Style Idol: Minnie Mortimer

I was perusing Vogue’s APT with LSD feature and fell in love with Minnie Mortimer’s California home as well as her personal style.

I love how many books are in this place!  I agree with her comment about how they serve as such interesting decoration as well as being wonderfully entertaining and educational.

Love the gallery wall and that blue tufted sofa!

This is so awesome, no? The dark built ins, the hint of pink, the old wood….the BOOKS!

Her Tiffany blue closet makes me way jealous. As goes that Goyard. And her clothes.

She keeps board games in vintage monogrammed suitcases! How clever! And I love the teepee for her daughter. I would have sold all my Barbies for a teepee. Wait, maybe not all of them.

Such a sunny, happy room!

I just love, love, love her look.

Her eponymous collection has some clean basics like this adorable stripe dress and belted shirt dress.

Photos via Vogue, Minnie Mortimer.

11 Responses to “Style Idol: Minnie Mortimer”

1. Hillary says:

I have always liked Minnie Mortimer. She seems like she would be a cool person to hang with.

2. classiq says:

I love the use of all those happy colours. And that look of hers in the striped dress and the blazer with the checked print reversed cuff , gorgeous!
    Ada

3. Andrea says:

What a fantastic post! I absolutely adore her style, very refined yet casual and very attainable by the ‘average’ woman, well done!

4. Katie*Belle says:

This place is incredible! The home is as stylish as she is — I love that!

5. Charity says:

That library is off the hook! (But Ms. Mortimer looks so sad. Why is that?)

6. SHF says:

I love everything about this post – what great style & inspiration!

SHF
    thechroniclesofs.blogspot.com

7. What’s not to love about that style… understated chic!

xo,

Sara Campbell Blog

8. I agree, Minnie Mortimer has great taste. She got such a fresh perspective on the clean and classic look and really like how she uses her walls to fetaure things like favorite artwork and her ridiculous collection of books and magazines. Despite having a lot of accessories in each of her rooms, she somehow managed to keep it from looking overwhelming but eclectic enough to stay casual.

This post also made me aware that I’m definitely going to need a striped jersey dress in my wardrobe ASAP. Great sumary of such a wonderful inspiration!

9. Ruth says:

Love this collection of Minnie Mortimer’s house. Gives me so many ideas for mine, especially love that library with those great white chairs and pink cushions! And also love her style taste. Such a chic woman!

10. great colors, pretty rooms, all so full of personal style. love this place! it looks pulled together and polished without looking too decorated–thanks for the inspiration.

11. [...] From editor in chief Diane Carroll: “This room has all my favorites–books, lots and lots of books, a dose of pink, sculptural Saarinen chairs, and even peonies. I’m ready to be invited to dinner.” (“Style idol: Minnie Mortimer” from Elements of Style) [...]