Design Crush: LDa Architects

The other night I was at a design related event in the city and ran into an old friend from college- turns out he works for a fantastic architectural firm, LDa Architecture + Interiors here that I had heard of, but hadn’t really researched. Man, am I glad I did. Their work is fantastic-  greatly diverse, from modern to traditional and really, really beautiful. The design community here is small and actually very friendly, in my opinion, and I love supporting and showing off the work of other talented Boston-based firms!

This is a new construction house that makes me think I may go with yellow for my front door!

This house made me yelp with glee. That reclaimed wood ceiling- are you kidding me? This space is BRILLIANT.

This is the exact color I want my floors. Why I didn’t refinish them BEFORE moving in, don’t ask.

Stairs. Window seat. So perfect.

I really want to be friends with these people so I can have a glass of wine RIGHT HERE.

And another totally different look- check out those studded front doors!!!

Drama. Pure drama.

That bathtub is the thing dreams are made of. And MORE studded doors!

Love the Otomi headboard and that sink. Dang.

Which house is your favorite? See more of their work HERE.

25 Responses to “Design Crush: LDa Architects”

1. Lisa says:

OMG! Studded doors???? GENIUS! These houses are FANTASTIC!

2. Laurel-Dawn says:

This abode is just breathtaking– The last photo made me chuckle… I painted an otomi headboard last year and I’m still crazy about the pattern!

Here is my post– it was so much work!

3. This might be my favorite vendor find of yours ever – I am obsessed with their style, perfectly suits my taste and pretty sure my husband wouldn’t oppose. I love that reclaimed wood ceiling and studded door. I need both in my future home city or suburbia!

4. Franki Parde says:

I think “they have” captured your “inner design spirit!” Truly wonderful and THAT FRONT DOOR!! franki

5. Georgine says:

Holy mother of all things gorgeous- what a gold mine!!! Amazing post Erin (high five!) Dear $$$$$ please send reinforcements sometime soon ;)

6. Jennifer says:

I don’t even know where to begin. Every picture is just beautiful! I just renovated and was feeling pretty good about it. Now, I want to tear it down again and start all over.

7. Janice Carpenter says:

I especially love the house with the beamed ceiling, so beautiful!!! Oh and I have those floors, super dark, and they are gorgeous but, you will have to invest in a good vacuum, mop, broom. duster, haha….no really. Can’t wait to see the next update on your house, so fun to read about!

8. Hi Erin!
    Great to catch up last week, and thanks so much for the plug! Glad you like our work!

-Kyle

9. Stacey Orecchio says:

I love the DRAMA of the black kitchen – wish i had the bizallls to do that. Instead we recently went with white cabinets with gray quartz stone – now i just need to jazz it up with a great backsplash.

10. Shawna says:

Too hard to choose, totally obsessed with both! But twist my arm, I’m in a bit of dramatic mood today, so I’d have to go with House #2. Thanks for posting such great eye candy this morning.

11. Monika says:

I absolutely LOVE this patio!! And those black&white stairs!! And this living room!! Beautiful!!

12. Mo says:

Wow. I’m coming with you for that glass of wine…
    I LOVE the ebony/black(?) floor!!!

13. Lorrie says:

All of it! Now that is my kind of design. No gimmicky design ideas, no what were they thinking. Simply gorgeous.

Thanks for sharing.

14. Erin says:

Yikes tough call! I like the first one, mainly because the bright, airy, modern aesthetic is more my taste! Absolutely love the grey & white kitchen and all the wood ceiling beams. But the window seats and the bathtub in the second one make it a very close runner up! Swoon!

-Erin-

15. Sue says:

What? This is new construction?? I feel like all the new construction I see makes me gag! WOW!

Now I’m off to go pin EVERY image! They’re all so stunning. Thanks for sharing Erin. This post is another reason why you are my favorite blogger!

Sue
    sueathome.com

16. Lindsay says:

The studded doors!!! Awesome.

17. Angie says:

I love the first house. The schoolhouse esthetics of the exterior match what’s on the inside.

18. Caroline says:

oh my gosh, literally gasped at some of these! so gorgeous!

19. Good for you for supporting other designers. That is as it should be and what a worthy one to support.

20. Dawna Jones says:

I have been an admirer of their work for sometime now,I spotted them on Houzz awhile back. They are incredibly talented.

21. Lyndsey says:

Any chance of sourcing that porcupine mirror in the entryway behind the yellow door? Speaking of drama…

22. I can’t decide which one I like more. The first one looks perfect for a cozy fall morning with a cup of coffee and the second a glass of bubbly!

23. anita says:

I love all those window seats they have! I actually have an area in my apartment that should be a window seat. However, I don’t know where to find a good cushion for it. Anyone know where I could shop for a good long cushion for a window seat?

24. Wow. Blown away! I’ll definitely have to look more into LDa.

25. ADI says:

Very awesome design and architecture! Totally fantastic!