L’Wren Scott’s Parisian Home

L’Wren Scott kicks ass. Not only does she have an incredible fashion line in which she has perfected the long, lean sheath dress but she also is Mick Jagger’s girlfriend.  I may not totally swoon over that last part, but I know many of you might. :)  Top it off with her amazing Parisian apartment just featured in Vogue

The dresser, the floors, the WALLS…come on!

The architecture of this room is quite amazing, but I would have picked a different table and chairs, these fall flat for me.

More like a  huge Saarinen oval Tulip paired with vintage French chairs (upholstered in pink)…just sayin’.

DYING over this pink hallway with round mirrors and herringbone floors….

I cannot IMAGINE the amount of Windex needed to keep this all mirrored bathroom clean. Cannot even fathom it.

Again, love most but would have done yellow drapes not burgundy…

My dresser does not look like this.

“Oh, that’s just a silly picture of my boyfriend Mick.”

That mirror frame makes up for the doll heads.

20 Responses to “L’Wren Scott’s Parisian Home”

1. cara says:

I dream of molding like that for our home!

2. Katherine says:

Hey Erin! I love this post…It’s always fun to see design that you love, but hearing what you would change in these pics is really interesting. You should do a new feature where you show design that’s *almost* perfect and comment on how you would fix it. Love it.

3. Albertina says:

I agree 100% with the dining room…..and loved your comments…funny!

4. Lauren says:

“Just a silly picture” and “makes up for the dollheads”?! Thank you! So great to start my morning off laughing out loud! Thanks girl, loved the post!

5. Brooke says:

Totally agree with the validity of her being Mick Jagger’s girlfriend. Doesn’t gel with me personally, but come on, there was a time in space when he could have convinced Mother Theresa to shag. And he picked L’Wren. It’s hard not to be impressed with her coolness.

(and that pink hallway, Jesus).

6. I was actually thinking the opposite for the dining room-18th Century double pedestal table with Ghost chairs. But yes, I agree that the furniture doesn’t do a whole lot for the beautiful architecture in the dining room.

7. Lorrie says:

The only thing I like is the molding which was probably original to the home. The bathroom is hideous (all those mirrors and Micks wrinkles, just saying). The burgundy drapes is all you see in the room. I like your changes though.

8. Kathleen says:

The Suzani bed spread is gorgeous. I’ve been browsing for them on onekingslane.com and they cost a small fortune. I’m not as impressed with the Mick thing. He is a little long in the tooth a this stage of the game and his track record with women kind of stinks.

9. Heather says:

You are so right about the dining room–and the yellow drapes!

10. Erin, I can’t believe you don’t have a 55 carat diamond necklace draped on your dresser??! Odd ;) Loved this post and your points about what you’d swap out…I want that room to have yellow drapes!

11. Arielle says:

I LOVE her apartment- I’m particularly drooling over that BEAUTIFUL dresser. She’s got such a good eye!

sillymessychic.blogspot.com

12. Lisa says:

the words “parisian apartment” just makes me swoon, but seriously what is up with the doll heads?
    in dramatic fashion

13. Is it just me or does the dining room look super photoshopped? The table and chair shadows seem off… Anyhoo, I like your Saarinen/french chair combo much better!

14. CaroG says:

Who do you think wanted all of the mirrors, L’Wren or Mick, LOL? I do love her height and the fact that she is his girlfriend!!

15. Those table and chairs are definitely not the right vibe for that amazing room. Loving the suggestions of an oversized tulip table and pink french chairs!

16. Neda says:

Wow, I love her desk/office furniture…but I’m just drooling over the walls– they are perfect.

17. Janet says:

The heck with the furniture…..I just want her legs! Her home is truely amazingly lovely.

18. DYING over the persian rug. And the floors. And the artwork. And the chandeliers. She’s wearing the kind of look that says, “That’s right. It’s s**t hot.”

19. Worthington says:

I love the vanity table… and am 100% with you on the dining room table and chairs… do not fit with the space whatsoever!

20. carly says:

I think that when you live in a Parisian apartment with herringbone floors, you probably never look up – so odd dining tables, creepy dolls heads, smeared mirror tiles and burgandy curtains don’t matter so much….