Thank You.

Dearest Readers,

I am so floored and truly humbled by the comments left of my post from Friday.  I cannot tell you how many times I cried, smiled and felt so loved this weekend from reading your lovely words, stories and e-mails. Knowing that my little bit of truth helped so many feel not alone in this world is the best gift I could be given, and is frankly, the reason I write this blog.  Beautiful interiors and fashion (which I’ll get back to later today, don’t worry) are wonderful topics that keep us all entertained, but being able to share a little of my own struggles and hearing about yours in return is the real beauty in life. So thank you, so very much, from the bottom of my heart.

With Gratitude,

Erin

17 Responses to “Thank You.”

1. I only read the post this morning, but it has stuck with me all day so far. I was pretty as a kid, who grew more un-pretty and I am still waiting for my a-ha moment to kick in. Maybe it will now.

With warm wishes for the rest of the week.

2. sue says:

thank YOU for your frank yet tender depiction of your early years. I am sure it struck a cord with so many, on so many different levels. I hope you know that you HAVE made a difference.

3. Hi Erin, I just saw your post from Friday. Thank you for being so “real”. I admire your honesty and I think by putting it out there you have struck a nerve with so many. I met you at the Blogfest event in NYC and I am really glad that I had the opportunity to say hello. I even posted about how nice and PRETTY you are in person. Thank you!

xoxo
    Amy R.

4. Mareah says:

I read your post the other day, and it has been with me all weekend. It made me really look in the mirror and find all of the things that are beautiful and unique about me, and be happy and fulfilled, and LOVE myself for who I am. You are amazing and so strong for sharing your experiences with us — I just have to give you the biggest thank you for helping me to heal.

Mareah xx

5. TB says:

Agree. It was such a great post, and people’s comments were really moving. Nice to know that only the homes on your blog, but the people who read it have such gorgeous interiors :)

6. autumn says:

how incredible of you to share this with us. for real…i can’t tell you how many times i have looked at your picture and thought “gheesh…i wish i was as fit as erin…and just LOOK at how amazing her HAIR is. and don’t even get me started on that outfit!”
    it’s nice to know that everyone struggles, even talented, beautiful glamizons. i think we all could benefit from hearing about each others struggles…sometimes blogs are all about the good, the happy, the pretty. but life has ugliness to it also. the struggle, the hurt, the bad. thanks for adding that “darkness”. it’s hard to enjoy the good when we don’t have any bad.

7. Jan says:

Your post hit so close to home… I had a similar meltdown moment this past weekend while trying to get dressed for my dear niece’s wedding. I almost let my image of myself get in the way of a beautiful and precious day. Reading your words opened the floodgates and made me rethink many things. Thank you for your honesty…you are reaching so many people with your words.

8. Flirtygems says:

You are an amazing writer and I found your words so moving and the way you handle your fears and lows with style and grace and more importantly humor is inspiring for me. Having had three babies my body is a far cry from what it used to be and when I get down about it or miss my old bikini body I remember the importance of what your body is here for mine brought living people into the world and I am trying to remember my body is a vehicle I drive it it doesn’t drive me.

9. Rina says:

We have all been through this in one way or another. Your description of the school dances, funny hair and your Mom telling you that you were cute, all sound very familiar to me. My Mom still says that! When I read your Dad’s speech, I had a little lump in my throat. Parents are the greatest gift you will ever have in your life.

10. Dana says:

Hi Erin,

I read your entry from friday late last night. I was tearing up. What an incredible gift for women!!!! You are so very courageous and I have deep respect for your authenticity. As a high school teacher, I kept thinking about all the young women that sit in front of me and the variety of battles they are enduring. In your post, I also saw you as a teacher in a much greater school…the school of life. I love your blog for many reasons but your sincerity and humanity brings it to a whole other level. Namaste.

11. Thank you for sharing such a beautiful post and meaningful story! It was a beautiful post – you are an amazing woman!
    Star Hughes Living

12. A Reader says:

I find it interesting that you would write the previous post where you state how hurtful it was for you to be teased and made fun of but yet you have no qualms about doing that to others yourself. You have on numerous occassions ripped apart celebrites, fashion designers and interior designers for physical traits and their work. There is that golden rule of do unto others and perhaps you should think about how hurtful your unkind words could be to someone else who is fighting their own battle.

13. Randa Rose says:

Hi Erin! What an amazing, honest and inspirational post. I re-read it twice…loved it. Take care xoxox

14. Erika says:

Erin – I read your post on Friday (I read your blog everyday) and the message stuck with me all weekend. While the details may be different, it is a topic that, I believe, everyone can relate to in some way. In fact, I shared your post with my husband and could tell that even he, in that “guy way”, understood. You are a real person behind your successful business and blog and it’s nice to be reminded of that every once in awhile. Thank you so much for sharing.

15. Robin says:

I loved your post last Friday, but all your posts, you always let yoiur personality shine through. I love your blog.
    Thank you for being you.

16. Cecily says:

oh, i forgot to mention Friday – BIG HUGE Hugs & Love to the Uber-confident little girl that you (and some of us) once were, dammit!!!

17. Kathleen says:

We all found at least a little piece of ourselves in your story. I am now past the point you’ve reached now by about, hmm, 10 years. The single most liberating moment for me was becoming a mom. I found all of the beauty I was looking for in the mirror in the eyes of my children. No one will ever love as much. No one.