Fashion Friday: Winter Staples + Margaret Elizabeth Discount!

I have two items in my closet I have been wearing to death this winter- a faux fur vest (the black and the brown one I have too) and my Kate Spade Lollipop heels.  Seems that no matter what else I have on, I can pop on these two things and feel instantly dressier and more stylish. I know I have mentioned these heels like 1,000 times but here’s the thing- they are the most comfortable high, high heels I’ve ever worn. I spent a whole day on my feet in them traipsing around NYC the other day, I swear!

I absolutely HATE taking selfies, but here you go. One outfit I wore recently sporting the staples for drinks out with my pal Matt. Please ignore the suitcase on the bed. And yes, I wore camo to a fancy pants restaurant, something I never thought I’d do. But paired with a simple fitted turtleneck and those shoes it worked somehow.

Pants: Zara (they run SO SMALL in the legs- similar pair with more stretch, because these are so tight my feet go numb), Turtleneck: J. Crew, iPhone case: J. Crew, Watch: Michael Kors

I was 100% inspired by the boys from Duck Dynasty, my new addiction. For reals. I would like to hang out with these guys (but not shoot anything).

Just the other night I paired the same staples with my major investment leather leggings, a flannel shirt and piles of gold necklaces. And did not think to make the bed nor clean the room before I took this, clearly. Oliver looks MIGHTY concerned y’all with think I’m a slob. Well… I am. My Mom is no doubt slapping her forehead and saying “Oh Erin…”

Pants: Helmut Lang (really stupid pricey but worth EVERY PENNY- remember from HERE?), Shirt: Jcrew (sold out- similar here),  Watch: Michael Kors, Bracelet: Hermes, Necklaces: J.Crew (sold out- similar here and here) Ann Taylor (old, similar here)

Clearly also inspired by another woodsy fella named Paul Bunyan. What is with me these days? Do I have some deep seeded desire to frolick in the woods?

The only thing this picture says to me is that I have GOT to find time to wax my eyebrows. But also that I love my new Margaret Elizabeth earrings a whole lot.

And her insanely yummy stacking bangles!!!!

Or this SICK pendant. It’s the most amazeballs thing.

Here is a cute Christmas morning (or any winter morning) look that can take you from the sofa to a quick grocery store errand (with a change of shoes of course). Adding a bit of jewelry makes it all the more fun.

1.cardigan 2. denim shirt 3. tank 4. necklace 5. sweatpants 6. scarf 7. glasses 8. slippers

**JUST FOR EOS READERS- get 15% OFF YOUR MARGARET ELIZABETH PURCHASE WITH THE CODE JollyElements**

29 Responses to “Fashion Friday: Winter Staples + Margaret Elizabeth Discount!”

1. Erika says:

LOVE every look! Time to go shopping! And, I have major jewelry envy as well. :)

2. Jennifer says:

I think the Robertson’s would approve of your stylish camo! Check out the camo camp shirt from Ann Mashburn..a recent purchase, love it

3. Alissa says:

You look smokin’–love both outfits! I am a big fan of adding casual pieces to more dressed up/evening looks…it feels much cooler :)

4. I love these outfits. I love a grungy look that is dressed up with heels and fun accessories. Perfection

Is there an expiration for the discount code?

5. Emily says:

Absolutely love the earrings! I’m having trouble getting the discount code to work. Anyone else or just me?

6. Tara says:

Okay you look stunning in both outfits!! You make camo so chic. I have been eyeing those gold toed heels ever since you first revealed your love for them…. I might have to give in soon and get me some. And those bangles are gorgeous – thanks for the discount code!!! Time to go shopping.

7. Erin Gates says:

Code is working now!!!! Sorry for the delay!

8. Nicole N says:

omgggg amazing post. Perfect for a Friday morning when I needed inspiration! You lookin rockin in every.single.pic.

9. Caroline says:

Girl, you’re looking GORGEOUS. So stylish and pretty! :)

10. I have the same vest and love it!! I feel like I am cocooned in my favorite furry blankie – each time I wear it. Thank you for the great post!

11. Tricia says:

I love fashion Fridays!! On Friday morning, I’m always like “YES Erin will be posting about fashion today!” Not that I don’t love your posts every other day too :-) So glad you posted some fashion selfies! You look adorable!

12. Lindsey says:

Love the leather leggings!! You have the bod to pull them off, for sure. And thanks for putting together a totally affordable outfit post. I just realized how expensive this Christmas season turned out to be, so it’s refreshing to see some things my surprisingly tiny bank account can afford!

13. CaroG says:

I have the same black fur vest from Banana Republic and it is my FAVORITE purchase this season. I wore it every night while in NYC last week. It goes with everything day and night and feels like heaven! Also have the Kate Spade shoes in the flat version. I WISH I could wear the heels, but I am 6′ in the flats! They are awesome, too, though, and also glam anything day and night.
    Great post Erin!

14. Emily says:

LOVE this post! I love the ways you styled both outfits! And your hair looks so great like that, I love it all!

15. Carrie says:

gah, you are so stylish! Do you still do personal styling?

16. Those Kate Spade lollipop heels really continue to grow on me. Super cute!

17. Erin says:

I love those military skinnies! And the jeweled bangle is gorgeous.

-Erin-
    OneTwoSummer

18. Hannah says:

I’m nuts for your ‘lumberjack’ outfit. Gorgeous. x

19. Maureen Sullivan Stemberg says:

A wonderful post… Although, in lieu of what happen
    today in Newtown, CT … One can’t help to feel for the
    whole state CT. Thank you, for all your beautiful post.
    -Maureen

20. Ok, now I have to go buy a fur vest. Love it with the flannel shirt and gold necklaces!! Great post :)

21. Heather says:

I really enjoy your more personal posts like this one. Have been feeling a little turned off by a lot of my former favorite blogs feeling like paid advertisements lately… I know blogs are money makers for a lot of girls but you seem to do it without making it feel that way. Keep up the great work!

22. Erin Gates says:

Thank you Heather, that means a lot. I try very hard to maintain a balance of getting some income from this and keeping it honest and true. So thanks. :)

23. You look fab as usual! Love the camo pants paired with the vest and shoes! You totally pulled it off! Beth

24. Dawna Jones says:

Thats it I’m totally commited to buying that vest now,now that I have seen it on you!

25. Brittany says:

I know you’ve said this before and I wholeheartedly agree, you would make a good Southern girl. Duck Dynasty is a fav down here. Entertaining, wholesome television.

26. Brandi Boles says:

Hey!!! I love your blog, I enjoy reading it every morning! Love all the outfits :) I wante dto ask you if you could tell me where you got the rug in the bedroom with the white post bed? I love it, and Im looking for one like it for my room. Thanks

27. [...] world on Gates’ blog.  I’m a new subscriber and looking forward to keeping up with Elements of Style. You Might Also Enjoy:The Brady Bunch DVD SetLunchtime Conversation with 4 year oldsDinner [...]

28. Emily says:

I had to get those Kate Spade shoes after seeing your posts. Just wore them for first time to a party this past weekend….Lots of compliments. They’re fabulous. Thanks for the inspiring pics!

29. nj12345 says:

I love your fashion friday looks- please post more looks of yourself- you have the best taste :)