Gift Guide 2012: Books!

Books are SUCH great gifts (unless you try to give them to my Dad who inevitably has already bought the exact one you have wrapped up).  There are quite a few books I’m keen to get this year, and here are some of my favorites!

Row 1: It’s currently on back-order but I really hope I can snag a copy of the new Miles Redd book- THE decorating book of the season// The much talked about Kate Moss book (she of flawless style) // Grace Coddington’s memoir, I know it’s on every gift guide this year but I really want to read this one! Plus she posted on Facebook once that she liked my blog, which almost gave me a stroke.

Row 2: For the girl obsessed with clothes- Style Book// For the blog reading chef-What Katie Ate// For the girl obsessed with Paris (ME!)

Row 3: For the fella in your life- The Art of Fixing Things- hey, it’ll help get things done around the house// For the bride to be-Vogue Weddings, Brides, Dresses, Designers // For the kids, the new Dave Egger’s version of Where the Wild Things Are with the coolest cover ever!

Row 4: I read this recently and it haunted me for days, it’s so good (but sad)- A Light Between Oceans// Would love this Claiborne Swanson book for my (new) coffee table- American Beauty// This is next up on Andrew’s reading list- Thomas Jefferson- The Art of Power.

Row 5:  For little designers to be-Draw Me A House/  For Audrey addicts, Audrey Hepburn Photographs/ For the stylish Francophile- Parisian Chic (* I want this one too)

9 Responses to “Gift Guide 2012: Books!”

1. Tara says:

Thanks for your book gift guide! I’ve been struggling with which design book to get my sister, and your post sealed the deal – the big book of chic it is (she’ll just have to wait for it to arrive)!

Tara

2. Caroline says:

These books are all so beautiful! Great picks!

3. great picks erin! i have to say the paris book is absolutely amazing. i just spent two and a half weeks in paris {sigh…i miss it so much} and actually brought the book with me. it organizes the city by arrondisement, so basically every day i just picked a different neighborhood to explore with the book. i had been to paris before, but i found SO many hidden passageways, GORGEOUS covered galleries, tiny courtyards, and absolutely amazing shops that i had never seen before {many of which you would simply pass by without a second glance if you weren’t looking for them}. plus the styling and photography are lovely. j’adore paris!!

4. Hi Erin,

Great recommendations – my eyes were immediately drawn to Audrey in that pink dress. Love her.. and any books about her!

Thanks for the post!

Trisha Xx

5. Frankie says:

Hi Erin,

Who is the author of the Paris book on Row 2? I would to get it for a friend for Christmas!

Thank you!

6. Ella says:

There’s no link the the Paris book! I can’t read the author’s name in the pic, and if you search “Paris” on Amazon you get a list of 6,733 books.

7. Erin Gates says:

Sorry I forgot the Paris link- it’s up there now or here: http://rstyle.me/n/eneunxe6

8. ally23 says:

Thanks for the guide, always great to get good book suggestions. Just ordered The Light between Oceans. :)

9. [...] shopping? Here are some great gift guides: Fur babies, your sis, gifts that give back (win/win), the book lover, and the beauty junkie. My final gift guide is coming on [...]