More Mint-spiration.

God, that was cheesy. Anyways, the re-brand of Claridge’s Hotel in London is one of the best collective design work I’ve seen in a while.  The mint and black color scheme are so chic yet so fun you can’t help but smile.  Not to mention this shade of mint is like, my favorite thing ever right now.  I saw a pair of shorts at J.Crew yesterday in this color and would have snapped them up had they not looked like complete ass on me.

And check out the new David Lindley designed bathrooms in the new color scheme! (Thanks Melanie for the heads up on that one!)

It reminds me of this- my favorite ice cream flavor ever.

Which in turn reminds me of all this:

I need more mint in my life.

Sources: Earrings, shoes, tee, bag

31 Responses to “More Mint-spiration.”

1. I truly heart mint chocolate chip ice cream and gelato, too. SO GOOD! I adore that mint dress, too.

2. Tina says:

Erin: I love the further Mint-spiration — thanks! Your prior post inspired me to search for mint accessories for my summer look. I got an awesome mint and gold bangle on on ebay for $12 and a necklace on Etsy. If I could attach pics, I would.

3. I am loving mint more and more. I especially love the Rebecca Minkoff purse – to die for!
    Much love,
    B

4. Kelly says:

This is beautiful! I love this color.

5. Katie*Belle says:

Gorgeous! I wouldn’t have thought of this color right away, but I’m in love with those two mint dresses. Yes, please!

6. Christina says:

That purse is amazing! I love this color for interiors too. It’s such an unexpected neutral for a wall color and so many other colors work with it! Love the soothing feel.

7. Couldn’t agree more! Favorite ice cream, favorite color right now, and beautiful branding!

8. I don’t really love the color combo interiorly (that can be a word) speaking, but really dig the room with the lighter mint and awesome brown chair with hide rug.

LOVING both dresses you posted though. Super gorgeous and summery-elegant.

9. Melanie says:

Go check out the BBC News website today under the travel section. “World’s Coolest Hotel Bathrooms” showcases the new Claridge bathroom in this color scheme. You will die.

10. Cassie says:

I randomly came across your blog and it drew me in because of the title. I too am obsessed with this mint color. Have you seen OPI’s new polish color mermaid tears? I’ve attached a link for you to look at. I’m currently wearing it on my toes and LOVE it!

11. anita says:

I love green! I refer to it as sea-foam green though – love your postings!
    xoxoxo
    anita
    p.s when are you going to honor me with an interview for my beauty website?

12. carlee says:

pretty sure i’m going to need to purchase those sandals…

13. Lauren says:

Yes. Please!

Absolutely gorgeous.

14. Sita says:

LOOOOVEEE it! also– there’s a seafoam ‘gellish’ nail color out there that I just about melted over at the salon. Hello minty green!

15. Chelsea says:

My favorite color!! Great post, as always

16. Chelsea says:

P.S. I just recently discovered Kendra Scott jewelry.. needless to say, I am obsessed!

17. I love mint with gold! What a fabulous collection of images. Now I’m on the hunt for my own pair of mint shoes…

18. I love mint hues (not the taste), I’m surprised you didn’t include nail polish because I constantly get compliments on mine. Mint paired with black is so pretty and I like it with salmon/coral hues as well.

19. Kate says:

Love! Those earrings are devine and I think I’m going to hunt them down and make them mine ;) Also, where do I sign up for a bathroom that’s so large I can put my claw foot tub at an angle, smack-dab in the middle of the room, and yet strategically placed in front of the fireplace. Dreamy.

20. April C. says:

Oh I LOVE mint chocolate chip ice cream! and I would kill – murder someone in cold blood – for those mint green sandals. LOVE them.

21. Erin says:

Ummm……LOVE! I really adore how mint can seem so vintage and modern at the same time (especially with the black&white). I live in a 120yr old house, and touches like this are JUST what I need!

22. OMG I luv everything, the green, the zig zag… it’s simple and ever-so-chic! It’s probably because mint chocolate chip is my favorite ice cream and this design screams it!

23. lindsey says:

so, must say, I totally adore you and your taste!!! and p.s., I definitely bought those mint green shorts from J.Crew _I’m pale as all get out and if I can deal (maybe I can’t, hah!), so can you. And then… my boyfriend bought the boy versions. So fratty… Now we have to coordinate to make sure we don’t match…Buy them! Wish I had some mint chocolate chip ice cream now…Thank you!

24. Stacy says:

Erin, can you share where those sandals were from??? LOVE them.

25. Quiana says:

LOVE this as a nail polish too! Similar to Mermaid Tears mentioned above (kinda reminds me of the perfume name “Child” you mentioned in your No Regrets Post!). I picked this Essie color this past Saturday (can’t remember the name though): http://lockerz.com/s/118590648

26. Catherine says:

Love the mint/Tiffany blue. I hope it starts to seep into the design world soon! Love your blog and your honesty about your struggles in life. It’s part of what I want my blog to become and it inspires me to keep going! Reality + Beauty. Keep it up.

27. I wish I could married all over again..to use this shade of mint with black and white:) I AM LIVING for this spread Erin!

28. Mom says:

Makes me want to go to Claridges wearing those sandals and order mint chocolate chip ice cream which I proceed to drip all over my mint green dress. Of course I will have some Shout Wipes which I shall pull out of my gorgeous mint purse—-and then I shall return home to that GORGEOUS minty kitchen. Love it all!

29. Dear Polia says:

This post was so visually refreshing! I really enjoyed the image of the Living Room. The juxtaposition of traditional architecture, paneling, and the marble fireplace with the modernity of the egg chair, and the rawness of the skin rug. Fabulous!

30. so refreshing post!! love those irregular mirrors in the dining room! whimsy beauty idea!.. plus.. need to e-mail those gift boxes to my husband.. I want him to surprise me with that little great gift box..

31. Amy says:

I think we could all use a little mint-spiration in our lives!
    There is a house I pass every morning on my walk to work that is painted mint green with white trim, so gorgeous and the owner has MNT on the number plates of their car. Now that is dedication to verdigris!