There were some pretty clear trends illustrated in the collections shown at New York Fashion Week, so it’s helpful to outline them now so you might be able to purchase some sale items for fall/winter NOW knowing they will be “in” next season!
- Deep red and mustard yellow- a little bit ketchup and mustard together, but independently these are the CLEAR hot colors for fall 2012.
- Black is the new black. (Black will ALWAYS be in for me)
- Metallics are still hip in a BIG way- gold or silver reign, but mostly gold.
- Winter white was everywhere too!
- Pantsuits with pants that fit slim in the thigh and flare out at the ankle. Think a 1970’s rocker silhouette. Long hemlines.
- Peacoats- buy them now, in navy or black.
– LEATHER! EVERYWHERE! in black or the big trend, in COLORS. Deep red/ maroon leather was shown at many shows. But leather skirts, pant (thank GOD) and jackets were BIG.
- Fur. Real or fake, it was everywhere. Just like it was on the streets of Paris.
- Belts. Lots of belts- skinny and wide alike.
Some of my must have (in my dreams) pieces from the collections:
10 Crosby Derek Lam:
Chado Ralph Rucci:
All images via style.com