Fashion Friday: Fancypants!

A trend I’ve been seeing and loving this season (and especially for the upcoming holiday) is printed cropped formal trousers in metallics, colors, plaids and florals.  I love the look when paired with something slightly more casual like a knit sweater or button down white shirt.  It took me a white to try them on (J.Crew has a ton of options) and once I did I thought they were so fun!

I wore J.Crew’s emerald green fancypants on stage at O You! and lots of ladies asked me where they were from- a good sign you’re wearing something great! :)

Some to consider in all price points!

1./ 2./ 3./ 4./ 5./ 6./ 7./ 8./ 9.

21 Responses to “Fashion Friday: Fancypants!”

1. VMoore says:

Look at you Erin, getting your Oprah on! I haven’t been brave enough to try the printed pants yet but they look fabulous and fun.

BTW, who is the stunning African American woman in the picture with you?

2. Franki Parde says:

That first photo (left!) PERFECT and “away we go!” franki

3. Georgine says:

Just dug through my holiday JCrew catalog and I love the styling of their cropped silk holiday pant, especially the ruby silk pintuck pants (gasp!!). But I am stuck on how I would wear them when it is mid-thirties out at night- my poor ankles :( Is that a concern or can you brave it from the car to the party/restaurant in the name of fashion?

4. Lorrie says:

Piperlime just sent me an email titled Fancy Pants must have Holiday denim. I like the Hannah Slim Crop Jeans by Siwy (maybe cause I’m re-doing my DR navy and gold :)

5. Iman says:

Love this look! And umm…hello! Your necklace!?! Share please :)

6. Maureen says:

Erin, love your look on Oprah! Perfect! I am coveting #4 pants but cannot get the link to work. I know you are super busy but help….?
    Thank you!

7. Ivy Room says:

I think every gal needs a pair of fancy pants. Loving #9 for the holidays!

8. Chelsea says:

I love this trend but.. do you have to be tall and skinny to pull this off?

xoxo
    Chels

9. Colorful pants are so fun. I think my favorite this season were the ones in the Prada collection!

10. I have a brocade/metallic pair from topshop with zippers at the ankles that I LOVE. Such a fun trend.

11. Emily says:

I’m still breaking in to the colorful printed pants wearing, but your outfit looks fabulous and so well put together. Ever considered being a fashion designer as well as interior?! ;) JK!

12. Alexa says:

love all the printed trousers! super nice.

13. Steph says:

I love them too, but, really how often can you wear these until you become “that girl who wears the fancy pants?”

14. [...] Fashion Friday: Fancypants! « Elements of Style Blog On November 16, 2012 From Google Blogs Beauty Searches [...]

15. Erin says:

The pair you wore on stage looks great and I love all your other picks. No. 5 might be my favorite, but the No.8 ones are pretty awesome with their tartan plaid!

-Erin-
    OneTwoSummer

16. So fun! Your outfit is fabulous in that photo, too! :-)

17. Elizabeth says:

Cannot get enough of all of these cute pants! So festive and a great way to change up holiday outfits! Great post :)
    (Boutique.Blog.Bliss.)

18. Caroline says:

Love these – I’ve had my eye on the ones you have! :) This is such a fun trend – definitely adds a bit of sass in workwear, which is so needed during the holiday season!

19. Excellent blog! Valuable information you offer in your articles. Its need to aware this topic. Great!

20. [...] via  var addthis_product = 'wpp-250'; var addthis_append_data = 'false'; Filed Under: Design [...]