintage glassware.

IMG_3835

Under that camel is the cutest little settee ever- and I loved the carvings on this little table to the right.

IMG_3827IMG_3830

Faux bamboo EVERYWHERE- the pair of little headboards would be DARLING painted and put in a little girl’s room (we actually bought some from one of these stores for that very use a while ago for a client!)

IMG_3832IMG_3840

An cool sofa for a sunroom!

IMG_3834

These brass caster chairs are SO unique! Fab for an office or dining- and the dramatic backs of these other dining chairs are so fun.

IMG_3843IMG_3836

I would die to gild these frames and upholster in white linen. And heeeeeeyyyyy there little poodle.

IMG_3839

This little lacquered chair needed no repair and these brass whales were way too cool for a beach house.

IMG_3841IMG_3845

I spotted these arrow sconces and hemmed and hawed about getting them.  I did not.  And then when going through my pictures and I thought “You IDIOT, those were so cool!”  Good thing when I called yesterday they were still available. SOLD!  I have no idea where they will go but they are too good to pass up.

IMG_3838

CIRCA WHO: Fabulously curated goods.  Could have spent a small fortune.

IMG_3846IMG_3849

That brass console. That’s good stuff.  And those green side tables (color of the year!)

IMG_3855

I loved the shape of these lounge chairs and this little brass lantern (oh, and the metal chairs they sat on- which happen to be the same chairs and table I inherited from my grandmother I need to refinish for my patio)

IMG_3858IMG_3857

BAM. So good. I scored a set of these a few years ago for my client (the pink/black place featured in In Style last month).

IMG_3851

I LOVED LOVED this armoire with it’s chicken wire lined glass doors. Country meet Hollywood Regency glam.

IMG_3859IMG_3860

This chandelier was sold, sadface, And I died for these glasses. Slightly tarnished and so chic.

IMG_3853IMG_3863

Also sold because it’s fabulous.

IMG_3847

Another amazing cabinet and some brass bookshelves quite loved.

IMG_3862IMG_3861

Little elephant side tables atop another cool side table- and some vintage glasses that I think personify Miami.

IMG_3850IMG_3865

I spent the afternoon like this with Oscar, my brother’s Goldendoodle by his pool.  I live in Boston why?

IMG_3869IMG_3870

Back in New England Oliver was confused by what was covering Nana’s back door.  And then I came home to THIS.  That would be my driveway.  Yeah.

804591_10200186242610692_1119516745_n730574_10200193377109050_1202894243_n

Can I go back?

29 Responses to “West Palm Beach Antiquing!”

1. Flirtygems says:

I seriously would do anything for any of those storage cabinets any idea where we can find them around here. Wouldn’t even know how to describe them to look?

2. Vickie says:

Your blog is interesting to read! I really enjoy all of your decorating and style. I don’t usually comment, but, I would
    be very interested in getting the breeder contact info on your brother’s GoldenDoodle. We are looking for a reputable breeder and his boy is beautiful!
    Vickie

P.S.
    Your kitchen is amazing!

3. That’s where I am from! Loooove everything in that place especially those yellow lamps in the first pic.

4. Ella says:

Oliver is NOT amused.

5. Angie says:

Did not realize you were so close by. We live in Jupiter. Well you had some lovely weather as we are having a perfect Winter. Your kitchen is amazing and cannot wait to see the finished project. Read your blog everyday
    whether at home in Florida or traveling. My favorites list is full of links provided in your blog but none compare to you. Until tomorrow then.

6. I want to visit both of these stores SOOO badly- love them!

7. im going to WPB in 2 weeks to stay at my dad’s condo down there…def need to make a trip to this place! thanks!

8. WOW! the antique store looks absolutely to die for!

9. Caroline says:

Those yellow lamps are GORGEOUS! Love, love, love!

10. Sara says:

Gosh, I think that’s the most interesting post ever!
    Thanks

11. Emily says:

I loooove the gold vintage glassware. Why oh why can’t I find places like this where I am?! I live near Charleston, so I know they’re there! Love posts like these.. thanks Erin!

12. Katherine says:

I love palm beach regency and the ladies who run it! I have ordered many an item from them and their ebay store, as well as off of their website. I’m sure it was a real treat to go see their goods in person!

By the way, the kitchen is looking faboooosh!!!!

13. We need a store like this in Colorado, waah.

14. Jennifer says:

LOVE Circa Who! Whenever I visit my parents down there (West Palm Beach), I always go. Wish there were more great shops like that out here in LA.

15. Erin, if you for some crazy reason decide you don’t want those sconces (or can’t seem to find a place for them…like that’s possible), I will totally buy them from you. I have the perfect spot fir them in our master suite. What a find!

16. Amanda says:

I love Circa Who, thanks for posting about that great store. I wish I lived closer!

17. Hehehe, love it – how did you not spend your entire renovating budget in that shop???

18. Becky says:

Wow! Palm Beach Regency looks like a little slice of heaven. I definitely would have gone home with those yellow lamp bases.

19. Dara says:

Erin – I just started an online store on fb. If you like hollywood regency, please have a look! :-) Love your blog, it is a daily read!

Dara

20. Beautiful Architecture in a micro managed sense :)

21. Beautiful architecture in a furniture sense :) Lovin’ it

22. Lindsay Jeanloz says:

Love, love, love (and want) everything! I’ll definitely be a future customer of both shops as I begin the decorating process. Thanks for sharing your photos!

23. JEN RAMOS says:

i LOOOOOVantique shops. There is a super cool spot here in NYC- not sure if you’ve been…I will be blogging about it soon. I think its called showcase or something..my mind is blank right now.

Great photos…and man, that driveway..not cool.

24. Isn’t it amazing / make you want to rent a truck, fill it up, and send it home!?! I have a client in Miami and I am beyond jealous of the finds at their flea markets and craigstlist!

25. Megan says:

The timing on this is too perfect! I just got done with my local Home Show in which my booth design concept was Palm Beach Regency! You can see pictures here: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.507917215927007.128698.200054580046607&type=3

I debated on painting all the furniture white (true Palm Beach Regency style) but decided on black for the chairs and the original stain on the table to keep the items more sellable. People in the midwest tend to be very ‘safe.’

The whole concept was based on my lamps. You like? By the way, the purple drapes were not my choice. ;o)

26. Franki Parde says:

We were in WPB last week and I got to go to the “Designers’ Show House.” Gorgeous (Traditional Home reviewed.) Need to go back as we passed the “Lars Olander” store across from “Belle & Maxwell’s” @3700 Plaza. franki

27. Jane Schott says:

Circa Who is terrific but here is a little secret…if you travel down South Dixie below Southern Blvd. you will see the shops where THEY buy their goods. Seriously. Cut out the middleman. This is a great place to live for scavengers. One of the reasons I moved back here. Just the best!

28. Emily says:

I would go to Florida just to visit those shops! I want everything!! Especially the chair that you loved and your brother hated.

29. Emily says:

Oh yeah, and two feet of snow must have been a ton of fun to come home to! I woke up on Saturday morning and couldn’t open ONE door to let my poor little Baxter out. More to come this weekend.