I have been finding myself continuously deferring to a black and white (and grey) palette these days in both home decor decisions and purchases for the closet. There is something so nice about a “uniform”- keeping things in one simple palette and making sure those items are cut beautifully and made to last. These ladies look fantastic in basic silhouettes and colors but texturized the looks with fantastic accessories.
This palette is classic and is why my dream bag still continues to be this one (even though I think Celine doesn’t make this color combo anymore)
(OMG, I would do seriously disturbing things for that bag.)
In the meantime some pieces that caught my eye that fit into this “look”.
1. This faux leather dress is such a fantastic cut and looks so great dressed up or down. I shall be buying this one.
2. How amazing are these star earrings? So dramatic with an updo and LBD!
3. These pants are so slimming and comfy (and a glam touch of equestrian chic).
5. How cute are these nautical flats???
6. This color blocked Reed Krakoff bag would match just about anything.
7. These tweed motorcycle jacket mixes biker girl and lady who lunches.
8. Love the leather tipping on this simple (and cheap) Calvin top. Great with skinny black pants and heels!
9. Mini skulls add a hint of bad ass with this affordable scarf.
10. This classic leather and gold watch will look great for spring instead of heavy metal bracelet bands.
11. These basic Tibi tanks are pricey, but such a spring layering staple and a perfect fit.
12. A fantastic clutch for spring that adds a little pattern to basic outfits!