I got a lot of emails and comments asking about what I was wearing and about my hair in my ad for IKEA on OWN. I actually got to dress myself, which was pretty awesome. I wanted to look like myself so I wore a bunch of old clothes- which was funny considering that i went crazy out of my mind shopping for the shoot…. and wore none of the stuff I bought (thank goodness for saved receipts!) Here’s the info…
1) How I typically do my hair (and how they did it for the shoot)- no product used, just air dry and then use this awesome clipless barrel curling iron and wrap 1″-2″ sections around it and hold. Tousle, spray a smidge and go.
2) Skinny leopard belt- a must have.
3) J.Crew No. 2 Pencil skirt- mine is the wool version (yellow not available) but this new version for spring in cotton would be great. It is hands down the most flattering skirt ever- I have three. And I am LUSTING after this new version!!!
4) Another closet MUST have- this chambray shirt. Perfect with dressy bottoms or white jeans or bright shorts in summer.
5) The necklace I had on was from the stylists stuff, but this one would be sweet. And it’s dirt cheap.
6) Leopard heels. Another must worth investing in.