Nooks and Built Ins

I have SUCH a weak spot for built in seating- be in a banquette, a window seat or some sort of amazing cozy nook for reading or sleeping… for me there is nothing cozier in a home! Some inspiration to whet your own appetite!

And here’s one in a project I’m working on that will serve as a casual dining space in a family room when the oak and zinc topped table comes in! I’m loving it so far!

20 Responses to “Nooks and Built Ins”

1. When asked my weaknesses before this post, I never would have thought to say “for nooks and built-ins,” but I guess I’ll have to add them to the list! Guess it’s not too bad a vice to have… :)

2. Carrie says:

This is, in my opinion, one of the best collection of “nook” pictures I have seen. Thank you so much for the collection.

3. Hotel Chic says:

Love this round up. You picked such gorgeous images, very inspiring!

4. SGrossi says:

In love with these photos! You have just made me want to buy a house in the suburbs and have 2 kids after looking at these photos — this coming from a CITY girl!! Awesome collection. Thank you!

5. Ashley says:

Erin- your project looks amaze, are those herringbone floors I spy??? Die! Hope you had a great Holiday! :)

6. anne marie says:

I, too, love window seats! Can’t wait to see the finished product of yours!

7. I’ve always loved window seats and banquettes but now I’m drooling over all those built in beds! Great inspiration. Your project looks so amazing!

8. Chic Coles says:

Built in seating and sleeping is such a fun feature in a home!

9. Mary says:

In the first picture, do you know who makes the pendants. I love them!

10. Stacy Busking - O'Malley says:

I recently discovered EOS and have come back daily. This is one of my fave posts so far. I’ve always loved loved loved nooks and built-ins, but I’ve never actually had one of my own. This has me thinking it’s about time to start this discussion with my husband on how to make it happen in our… condo!? :) Thanks for keeping me inspired with beautiful images.

11. Renee says:

I absolutely adore built-ins! And these are certainly some great ones!

12. HannahJ says:

LOVE this post- I pinned, like 1/2 of the images. I would have a sleeping/reading nook in every room of the house if I could:)

13. bevy says:

While I like a stylish banquette myself, I always think it makes it awkward when you’re stuck in the middle and can’t escape the table for seconds without having to politely push everyone off their seats.

That photo with the tree? Oh yeah, I’m all over that!

14. Jackie says:

This was pretty amazing to look through!

15. Joy says:

this is kinda late, but from this entry: http://www.elementsofstyleblog.com/2011/05/antique-home.html

do you know if its possible to commission someone to make those AWESOME white kitchen cabinets????

16. Franki Parde says:

What I notice (and like!) every one of the photos shows BLACK in a subtle but enhancing way. WAY COOL! franki

17. JEN RAMOS says:

OMGEEE that nook with the HUGE window – soo gorgeous!

18. Erin this is your BEST post yet! I LIVE for built-ins. This post makes me want to buy a home so I can create all of these beautiful spaces:) Happy New Year!!! #threeLOL

19. AMAZING post! Nooks give such a warm, cozy feel…you have a great collection here. Happy New Year!

20. Ruth says:

I love this list of nooks and built-ins! They’re totally my weak spot too!!

Those built-in beds look soo comfy, as do all of the reading nooks! Would it be weird if I built a house with only built-ins and nooks…