Brooklyn’s Finest

Can we please discuss the amazing home of landscape designer Miranda Brooks and her family in Brooklyn featured on Vogue.com? It looks like they live in upstate New York!  But it’s in the CITY! How is this possible? And how are they all this cute? This whole thing has ripped a hole in  the space time continuum for me. Does not compute.

12-miranda-brooks_164125645195

I know it’s hard to notice the floors when there is a HORSE in the room, but they are pretty amazing.

1-miranda-brooks_164122556524

6-miranda-brooks_164130991323

I want to go to there.

3-miranda-brooks_164128500974

I will never tire of wallpaper like this. I hope to someday have a budget that allows it.

2-miranda-brooks_164127740701

Can you even deal with this bathtub? Like, right in the middle of a room?

10-miranda-brooks_164123209816

11-miranda-brooks_164124183629

Cuteness.

13-miranda-brooks_164125333074

More cuteness.

8-miranda-brooks_164132306090

Showing how kids art can be amazing when hung gallery style- with frames or without.

9-miranda-brooks_16413357680

This is the roofdeck shed- now a potting shed. I’m serious.

5-miranda-brooks_164130769974

They have bunnies. In Brooklyn. Hipster bunnies.

7-miranda-brooks_164131631451

HOW IS THIS NEW YORK CITY?????

14-miranda-brooks_164126558121

Oh, and their wedding. Yeeeeeeaaaaahhhhhh.

miranda-brooks-wedding (1)

Love her bohemian look in the first picture? Yeah, me too. Here’s a way to get that carefree “I live in Brooklyn” look for yourself:

boho

jeans // top // boots // bracelet // earrings

32 Responses to “Brooklyn’s Finest”

1. Kathryn says:

This. is. gorgeous.

2. Sarah S. says:

I agree! It’s like a dream.

3. liz says:

This is what makes New York – New York! You never know what hidden gems exist. Love it.

4. Totally agree…how is it possible?! So amazing. All I can think is where do they keep the horse?!?!

5. there is just too much goodness in this post to handle.
    how do they have a horse and all of those trees in brooklyn!?!?! soo gorgeous!

6. wowie says:

It is really hard for me to process all this. Effortless style overload. Geez…

7. Lauren says:

Absolutely Love her! Doesn’t she remind you of a young Sigourney Weaver??? Bucket List item – marry rich and hire Miranda Brooks to do my backyard (someone’s got to afford it!)

Thanks for sharing!

Lauren//PRBlonde

8. Mariel says:

Their home is absolutely amazing! It feels like a fairy tale- a horse in a house in Brooklyn?! And I’d love living in the city if I could be surrounded by all that greenery!

9. Lorrie says:

You can’t keep a horse at home in Brooklyn. The horse was brought in for an Alice in Wonderland tea party for the kids. We do have trees in Brooklyn, parks and grass too. Love the wallpaper. The first photo they look like brother and sister, cute blouse.

10. I mean.. depending on who you ask, Brooklyn IS Upstate ;) And this from a girl who grew up in LEGIT Upstate NY!

These photos give me such intense house envy, I can’t!

xx, Eleanor

11. Kathleen says:

Must. Have Boots. Damn you!

12. Jennifer says:

Hipster bunnies, haha. I think if I lived in NYC I’d have to go in the same direction of decorating-natural, light, a little country. It’s not my normal style, but it counters city life so well.

13. Michelle says:

I remember the spread on the wedding…unreal. This is absolutely ridic. Totally Provencal. Aix-En-Brooklyn. I had to wipe the slobber off my keyboard. Now, if I can just figure out how to emulate it in suburban Texas…

14. Lindsay says:

I want this. Mostly I just want a pony in my kitchen.

15. HannahJ says:

HEAVEN…in brooklyn

16. Caroline says:

I am not even able to process this information. How is this even possible… I’m so jealous. Wow.

17. CC says:

I do live in Brooklyn! <3 I was at Ikea in Brooklyn on Saturday (asking myself What Would Erin Gates Do?) and thought: Surely there is no more culturally diverse place in America than this Ikea right now. 2.5 million people and so much awesome.

18. Meredith says:

Seriously cool.

19. Jennifer says:

Hipster bunnies, ha! This is one of my very favorite homes of all time. I rarely see an interior that makes me think, “Yes, that is perfection. I could live there,” but this one does. I nearly died when I saw this in Vogue for the very same reason: this is the CITY?? Really??? MB is gorgeous. Love your fashion take on it, as always!

20. Sara says:

So not fair. :)

21. Jenna says:

Please find that shirt. I am now ob- sesseddddd

22. natasha says:

Thanks Lorrie. I am a born and raised Brooklynite. I took a group of employees to Brooklyn and heard the same type of comments because we actually have houses. Brooklyn rocks!

23. jeanne says:

Lovely post, we had chickens when we lived in brooklyn from our little easter chicks that grew up, we had a little garden in our backyard, my mom grew roses and lilies, yes there are lots of trees and parks there. Really enjoyed this post, :J

24. Serendipity says:

Swoon! I was in love as soon as I saw the first photo of Miranda and her husband– that blouse! The woman has style! And, as far as her home, I’m speechless except for I NEED that headboard.

25. bunnies in Brooklyn, sounds like the name of a band :) Oh, and those boots…..damn.

26. Elisa says:

The children’s room is simply amazing. I love the fun pattern mixed with calming colors!

27. Franki Parde says:

I’ve always wanted a pony….still do….franki

28. Kim L. says:

Perfection! I love just about everything in their house, especially the mint green walls and the floral print wallpaper!

29. Juliette says:

LOL, this stuff never ceases to make me laugh. I grew up in Brooklyn. (now in Manhattan permanently) But my point being that while I can’t particularly say I don’t admire their style, it’s in no way representative of what “the real Brooklyn” is. It’s more of a transplant sort of created idea of “Brooklyn.” Oh well, this may be falling on deaf ears but native New Yorkers will get it.

30. Cocos Closet says:

Absolutely Lovely!!

31. Sandra Nori says:

Does anybody knows who is the designer of the blouse she is wearing? It looks like it could be Oscar de la Renta? If I can’t have the home I’ll take the blouse!