Design Crush: Jarlath Mellett

I discovered Jarlath Mellett when searching for images of Roberto Dutesco’s work earlier this week.  Little did I know I’ve seen some of his work before in Lonny (I’m guilty of having just looked at the images and not read the article carefully enough.) The former director of design for Brooks Brothers, Jarlath made the leap to interiors and now has an office in Manhattan and a shop in the Hamptons (can I be that successful one day?)

Here are some images of some of his other works (go check out the Lonny images too though!) I love his mix of rustic and modern- such an interesting balance!

(detail of the FABULOUSLY fun chandelier)

A couple great kids spaces- great use of color and space.

These little beach cottages look like such a dream.

He’s also created some amazing outdoor spaces in both the city and country.

I’d love to visit his shop!

19 Responses to “Design Crush: Jarlath Mellett”

1. WOW wow WOW! This post is why I read your blog everyday!

2. i like the outdoor stuff!

3. Katherine says:

Amazeballs! I’d never come inside if those decks or patios were mine…

4. Natalie says:

WHERE is that chandelier from? It would be perfect in one of my client’s homes.

5. Cecilia says:

So I really like the way he uses bookshelves…and his clusters of artwork. That fish light fixture is wonderful! :)

6. Claire says:

I’m loving that fish chandelier! I did a little googling and found the company that makes it (http://www.scabetti.co.uk). They have some amazing pictures of large scale installations of the fish chandeliers in restaurants and hotels.

7. Brooke says:

Amazing! I could live / entertain / be 100% happy with any one of these rooms.

8. all i can say is IN LOVE – SWOON to EVERYTHING!

*kiss kiss*
    Erika @ ~Tiptoe Butterfly~

9. Gorgeous, Erin! Thank you for sharing.
    Teresa
    xoxo

10. Shawna says:

Wow. I’m now pretty much obsessed with each and every picture you just posted. Thanks!

11. Jane Bassi says:

I adore the fish chandelier, and the table in the last picture is to die for!

12. Nicole says:

This guys is amazeballs!! He needs to be given more recognition! Thanks for the post Erin!

13. Hot pink! Zebra! Fuzzy stools! Not too sure about all of the silhouettes starting me while I use the loo though… a little too peep hole-esque feeling for me. Aside from that, 5 gold stars.

14. Megs says:

Wow absolutely perfect. I would happily live in any of those spaces. New fave designer…thank you!

15. the antler chair is awesome. I would definitely entertain the idea of adding that to my collection.

16. Charleigh says:

Oh dear, I hope that wasn’t a real zebra skin — I mean, the mane is included!

Otherwise love love. I am just disturbed by the horse pelt. You just featured horses on here!

17. LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. Nanette says:

I love the outdoor pictures of patios, etc. I am not a modern style person but the rooms that are decorated real modern are cool!

19. [...] with beautiful things and I spent WAY too much time perusing the interior design photos on the Elements of Style blog.  Time flies when you’re having [...]