Eric Cahan’s Sunsets

Hmm, maybe this will work? Anywhoo, I was reading the fab Erin’s Design for Mankind the other day and fell fast and hard for the photography of Eric Cahan. Who doesn’t LOVE the spectacle of a good sunset? I mean, really!?  Isn’t it one of nature’s most amazing shows?  Each image is labeled with it’s location (Southampton, Palm Beach, Brazil, St. Barths, etc.) and the exact time it was captured.  These would be spectacular reminders of a place you love (and I can picture them in a gorgeous beach home).

22 Responses to “Eric Cahan’s Sunsets”

1. Jamie says:

These are absolutely hands down beautiful! I can’t stop scrolling through all of the different beautiful shades of color. Oh what I would do to be able to have a couple of these in my home!!! =D

2. Gorgeous photography! It has such a dreamy quality, it almost looks like a painting vs a photograph.

Amy

3. Lindsey says:

I love these – they remind me intensely of Rothko’s color field paintings, which are some of my very favorites … gorgeous. xox

4. Lovely! Gorgeous! You could build a whole room around one of these beauties.

5. Wow. These are so beautiful. Any one of these would be so soothing to have hanging in a home.
    Much love,
    B

6. Mea says:

Stunning! Those are the type of pictures I want to take myself!

7. gayle p says:

gorgeous. I grew up with flying point beach as my home beach, and these photos show another side of a very special place. Love the way he has cropped the shots to show the intense colors. What an eye he has.! Makes me look at my local beaches (flying pt, 2 mile hollow, bridgehampton) in a whole new light.
    Thanks for sharing!

8. jillian says:

so gorgeous! i love the colors. xoxo jillian:: cornflake dreams

9. gayle p says:

Just discovered he has a show right now (thru Sept 25th) in Southampton at the Job’s Lane Gallery. Definitely need to go and see them in person. Thanks again for sharing!

10. gayle p says:

oops.. it’s the Tripoli Gallery on Jobs Lane..

11. jamie says:

Wow these are so incredible. I love his website as well. Thank you for sharing. I’m going to buy one of the resin pieces

12. So gorgeous. One of my fave things is to fly just at sunset. When you’re above the clouds, you can see a sunset that mixes the colors of the second and third photos. It’s so beautiful…truly inspirational!

13. Wow! Look at those colours! Not to be all hippy-like, but nature is so amazing. And this photography is to die for

14. These would make a great color palette for any room.

15. Jaci says:

Simply breathtaking. The colors are remarkable, and I love that no land was captured in the photos. It gives it a unique feel for such a common picture subject.

16. Totally amazing creative talent. Not often found these days. So happy you posted this. I’m your newest follower.
    xx’s

17. Eric Cahan says:

With much gratitude I thank you all for the support and kind words.

18. Jennifer Slattery says:

wow – these are amazing! I thought they were watercolors at first! Beautiful Eric :)

19. A+S (TiltonFenwick) says:

Erin! You must check out our Hampton Showhouse room – we have a showstopper 6′ x 4′ Eric Cahan photograph! Ours is “Mexico Sunset, 7:41.” Great post – we agree so stunning!

20. If you are in NYC you can see Eric’s work at James Sansum Fine and Decorative Art! James has an impeccable eye and amazing pieces.

21. DENISE. says:

LOVE! So inspiring.

22. Paula says:

I absolutely ADORE these photographs!! I need the last one in my studio RIGHT NOW!!! Gorgeous composition and color palette!