Powder Room Complete!

Finally the powder room is complete (well, 90%- awaiting window treatment).  I am SO very happy with the way the amazing Cole & Sons Hicks Hexagon wallpaper came out!  Seems every guy thinks it’s crazy busy and dizzying, including Andrew.  Whoops. Sorry fellas. But I love it and love that it’s one of the first things you see down the hall when you enter the house! Andrew thinks we need a piece of art on the long wall to break up the small pattern, and I might agree, but right now I can’t bring myself to put a nail through that gorgeous paper!

IMG_3901

photo 1

photo 3

Someone on Isstagram mentioned the actually liked the toilet design- I know, right? It’s the Porcher Lutezia round front, which we needed due to the closeness of the wall in front of the toilet. If you are over 6’4″ you cannot use this bathroom. :) And since this room is SO miniscule (like, REALLY tiny) we needed the world’s smallest sink too- but I was set on a pedestal, not one of those attached to the wall bits, so I was psyched when the peeps at Waterspot found this Barclay’s 18″ Stanford pedestal.  Looks kinda vintage too, no?  I also loooove the faucet from Jado (via Waterspot)- another hit of vintage with modern functionality.  The mirror I scored from West Elm (a favorite I’ve used in client’s homes) and the sconces are from Lamps Plus.  And note by adorbs little monogrammed zebra linen hand towel from Monogram Goods? Isn’t it the cutest?

49 Responses to “Powder Room Complete!”

1. Sarah says:

Fantastic!

2. Lori says:

Love it!!!!

3. M says:

Looks amazing! I’m sure if you find some art you like well enough to put in there you won’t mind (so much) putting a nail in, but could you use a command hook instead? Depending on the weight of the art? Just an idea. I’d hate to mar that wallpaper, too.

4. Looks gorgeous – and i love the paper though i could see how it would be much for some gents – but then again, that’s why you put stuff like this in the powder room right? and i hear you on the small bathroom items – we had an apartment in an older building in DC and there too, very tight – it’s hard to find good stuff for small bath spaces, you should round up a list of possibilities! congrats!

5. Selina says:

It is beautiful!!!! One of the most wonderful wallpaper designs of the lot in my book!

6. Erin says:

Sorry for all the typos guys- posted at 5 am pre-coffee!!!

7. Martha says:

Perfect. Love everything about it. Are you doing a simple window treatment for privacy? Your house is getting a fresh new look and it is wonderful.

8. Cathy says:

Love it and despite the misgivings of the menfolk, feel that wallpaper was just what the space needed! Yay for finding fixtures in all the right sizes and for creating a gorgeous, impactful powder room!

9. Hannahj says:

It’s gorgeous! Great choices all around! I love super busy patterns in powder baths-you’re only in there for a short amount of time, so you might as well go crazy on the walls!

10. Halley says:

If the men-folk think the wallpaper is so wrong, I don’t want to be right. Love this bathroom and how you have transformed it!

11. It looks amazing Erin!!! I love the font on the faucet and thought the sink was original until you posted otherwise. I’ve used those sconces in client projects before and they are even more beautiful in person. I typically find that busier patterns follow the same line as women wearing red lipstick, men hate it and women love it!

12. Fiona says:

Sorry Erin, not a fan of the silver tone hardware. I think brass would highlight the fabulous wallpaper. Just my 2 cents.

13. Pamela says:

Love how your powder room and kitchen have turned out. You have such great style! Would you mind sharing what color paint you used for your white kitchen cabinets?

14. Mia says:

Hi, Wallpaper looks really great. Such a big impact in a small space. Can you let us know who you hired to hang it? I need some done in my hallway and am in the boston area. Thanks

15. PattyB says:

Great Job Erin. Love seeing your home come together. Over the last 2 years, I have redone a small powder room off our family room and upstairs full bathroom. Even for these small projects (ie. Powder room) time is still enormous to do it right and I am one of those people who worry about every decision, until I see it all done. I actually carried back from a business trip to California a mirror from the powder room from Bali….love it. But those were pre 9-11 days – could never carry something like that on a plane now…Had the mirror for years in the old powder room and now in the redone powder room looks amazing.

16. Kristen says:

That faucet is to die for!!

17. Cheryl Fortunato says:

Can you tell which Hicks colorway you chose. I’m interested in using the black, grey and gold and am having a hard time finding a sample. Not sure if that is the colorway you went with or not. The room looks stunning. Thanks!

