California Love

Greetings from Los Angeles my dears.  Early this morning I’ll be headed to IKEA to film a little something for the OWN Network (cue NERVES!) and then I’ll have a few days off before my other events for the IKEA Life Improvement Project and appearance at the O You! Conference on Saturday.  So I plan to take that time to do a little work in the sun and explore some of LA’s design superstar stores.  For now I’ll leave you with this adorable California vacation home in Sonoma- a one bedroom wonder in wine country! I love the simple lines, vaulted ceilings and the fact that they have a pool AND chickens. California at it’s best (via Sunset Magazine).

17 Responses to “California Love”

1. Maura says:

Go kill it Erin!!! Can’t wait to see your pics!

2. Johanna says:

Oh my gosh, love the vacation home! Any way to get details on the tufted leather chair in the photos? I love everything about it – the tufting, color, style. I’m in the market for one and I am loving that one and would like to purchase one similiar. Thanks – have a great time!

3. Lindsay says:

*sigh* California IS the best…makes me want to move.

4. LOVE IT! The house is so cozy and i love that they have a MATCHIN chicken coop. I want to have some back yard chickens one of these days. Have a blast out in Cali

5. Christie says:

LOVE the bright yellow door!

6. So, so pretty. I just love that kitchen! Enjoy your time there, and good luck! You will do great!

7. Really wonderful house, those vaulted ceilings are fantastic. Good luck!! Stop by whenever you can :)

-Kristin

8. Tiffany says:

Erin – love this house – any chance that you could publish the original Sunset link as well?

9. Caroline says:

Good luck!! You’ll kill it, girl! :) This house is just so wonderful… it speak to my heart.

10. Cecilia says:

What a GORGEOUS space!! Thank you so very much for sharing this!

11. Barrie petersen says:

Hi,
    I’m a big fan from Long Beach Ca, we are south of LA by 20 minutes or so.

If you are in town Sunday, one of the BEST flea markets is happening at Vets Stadium all day
    Just thought you might enjoy a little local treasure
    Thanks for all your inspiration

Barrie Petersen

12. lovely! II grew up in Sonoma and love the houses like this!

13. I’ve recently seen this exterior image on Pinterest, so it’s so much fun to see what’s behind that bright yellow door. It definitely did not disappoint. Such a great space!!

14. how2home says:

Such a pretty house! Good luck with your IKEA x OWN network project Erin! All the best :)

15. [...] From assistant art director Laura LaRue: “I’ve recently seen this exterior image on Pinterest, so it’s so much fun to see what’s behind that bright yellow door. It definitely did not disappoint. Such a great space!!” {“California Love” from Elements of Style Blog} [...]

16. [...] California Love « Elements of Style Blog On October 16, 2012 From Google Blogs Beauty Searches [...]