Amazing Reader Nursery- Now With Sources!

Yesterday a wonderful reader wrote me to share pictures of her Beacon Hill nursery with me since she said reading the blog inspired her in decorating it. How fabulous is it? Loving the wall color (she said it’s a Ben Moore Aura copy f Farrow and Ball’s Down Pipe, one of my faves).  Adore the non-babyish color combo and the bookshelves framing the crib to create a “built-in” look.  And of course, the Weinrib is divine.  I love seeing how the blog inspires all of you to decorate!

She was generous enough to e-mail me all the sources! And what a crafty woman she is!!!

Here are the details….the rug is Madeline Weinrib:

I justified spending $1100 on it by getting this crib:

Unfortunately I don’t know the name of the artist – it’s unsigned.  My mom found the painting at a flea market – and it was only $35.  I love it and it was the foundation of the whole room.  I would love to find out who did it so I could get more from them – the colors are so so happy!

The book cases were just a pair from the unfinished furniture store that we nailed moldings onto and painted white:

The crib sheet came from Target:

The bumper I had made out of some Brunschwig fabric I picked up at a sample sale.  The pattern is called La Pluie.  I had the pillows on the couch made from the same material.

And the crib skirt and pillow are made from some Josef Frank fabric.  It was SO expensive and it killed me to buy it but I fell in love with it after seeing similar fabrics in nurseries by Katie Ridder and Jeffrey Bilhuber.  I decided to make a little bit go a long way by using it as the crib skirt and the pillow (2 yards total).  You can get it in New York but my sister happened to be going to Sweden on vacation and I got her to pick it up for me sightly cheaper.

I used Erika’s crib skirt design to make sure we could use it even as we dropped the crib: http://blog.urbangrace.com/2009/the-nursery-diaries-chapter-5/

I think you’ll notice the little Ikea lambskin.  I got that idea straight from you – I remember you saying something about how much babies love these and you’re absolutely right!

66 Responses to “Amazing Reader Nursery- Now With Sources!”

1. Andrika King says:

Beautifully done! Love the option of the sofa instead of a glider and the bookshelves offers much needed storage space for books and toys! A gorgeous room!

2. Audra Harvey says:

Love your color scheme for the nursery. where is couch from?

3. jbhat says:

Wow, can someone put a diaper on me and let me sleep in there too? I’m totally goo-goo ga-ga over that room.

Beautiful!

jbhat

4. [...] I saw this nursery on Elements of Style yesterday, I just had to re-post [...]

5. TaraMcD says:

Love it! Absolutely gorgeous! Where are the blinds from?

6. Stunning., she should go into the trade!
    Lynn from Decor Arts Now

7. Meredith says:

Oh wow…love this nursery! I would love to know the name of the paint. Gorgeous! That’s one lucky baby!

8. MC says:

Spending a good bit of money on the rug makes sense – that rug could be used in any room and I’m sure it will be at some point. The room is gorgeous and so colorful, which babies love. Also, babies love contrast, so the rug is perfect. Great job!

9. Jennifer says:

LOVE LOVE LOVE, and i especially love the bird fabric. reminds me so much of charley harper prints.
    where did you get that comfy looking couch? i’m hunting for one for my own nursery.

great inspiration…thank you!

10. SandeeNoe says:

Love the room as room but….the crib looks like an afterthought. Seems like here is a mellow room and oh yeah we just had a baby.

11. Elise says:

This is such a great room that will grow with the baby!! Do tell – is there a source for the roman shades?

12. Kat says:

Oh wow, I love this and it only makes the urge for baby that much stronger!!

13. Does your website have a contact page? I’m having problems locating it but, I’d like to shoot you an e-mail. I’ve got some recommendations for your blog you might be interested in hearing. Either way, great website and I look forward to seeing it grow over time.

14. Stephanie Marti says:

I googled “Ben Moore Aura copy f Farrow and Ball’s Down Pipe” for the paint color and I can’t seem to find it. Can you help? I love that color!

Thanks!

15. Thanks for the sources! This is an absolutely fabulous room – LOVE!!