18. Lisa says:

Truly gorgeous…great job pulling everything together, even the cute zebra towel!

19. Melissa says:

I adore this. It’s so chic! Can you make me a skirt out of the wallpaper?

20. Franki Parde says:

Kudos!!! franki

21. Heather P. says:

I really like the powder room with the wallpaper! I can’t wait to have a house of my own to do stuff like that. I think powder rooms are one of those places that call for more drama or fun. They’re usually such boring rooms because they’re so small, which I’m assuming makes things more challenging.

Well done!

22. Elizabeth says:

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous. And my husband says it makes him dizzy. I’ll be using this as evidence that the wife is always right in decorating decisions…!

23. Donna Seger says:

It looks great: a perfect example of how dynamic wallpaper really works in a small space. For some reason, I find that most men HATE wallpaper in general, but they are, of course, wrong. For years my husband has been trying to replace the Waterhouse wallpaper in my dining room but I say over my dead body!

24. I am such a fan of that wallpaper!! Need to work it into a project soon!!

25. Lucy says:

I actually love the silver hardware. To the previous poster’s comments, I think brass would have been dated and too matchy-matchy. Great job on the bathroom – love how fresh & modern it feels. It’s a jewel.

26. Annie says:

Looking so, so great. I always think it’s a bit of a toss up in a powder room– such a small space that it’s really easy to vastly under or over do it. But I think you’ve hit the perfect balance– that wallpaper makes a big impact, but not so much that it overwhelms, and the hardware is subtle and elegant. Can’t wait to see the window treatments!

27. kris says:

Obsessed! That faucet is fantastic!

28. Caroline says:

Such a great wallpaper! It’s something I expect to see in a very modern, sophisticated hotel room!

29. Rebecca says:

I love this powder room. I would be so proud to have guests to my home with a powder room as gorgeous as this. Every piece is perfect in scale and style and the paper just makes the room.

30. Sue Erneta says:

Love it! And please show us that looking-down-the-hall view when it’s all done!

31. Kathryn Babb says:

OBSESSED!!! I am weak in the knees!! Great job!

32. Emily says:

I loooove it. Crazy wall patterns in small spaces make me smile. And you know I noticed the zebra hand towel.. I want.

33. Emily says:

looooveeeee it! well done.

34. Amber says:

love it! The zebra towel caught my eye immediately. Great job. Fabulous wallpaper. Fabulous everything, really.

35. Jane says:

WOW! I thought the bathroom was from a magazine. You’re so talented.

36. Mary says:

That wallpaper is amazing!! I LOVE seeing all of your house updates!!!

37. KATHYSUE says:

Omgosh, LOVE!! It is so YOU, that is what is important it just speaks volumes of YOU!! I am with you on the round bowl for the toilet, they are very hard to find! Love the sink and did not notice its size until you mentioned it. Light fixtures are amazing!! All great choices for sure,
    Kathysue

38. You are right…. absolutely gorgeous! Great job!

39. Those bold wallpapers are so unexpected and sooo beautiful! Great job!

40. Mark says:

Interesting observation on the male reaction to the wallpaper- I can see that it clearly is fabulous, but it still gave me head spins. It was actually your post on Furniture Men Hate that got me reading your blog daily, and as the voice of the lone male (born without the fabulous gene, apparently), I’d love you to blog more about how you combine decorating and guys.

How do you approach male clients and tastes, for example? How do you wrangle the hubby with design ideas for your place? Have you ever had to compromise a design to keep both partners happy? I’d be very interested to see you delve into these mysteries…

41. Emily says:

Love the faucet!!!

42. Lana says:

Love the wallpaper!!!! Metallic gold in any wallpaper = love!

43. Deb says:

How about a white roman shade with black ribbon trim? Or black linen?

44. Love how your house is shaping up.. Think you may need a Kerri Rosenthal painting..
    Also would love to see a treatment on your amazing powder room ceiling, it looks sad- compared to the awesome hicks paper that I also have but on my powder room ceiling, then I have a cole and sons flower on the walls- crazy good— Think about it? Kerri

45. Barbara says:

Oh so handsome and sharp-looking. Ironically,it has a rather masculine vibe. You are so talented,thanks for sharing.

46. Jamie says:

Gorgeous! I love it… Enjoy!!!