Coastal Cool

I saw this bedroom in a recent Coastal Living and thought “now this is perfect”….except for the price tags on the fabrics used on the bed….and the custom headboard…. so I tried to make a slightly more budget friendly version for you.  While it’s not CHEAP, it’s a bit lighter on the wallet- as long as you can get a little DIY.

So for this copy you’ll need a glue gun and hammer- the headboard by Serena & Lily gives you a great shape to follow.  a few inches from the edge, hot glue gun 1/2″ grosgrain ribbon following the shape as best you can (not easy- you’ll have to cut and seam in a few places).  The hammer in nailheads on top of that every 1/2″ as well.

1. Nailheaads and ribbon 2. Headboard 3. fabric for Euro Shams 4.Lamp 5. Pillow 6. Bedside Table 7.Quilt 8. Shade 9. Quilt for foot

16 Responses to “Coastal Cool”

1. Deanna says:

I always love a DIY that seems easy enough for even me to pull off. Love the headboard so, so much!

2. Mary says:

I agree the headboard is awesome!

3. I love this! What a fabulous bed room

4. Love that delicious bed! All of the fabric textures are so inviting! I have been dying to DIY a headboard for sometime now…crushing on a grey, tufted version. Yum.

5. Jane says:

I am really excited to go and try this even though my DIY is something to be ashamed of- thanks for the great post!

6. That headboard and pillows sell it. But, it’s not too hard of a look to copy.

7. When I got my copy this month I drooled over that page too…..oh, and I really want a RA double or triple gourd lamp like you show…just can’t quite pull the trigger….it is so hard when you can find such amazing lamps at Homegoods for $39.99…but alas, I haven’t found one I love as much! Thanks for sharing! xoxo Shelli

8. Kat says:

Love, Love, LOVE it! Thanks for sharing!!

9. Fabulous how you did this! Such a beautiful bedroom-that headboard is amazing!

10. Loved this little room too. Great resources.

11. I saw that bedroom and loved it! Great project!

12. Casie says:

Eeeeeeeek! I literally just had a redecorating stint in my bedroom and did slate and gold and I love it. It was totally by accident too and now its become my absolute favorite. Ive been wanting to take a shot at the DIY headboard so hopefully I can pull it off!

13. I am seriously loving this bedroom. I really dig the colors and pattern. Thanks for the inspiration.

14. meenal says:

that’s a gorgeous bedroom..love your version as well! have a great day..do visit my blog when you have a moment! xx meenal

15. jen ramos says:

The zig zag is gorgeous, i saw it on Knight Moves blog the other day & love it. Wish they had it in another color though ….. :)))

16. Laura says:

I am making two of these beds in a “bunk room” for a client. We are doing most of her beach house in Quadrille/China Seas fabric. I am changing up the pillows though and we’re using John Robshaw Walnut Medallion euros with Vintage Stripe Indigo bolsters and adding Gent Stripe Indigo bedskirts. Going to love it!