A Holiday Bar

A very, VERY important part of holiday fun is booze. And I am psyched to have a nice little bar set up in my living room for such merriment.  Starting with a sleek lucite Iomoi tray monogrammed with our initials I have arranged some bottle atop our vintage buffet/ console in the far end of the living room. It’s a happy little corner of the house.

Check out my Altuzzara for Target shaker I am obsessed with (also a great gift- and I also bought the huge amazing tray too!) as well as my Target frame, some Iomoi for Matouk linen cocktail napkins (so proper) and vintage barware from my assistant!

I happen to be totally obsessed with rosemary (as a scent and spice in food)- so I wanted to find some cocktails that used rosemary in them to serve this season….

Which lead me to crafting some homemade rosemary simple syrup as gifts this year for people I’ve worked with!  I used amber glass bottles and green bakers twine to accent them along with some kraft paper labels (and hand cramps from writing).

But now onto the drinks! Here are two that use rosemary simple syrup ( 1 cup sugar, 1 cup water and a few sprigs of rosemary- boil and stir until sugar dissolved then let cool). Easy, right?

Sunday Punch (shown):

1.5 oz vodka

2 oz grapefruit juice

1 oz rosemary simple syrup.

* shake with ice and either serve on the rocks or strain into a martini glass and serve with a fresh sprig of rosemary.

Another recipe I found on Cup of Jo and it sounds right up my alley as I love gin and Joanna says it’s the best party cocktail ever. I shall be making these on Christmas!

Rosemary Gin Fizz:

1 cup rosemary simple syrup
1 cup gin
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1 bottle of Prosecco (or 2, if you want the cocktail to be lighter)

Combine in a punch bowl or carafe and garnish with sprigs of rosemary.

20 Responses to “A Holiday Bar”

1. Mom says:

Love that Dad is such a significant part of your bar scene!

2. Erin Gates says:

it’s appropriate no? :)

3. Girl. Love everything you do. Fabulous bar. Fabulous you. And let’s be honest, alcohol is what gets you through the holidays.

4. Chris says:

The color of the tulips are fantastic, perfect for this time of year, (and they coordinate with the Chambord)!

5. Halley says:

Can’t wait to try the rosemary gin fizz!

6. i am completely impressed by your handmade bottles of rosemary simple syrup. how very martha of you!

7. Claire says:

Omg! What is this mohr McPherson ad streaming down the center of your posts! Please get rid of it, otherwise I can’t/won’t click over & I want to click over to read ur site for you to get more reader hits. But please this is the worst pop up ad. Thank you Erin, I enjoy your blog so much-Claire

8. Erin Gates says:

Claire- there must be something off with your internet connection as all ads are showing int he left sidebar for me. Try refreshing!

9. Eileen says:

I love your happy little corner of the house and the fun drink ideas! Great post. I am totally buying that target frame! Oh, and your assistant has amazing taste too – love those glasses.

10. Janice Carpenter says:

I love this idea! I have a friend who loves cosmos and other flavored martinis and I think she would love this gift…where can I get those pretty bottles? Thanks!

11. Caroline says:

That tray is BEAUTIFUL! And the pink drinks you’re showing certainly looks tasty!

12. CC says:

My sister-in-law is preggers. Anybody have tasty mocktail recipe?

13. Tara says:

Love the simple syrup gift idea, and they’re even cuter in the dark bottles with gift tags!! I’ll definitely be copying :)

14. maureen says:

wait… is that a shaker? gold, etched {cross-hatched} glass? love! and yes, rosemary is amazing no?

15. Julia says:

your recipe for Sunday Punch is just like the “Rosemary’s Baby” from Taigan! It’s been a staple in our house for a little while now!

16. Mandy says:

I love your lucite tray! It certainly makes the perfect home bar. I’ve been dying for a bar cart, but am lacking space in my home, so this may be the perfect alternative!

xoxo
    Mandy

17. Gah! I swooned and swooned over those Altazurra glasses and shaker but resisted temptation. And that tray…..girl, you picked the right stuff!

18. Allie says:

sped to target yesterday… your glasses are so cute as well though! where did you score those?

19. Kimberly says:

Where oh where did you find the bottles? They are amazingly cute.