I Want To Go To There: Public Chicago

Man, I love me a good hotel.  Good design, well thought out details and friendly staff make me delighted beyond measure. Enter Public Chicago!  I love the look of this space and will certainly hope to stay here sometime soon since my bestie is moving to the Windy City (NOOOOOOOOO!!!!)  I’ve heard great things about the restaurant as well so it’s a win/win! Modern yet clearly respectful of the tradition of the architecture, it’s a moody, glam and interesting space…

And I LOVE this concept of their Public Express meals- 5 pre-packaged, delicious meals that won’t take 45 minutes to get to your room and have some ridiculous “service charge” attached to it! OR grab one to go on your way to the airport!

23 Responses to “I Want To Go To There: Public Chicago”

1. Absolutely divine!! I may have to plan a trip there just to stay in that hotel (that’s an acceptable reason to travel, right?). Gor.Geous!

2. Kristin says:

I want to go there too! It looks incredible!

3. Wow! That place is beautiful! Hopefully you can go and report back to us how the experience is there. I can’t imagine it could be negative in any way.

4. The Public House/Pump Room is one of my favorite spots! I’m actually getting ready with my girls there the day of our upcoming wedding! Definitely check it out… and get one of their signature grapefruit cocktails from the lounge!

5. Kathleen says:

Erin, My bestie lives in Chicago. It is a fabulous city to visit. One of my favorite attractions is the Frank Lloyd Wright home and studio in Oak Park. Every May there’s a house tour of all of the FLW homes. For the rest of the year when you can’t visit, there’s always Skype. ;-)

6. Ali says:

My hubby and I stayed there and ate at the Pump Room in January and It was amazing. Beyond the gorgeous design, the service is unbelievable. I have never experience service that good besides our honeymoon at Palmilla in Cabo. We will for sure be making many trips back.

7. Lorrie says:

Go there? I want to live there. Gorgeous. Time to pay my brother a visit.

8. Rhonda says:

What a great posting! I love the images! I also love Chicago in April/May or September/October (it tends not too be too cold or too hot then)! I want to go there as well!

9. Nancy says:

This is a must-see/try for any visitor to Chicago. Such a gorgeous renovation of an historic hotel in a beautiful neighborhood setting.
    I recently dined at the Pump Room for Sunday brunch and was very much impressed with the menu- simple, great options and the quality was amazing. I can’t wait to go back for a drink at night in the beautiful bar! I bet the gold leaf detailing behind the bar is stunning at night! Oh- and don’t miss the collection of chandeliers in the foyer right as you enter!

10. This place looks fab! I’m planning a trip to Chicago soon!

11. edyta says:

YES! This place is divine indeed! I just went there and actually blogged about it. It’s perfection :)

12. Jen says:

We recently moved from Boston to Chicago in May and absolutely love it!!

13. Mari says:

The designers of the space, YabuPushelberg, just came and spoke at my school, including this project. They are brilliant.

14. Annie says:

Wowww, stunning! That white living room? Be still my heart.

15. Amy says:

This hotel looks amazing. We are thinking of going to Chicago this spring for my best friend’s graduation, but haven’t found a place to stay yet! This one seems incredibly chic, simple, on trend, but quite serene.

16. kero says:

wow, this place looks FABULOUS!! def want to check it out the next time i’m in town!

17. Angela says:

Great tip!! Looks amazing.

18. Lauren says:

haven’t stayed there but grabbed drinks and apps at the pump room and peeked around in the lobby. absolutely stunning! the chandelier when you enter will knock your socks off!

19. laurie says:

i’ve been there. so amazingly comfortable.

20. Kristy says:

We just stayed there for three wonderful nights – an absolute feast for the senses. Immediately upon return, I rushed out and bought sheepskins to toss around (like the fur draped Thonet desk chair in each room) to add a little “Public” posh to my home. Divine!

21. eff yea, I wanna go there, and I wanna go there now….

22. elissa says:

how i lived in chicago for years and never made it to this place is beyond me. so so beautiful!

23. [...] wouldn’t you love to spend a long weekend in this hotel? [...]