Fashion Friday: FREAKIN’ FREEZING!

If you live in the Northeast like me you are probably freezing right now. I thought I was going to die yesterday getting in my car at 8 a.m. and 0 degrees.  It’s hard to be fashionable when it’s this cold out- you usually end up looking like a toddler ready to go sledding no matter how chic your layers.  Here are a few things that might help you look cute while trying not to get hypothermia.

brrrrrrr

jacket // shirt (love this) // jeans // sunglasses // hat // boots (have these) // sweater (homage to Kate?) // gloves (can still text!)

17 Responses to “Fashion Friday: FREAKIN’ FREEZING!”

1. Lisa says:

That jacket is adorable. I have the boots and LOVE them! They are so comfy and look great with leggings. Have a great weekend!

2. Mer says:

Ha! I’m up in Boston, too, and you’re right about it being hard to be fashionable! I always feel so frumpy in my cold weather clothes. I’m so glad I don’t have any big meetings, etc. this week. There’s a woman who lives in my building who is Norwegian, and I saw her yesterday leaving for work. I’ve never seen someone so elegant in the cold weather…beautiful long, brown fur coat (not sure if it was real or faux, guessing real), some sort of long skirt underneath, boots sort of like the ones you featured, and a knit hat with a pom pom that somehow looked glamorous on her. I’m just looking forward to spring!

3. Flirtygems says:

YES freezing here in CT I finally broke down this year and bought myself some furry boots like those!

4. I love all the layers and cold weather clothes. It’s been ultra cold this year in the Rockies and getting bundled up is the best thing about it :) Love my down coat and boots and scarves.

5. Hillary says:

That hat is much more stylish than the knit Uconn one with a pom-pom and ear covers I have been sporting all week. Desperate times call for desparate wardrobe choices.

6. i noticed a huge number of fashionable ladies walking around paris this winter in canada goose jackets. and clearly if it’s good enough for the french it’s good enough for me!

7. Kathleen says:

I tried on that coat at Nieman’s last weekend. It is fab. A bit pricey for my pocketbook, tho.

It is indeed freezing here in the Boston area. Maybe a Dr. Zhivago theme for your next fashion post…..?

8. Jennifer Slattery says:

I want the whole outfit! But Erin – What about some doggy cold weather fashion? :) My poor dog doesn’t even want to go outside to pee right now! And that’s with her coat on too.

9. Pamela says:

i’m from boston but live in paris now..pretty cold here too! and canada goose jackets are on nearly every parisian! man i wish they weren’t so expensive!

10. Love that jacket – it looks so warm & cozy! :)

xx, Eleanor

11. Julie says:

it’s been insanely cold, like cry like a baby if I have to go outside, cold. love your picks, the canada goose jackets are awesome and a necessity. love the boots, I have a pair of Pajar boots and they are fabulous!

12. Caroline says:

For the past ten years, I’ve spent my winters in warmer climate places, so I was actually just thinking the other day what exactly I would wear if I went to the northeast or somewhere else cold and I actually really didn’t what people wore haha!

13. Kelly says:

I’m another Bostonian and omgosh has it been cold! I was getting upset that I wasn’t able to wear my Sorel’s all that much, but now I’m dreaming of flip flops after this week!

14. Cassie says:

Cute outfit, love the coat.

15. Karissa says:

Erin, something weird is happening on the website (I’m viewing through my iPhone). The pictures are showing under the wrong posts, and there are flashing ads where certain pics should be. I just wanted to let you know in case there’s a glitch! Didn’t keep me from loving the posts, though!! :-)

16. Elisa says:

Love your analogy…& those boots ;)

17. Franki Parde says: