Obsessed with this Kitchen!

I was perusing the delightful new issue of Canadian House & Home and nearly dropped dead over this kitchen. Such a wonderful combination of colors, textures and modern and traditional elements! Simply giddy over the brass hardware and faucet and those lower cabinets in darkest navy (or perhaps it’s black) are oh-so redonk. I typically am not a fan of patterned tile, but in this case I am obsessed! This one is going on the inspiration wall!

27 Responses to “Obsessed with this Kitchen!”

1. I’m dying over all the brass hardware! Really, really pretty!

2. Boo Hazard says:

Looks beautiful! This is a great example of the next wave of kitchen trends… going away from the all white, carrera marble, subway tile, etc. It’s more warm and inviting to me. I just painted my kitchen cabinets high gloss black and the brass hardware should be going on them tonight – I’ll share pics once its done! – BOO

3. Chic Coles says:

I can see why you love this kitchen! So beautiful.

4. Anna says:

In case you haven’t seen it there is also a video on this kitchen.

5. I feel it already, the pics that launch a thousand kitchens.

6. Lindsey A. says:

The hardware is gorg!

7. K. says:

Ah, thank you so much for showcasing this home! Funnily enough, I was chillin’ in the grocery queue just yesterday (good lord, the elderly lady in front of me bought enough soup to feed an army + 5), and was flipping through H&H and – BAM! there was this kitchen. And I lusted for a solid 5-10 minutes. What a dream boat of a kitchen. The brass hardware and contemporary island are such showstoppers.
    xo.

8. renee says:

farmer’s sink? check. graphic runner? check. vintagey tile? check. pinning this to my dream kitchen pinboard immediately! love love love.

9. That cabinetry is SICK. I love the look of the dark navy (or yeah…is it black?) cabinets mixed with the white marble and the white lacquer. And the brass pulls, obvi. Commence obsessing.

10. HannahJ says:

It is amazing for sure! Love the mix of the black and white cabinetry and the tile- is seriously insane! so classic- yet simple and modern altogether- its like the perfect combo-pinning as I type…

11. Neda says:

All I needed to see was the title of your post and I knew I’d be obsessed with it as well! :) Gorgeous!

12. Amylou says:

Does anyone have any experience with butcher block countertops? I have been wanting to do them and EVERYONE is discouraging me!!

13. Lindsey says:

I just continue to love two-tone kitchens. It adds such dimension and interest to the room and I love how the island in white!

14. Rick Lyrek says:

The lack of upper cabinets is really interesting here… It makes the room a lot more open and actually accentuates the patterned tile. I guess if you don’t need the extra storage, why bother!

15. JMC says:

the credits list Ikea as the source for all the cabinets (Ramsjo brown black & Abstrakt White). Ikea cabinets make such an awesome foundation for a kitchen and clearly how one puts it together is what it counts.

16. Megan says:

Erin- I hear ya! It is definately gorgeous. Usually I am not a fan of brass but I luv

17. Megan says:

Sorry about my previous comment that didn’t finish- weird…… I luv the faucet- gorgeous! If you loved this kitchen you will love the one designed by Tommy Smythe in the Jan. 2012 issue. I actually let out an audible gasp. LUV IT! I think you can google it and find it. It has a large Red Lantern over the island. The floor is Killa!!

18. These are all my favorite design elements – white as a foundation mixed with warmth. The warm metals are perfect! The tile wall is a throwback, which never should have gone out of style-it’s stunning, elegant, fresh. LOVE.

19. Melissa says:

Amazed at how great Ikea cabinets can look with a little help!

20. Allyson says:

I really love this kitchen. I was already planning on replacing my crappy laminate countertops with butcher block. Maybe I can convince the boyfriend to let me paint the cabinets black/navy while I’m at it. Although my kitchen is way too small to get rid of the upper cabinets, and dark up top might be too much of a good thing. Maybe white? Any suggestions?

21. Franki Parde says:

“Canadian House and Home” is my “go to” magazine of choice! It is…so…refreshing and creative. Seems anything “worth watching and emulating” on HGTV anymore is Canadian. Kitchen…exemplary! franki

22. I felt exactly the same when I saw this kitchen in H&H! And if I remember right from the text those are Ikea cabinets! Gorgeous high-low mix!!

23. Elizabeth says:

Gorgeous! I fell in love instantly when I saw it in H&H. I love the color palette, and the brass. I have never been a fan of patterned tile either, but this may start to change my mind.

24. Stacy says:

Hi all. Just want to thank you for all your awesome comments. The hardware was really gorgeous and the cabinets are Ikea and are a black/brown -more black than brown.

25. Stacy says: