Southern Spectacular

I am CRAZY CRAZY CRAZY about this house.  I love me some southern hospitality in the form of an amazing renovated cottage that used to be an old horse car station on Isle of Hope in Georgia.  The architecture and interiors are SO perfect for a vacation home- relaxed, slightly rustic but with hints of modernism.  Interior designer Carter Kay did an amazing job, take a peek:

Holy beams and door, Batman.

LOVE the wall mural mixed with more rustic beams and modern light fixture.

Clearly I like exposed beams. And so do these people.

Such modern fixture yet it totally works mixed with more traditional pieces.

Awesome bed.

MORE awesome beds.

Fantastic mirrors and vanity.

Great lighting placement.

An outbuilding that serves as a bar. How fun would it be to entertain in here.

DIE over this outdoor sink.

Lovely.

The patio. The outbuilding. The fence. The fire pit. Can you stand it?

Hell, I’d live in the garage.

Via Savannah Magazine

17 Responses to “Southern Spectacular”

1. Beautiful! Are you familiar with the community and inn at Palmetto Bluff in South Carolina? If not, you must look into planning a trip there someday. You would love the homes and cottages at Palmetto Bluff. We’ve been twice within the last year – it is one of the most spectacular places we’ve ever visited!

2. Emily says:

Come to Charleston – you would love it!! We have, of course, just been ranked the #1 city in the world by Conde Nast ;)

3. Emily says:

I’m an idiot.. totally forgot that you’ve been already my dear!

4. Stunning home, so much inspiration!

5. Katharine says:

This is the home of my friend’s parents and it is that much more amazing in person! I would love to go back!

6. Kristen K. says:

Oh my…this looks exactly how I would imagine my dream home to be! I will be heading to Savannah soon – with the Isle of Hope (don’t you just love that name?!) just a hop, skip, and a jump away, I may have to swing buy to ogle the beautiful homes!

7. HannahJ says:

woowzer- is all I have to say

8. Maca says:

That house is amazing! I wish I could find that in Minnesota and for a good price :)

9. Kathleen says:

Carter is a genius. Amazing.

10. Heather says:

wow love this house too and love the natural colors inside!

11. Victoria says:

Too funny, just posted about this house last week! I live about three blocks away, we trick-or-treat on Bluff Drive every year and have loved watching their reno. Hoping to get in soon and sneak a peak, my backyard neighbor was project manager on the job. Amazing finished product!!

12. As someone who just moved from the south back to Boston, this post made me miss it like crazy! I will never tire of southern style and an abundance of Spanish moss. There’s just nothing like it. Ditto the other commenters – Palmetto Bluff and Charleton in general are two of the most beautiful places I’ve ever seen in the world. I’m always shocked at how few northeners have gone to either. It’s a must visit place, up there with the national parks in my book.

13. love it! the dining room is perfection and i completely agree with you about the old blue door. also, i adore the gigantic spanish moss tree out front…how magical would that look with strands of tiny white lights hanging down through the moss at night?

14. Donna Seger says:

It is amazing–and what a great example of adaptive reuse! Thanks for sharing.

15. Kett says:

Love it. It feels so airy and open. What a great way to keep the bones of the old home but make it modern.

16. [...] we can use it ourselves.  And then, I want to add on via various small buildings, much the way the home in this post looks to have [...]

17. how2home says:

Beautiful home! The ceiling in this house is amazing!