Scenes from a Wedding

My youngest brother got married this past weekend at my parent’s gorgeous home in Connecticut.  While the weather played with our emotions (and hair-dos) the event went off absolutely beautifully thanks to the exhaustive work by my mom and dad. Here are some snaps I took of the weekend.

The red barn/garage served as the rehearsal dinner location… and it was charming beyond words.

Mom and I worked hard last week to make it look less “garage” and more “country barn” with lanterns and oilcloth.

My mom collected vintage books that reminded her of the couple as well as vintage vases for a few bright Gerbers. Having run out of one ind of oilcoth, I decided to alternate them adding little runners of the opposite print on each to make it look purposeful!

I think we did pretty damn good.

And finally the skies cleared!

I got to practice my penmanship writing the table assisgnments on a blackboard with pint pen (chalk would not work with the threat of rain). My sister-in-law and I had to polish up our math skills to make the grid (and if you know me, that is HILARIOUS as in my brain 2+2= JELLO).

My mom has Mircale Gro in her veins. Obviously.

The front of the house (Dad’s handiwork!)

The groomsmen.

The bridesmaids (J. Crew).

The ceremony spot in the back garden.

Where we all processed.

View through to the tent.

Adorable tabletops featuring burlap, vintage mismatched pinka nd blue cloth napkins found on Etsy and wonderful potted herbs, topiaries, florals and berries.  The florist was the wonderful, amazing Sandy at Flowering Vine in Sturbridge, MA who also did my wedding almost seven years ago. SHE IS A GENIUS.

The lucky (and cute) bride and groom!

After the storm, perfect skies.

It was a great, great event.

Me and my groom. Still tired from raucous dancing (and insisting-after 4 glasses of wine- that Andrew and I do the Dirty Dancing lift. We failed. TWICE.)

Congrats Connor + Lizzie!

43 Responses to “Scenes from a Wedding”

1. beautiful house, wedding & decor – congrats to the newlyweds!

2. the wedding looks absolutely beautiful. I love the centerpieces.
    You look fantastic in the last photo.

3. Love, love, love!! So simple and beautiful. And those chairs!! To die for.

4. Susan B. says:

Amazing! What a setting. I got goosebumps just looking at those gorgeous photos. Congrats to the happy couple!

5. ryann says:

Gorgeous! Great job on the oilcloth and set up!

6. I see you hail from style royalty! Your parents home is so gorgeous. I see all the labor of love in that yard, and having Bethany married in our back yard, I know the time involved to get it all perfect! The outfits are perfect- and you and your brother are so stinkin cute…have a great week.
    xo Nancy
    Powellbrowerhome.com

7. backyard weddings are the absolute best. sweet sweet all around. adore the jcrew dress and vintage touches. ct = best.

8. Michele says:

I simply can’t get enough of this entry- you look stunning- the bride is gorgeous, the house- holy cow.

9. Devon Haire says:

What a spectacular property and home! Looked liked the picture perfect wedding day!

10. Jaime says:

what a beautiful, intimate wedding! your parents’ house is beyond gorg!

11. Megan says:

What an amazing wedding! Looks like something out of a magazine :)

12. Donna says:

a simply lovely affair and setting. Thanks for letting us all be voyeurs and congratulations to your brother and his bride!

13. J-Dub says:

This is your best blog post ever

14. Beautiful house and garden! What a lucky couple to get married in such a gorgeous spot :)

15. Mom says:

Beautiful photos and if I do say so myself—-a beautiful wedding!! Fun, too!

16. Anna says:

Gorgeous picture of you and your man!

17. Erin-
    This was such beautiful wedding. Beautiful couple.
    Happy Monday.
    Teresa
    xoxo

18. Elizabeth says:

Wow, what a beautiful venue! Happy Monday!

Cheers, Elizabeth @ The Corner Apartment

19. Raiana S says:

WOW! You look STUNNING in the last photo, and the bridesmaids dresses are so amazing. i love love love printed bridesmaids dresses.

Raiana
    lifeSTYLE

20. Erin,

Thanks so much for sharing the photos of your brother’s wedding. The decor looked so welcoming and joyful!

Liz

21. Caroline says:

BEAUTIFUL wedding! Loved the decor – wonderful job! Congratulations to your brother and his bride! Thanks for sharing :)

22. Erin says:

What a gorgeous, perfect, heavenly wedding! And a lovely, loving family! Well done.

23. Jackie says:

What a gorgeous wedding! It reminds me so much of the lovely backyard wedding in Father of the Bride.

24. Linda in AZ * says:

*** What a BEAUTIFUL way to start a BEAUTIFUL NEW LIFE TOGETHER~~~ sending the VERY BEST of HAPPY WISHES to the handsome groom and his lovely bride!!!

God bless,
    Linda in AZ *
    bellesmom1234@comcast.net

25. What a gorgeous wedding!! I’m so bummed that I was booked and didn’t have the opportunity to do the photos – looks like it would have been such a pleasure! Congrats to your brother and his wife!

26. deb says:

fabulously perfect,… right out of “father of the bride”!

27. What a beautiful setting….and that barn….oh my!

28. SO gorgeous. and nice job on that chalkboard!

29. Lisa says:

Erin, Those over-sized pearls look stunning on you! Such a classic necklace, but with a modern twist.

30. I’m in love with the back of your parents’ house!! And the gardens. It’s all so darling.
    I also have that J Crew dress and plan on wearing it to a wedding on Labor Day.

31. Cecile says:

So beautiful! I saw your pictures on Instagram this weekend and they made me so happy. Every details is perfection. The photos make me want to get married all over again and I also feel the need to run outside and start gardening like crazy. Thanks so much for sharing Erin! Congrats to your brother and his wife!

32. Lorrie says:

Just beautiful. Congratulations.

33. Alexandra says:

gorgeous…what part of CT is it Greenwhich?

34. Erin says:

Perfection!! What an absolutely lovely family affair and amazing job putting it together!! I wish the newlywed lots of love & happiness! Although I was secretly always hoping to marry one of your handsome brothers.. oh well :)

35. Marie Ricci says:

What a beautiful wedding and home!!! I LOVE CT and moved to Essex, CT four years ago from FL. Congratulations to the happy couple.

36. Hello there, simply become aware of your blog via Google, and located that it’s really informative. I’m gonna watch out for brussels. I’ll appreciate should you continue this in future. A lot of other folks might be benefited from your writing. Cheers!

37. Lisa V. says:

So gorgeous! I want to pin every picture of your parents’ home. Such a beautiful wedding

38. What a charming event! Love all the little details. Lucky bride & groom!

39. maison21 says:

wow- pretty wedding. and how hot are you two in teh last photo!

40. Nicole says:

SO beautiful!

41. Adriane says:

What a beautiful wedding!! Do you know where the groomsmen ties came from? I’m getting married at the end of September and looking for something similar. Thanks!

42. GM says:

Very nice styling, but the guests at table ten caught my eye. Pat & Jim Calhoun as in the UConn coach? Cool!

43. Nicole says:

The quintessential CT wedding! Just beautiful& great weather! Looks like the Avon area?