The Look for Less: Otomi Fabric

There are some patterns that I shall never tire of: Suzani, ikat and Otomi prints.  However, the price for actual handmade versions of any of these fabrics is typically VERY high. Take Otomi for example, a small throw can set you back almost $300. And if you want to make a headboard or upholster in it you’ll need multiples of them!

What I found on Spoonflower is a print exactly like the Otomi by textile designer Samarra Khaja and it’s way cheaper (you can pick the kind of fabric it’s printed on too!) So great for duvet covers, upholstering chairs and my favorite idea- custom nursery bedding!

The smaller scale…

9 Responses to “The Look for Less: Otomi Fabric”

1. Dina @ Honey + Fitz says:

I was SUPER excited when I found Otomi looking designs on Spoonflower! I’m planning on making a teepee for my little guy’s playroom out of it. Have a great holiday!

2. jillian says:

wow! great find these fabrics are so pretty! xoxo jillian:: cornflake dreams

3. a' la mode says:

so stinking cute. I can’t seem to find the white on khaki. Bummer, maybe they ran out! Thanks for the post! xo shelli

4. Chic Coles says:

These are great options! I love them. I hope you have a wonderful time in North Carolina, have a great Christmas!

5. bevy says:

I bought a small piece in multiple colors. I guess it’s the same. I’m planning to turn it into a pillow.

6. Olivia says:

I have tons of otomi from Mexico. I never knew it was called otomi until I read it on your blog. I’ve got three huge yard by yard otomis that I’ve framed hanging over our sofa in our living room in different shades of red/pink. It’s great to see other uses for the fabric. A yard x yard piece usually goes for $60 in Mexico.

7. Lindsay says:

great post, great fabrics… but is it just me, or does that doll in the kid’s room look totally freaky??

8. Katharine says:

Yay!! Thank you so much! I LOVE Otomi and will definitely be ordering!

9. Thank you for the link. The images are incredible-; some of them are quite large – 18×24″ for example. Oil paintings, tempera, watercolor-, small feather and ink, sculpture – in a range of styles that reflect different level of training as an artist. It means that individual-s other than the artist(s) had to preserve the work. A community effort, to allow specific individual-s to remain alive in their portraits.Riveting. best diablo 3 gold