Paris on the Brain

Remember that Grange Furniture contest I won? Well that prize was a trip to Paris and I leave next week for it! I can;t believe I’m headed back there and get to show my Dad around Paris for his first time ever! I’ve been so busy that I have not had much time to think about it, but beginning yesterday my brain started floating towards all things en francais. French style always inspires me, and the images from L’Hotel Particulier have haunted me for months (chock out the site).  Located in Provence, it’s style is so amazing and simple, traditional yet modern and totally ME!

Images via Cote de Texas & Mr. & Mrs. Smith

But back to the City of Light- I really love the images I found by Etsy photographer Vita Nostra. Fantastic scenes from various parts of Paris.

As I panic about what to pack (it’s going to be cold!) I put together two outfits I wish i could bring with me!

For daytime walking (which I did about 8 hours of daily the last time I was in Paris…)

Paris Day

Paris Day by elementsofstyleblog featuring a cashmere cable knit sweater

Plaid cape

Jennifer Zeuner gold charms pendant
$309 - shopthetrendboutique.com

Dita sunglasses
$375 - aloharag.com

Chanel Rouge Coco Shine
$33 - nordstrom.com

And for dinner out at night….

Paris Nights

Paris Nights by elementsofstyleblog featuring fogal tights

Miss Selfridge block dress

H M cuff jewelry
£6.99 - hm.com

Dior ‘Rock Coat’ Topcoat
$20 - nordstrom.com

APERLAI 2 Coloured Suede Leather Booties
€244 - lindestore.com

22 Responses to “Paris on the Brain”

1. Wooo, love that cape! Gorgeous cut and easy colors to work with. Looks cozy too! Thanks for the Etsy reference — always looking for great photography. Enjoy the trip!!

2. Kara says:

Once Paris gets in your blood, you’re never quite the same again. It’s probably my most favorite place on the planet. Sigh. Enjoy every moment and I look forward to reading about it and seeing your gorgeous pictures!

3. You and your Dad are going to have so much fun! The decor looks fabulous. I featured that cape on my blog not too long ago. I LOVE it. Can’t wait to hear all about your trip!

4. Lindsay says:

WOW your Paris day outfit is perfection. I need that cape!!

5. That’s so exciting, I’m sure it’ll be an amazing trip Erin. And I’m in love with both those outfits. That Celine bag? :: SWOON ::
    ~el

6. What an amazing time you are going to have! Love the images of all – interiors and scenery are breathtaking but gotta be honest… that plaid coat at the end took my attention even more, ha, ha. Love it!!

Enjoy!

7. I am so jealous of your trip, I am sure you are going to have an amazing time. If you can sneak away from your dad for a little bit, try to check out princesse tam-tam (http://www.princessetamtam.com/). They have a number of locations in Paris and they carry adorable lingerie and swimsuits. I always stock up when I am there. Also be sure to check out Maje and Zadig et Voltaire, they have some very beautiful and interesting pieces.

8. SCM says:

Love the “would love to pack” post! It would be fun to see how you translate that into what you actually do pack using items you own.

9. Janice says:

I am soooo excited for you! Take lots of pictures, can’t wait to see your posts when you get back. Definitely bring those riding boots – I brought mine on my trip there in November and wore them the entire time!!! Walked so much I didn’t have to worry about all the cheese and bread I was eating :-)

10. anita says:

Hi Erin,

Congrats! A fashion tip, go to Le Bonn Marche and buy a hair clip from Alexander De Paris – those are the only banana clips a woman should wear. Stopping by Laduree is a must! And if you can go to City Pharma in Saint Germain and pick up a tube of Homeoplasmine – and if you’re feeling generous pick up a tube for me. An ex was supposed to have brought one back for me, but alas lamely said he forgot to give it to me after he had it in his suitcase months later….

Have a blast!!!

11. Alissa says:

I will be in Paris next week as well! I am attending the Maison Objet show for the first time, and my first trip to Paris! Enjoy your trip!

12. jbhat says:

You are going to have such a good time. Pack lightly and chicly. And how cool that you get to go with your dad!

jbhat

13. First: Looooove that cape! Just did a roundup of nice Modcloth pieces on my blog today!
    Second: Thanks for the Etsy photog tip! Those photos are beautiful!

14. Neda says:

Thanks for the introduction to an amazing hotel! Wow. I also LOVE both outfits that you put together…hope you have a blast!

15. You are so lucky!! You’re going to have an amazing time. I love the Vita Nostra photography, makes me want to go there soooo badly! And the outfits you put together are perfection.

16. SHF says:

Going to Paris is definitely near the top of my bucket list. Enjoy every moment in the City of Light – can’t wait to read all about your trip! Have the best time with your dad!

SHF
    thechroniclesofs.blogspot.com

17. Renay says:

I love the new look of your blog! LUCKY, LUCKY, LUCKY!!!! Paris is on my life’s list : ) Enjoy and please post lots of pics so we can live vicariously through you!

TIP: Get the Translate app for your Iphone. It is awesome it translates perfectly- it’s free (Google Translate)

Profiter de votre voyage!!! (Enjoy your trip- I useYd the app)

18. Cat says:

Did you know there is a hotel by the same name in Montmatre IN Paris. Looks extremely chi-chi and exclusive (only 6 suites) – more ornate style but just as beautiful – especially the exterior: http://hotel-particulier-montmartre.com/indexEN.html

19. The last time I was in Paris, I stayed in a room about the size of my laundry room and not as nice. This is some fancy get-away! Have the time of your like. I’m sure you’ll look great, not matter what you wear!

20. Have a blast! amazing spot for low-key but romantic and delicioussss dinner is Casa Olympe. Highest of recommendations from us! http://www.casaolympe.com/

21. Franki Parde says:

“BON VOYAGE!!” franki

22. Gretchen says:

I can’t believe I’m leaving a comment. I read a lot of blogs, including yours, and I’ve never left a comment. But, I just have to tell you that you are just so much fun. It’s posts like these that make me feel like I just had a night in with girlfriends, a few bottles of wine, and a chick flick. And, while that may sound incredibly cheesy (because it is), no girl has ever walked away from a night like that with anything but a huge smile and a warm heart. Reading a post on fashion ideas for a day and a night spent in paris, feels the same. Love your blog. Happy for your success.