A Glossy Evening

Here are some great little snippets of the fashion and florals from the High Gloss launch party by my pal and photog Sarah Winchester.

And after all that amazing fun I am thinking that we all need this great calendar to keep us going through the year (this is my husband’s quote for 2011).  Despite the birds falling from the sky, apocalyptic weather and “Teen Mom”- perhaps the world is not ending and it WILL be the best year ever!

24 Responses to “A Glossy Evening”

1. Jane Ahlert says:

Hi Erin,
    I follow you everyday. I looked through the pics you took of your home before a shoot, it was a tab in You might also like:
    but then i couldn’t find it again. Help! First, many times I look at bloggers homes and think yeah I get it and like many things, but your home, Wow! love it all. I won’t bore you with the detail of all the items I love. Wow, Love it!
    I’m in Texas and it is 20degrees here for 3 days. However it is sunny most of the time and beautiful. Come on down.

Best wishes on ALL your endeavors you have been truly blessed with amazing talent. Our God must adore you!

Jane Ahlert

2. Jade says:

Looks like it was a beautiful party! I have a feeling 2011 is going to be a pretty good year for you…congrats on the successof High Gloss!!

3. Anjela says:

That looks like a very stylish & fun party!
    And that calendar is just adorable!!!

4. carrie leber says:

so gorgeous! love all the details and bright colors.

5. Ashley says:

The lush colors are so needed on this dreary winter’s day…looks like you had lots and lots of fun! The first issue was fab!

6. Flirtygems says:

Seriously that orange Chanel bag is ridiculous…I would offer up one of my kidneys for sure for that bag! Is it vintage I have never seen it.

7. Sam says:

I love the print dress in the third row down. It would be perfect for an event I have coming up. Does anyone know where its from or who made it? Any info would be highly appreciated. Thanks! Also, looks like a great time, worth braving the weather.

8. Sam says:

Sorry, never mind, I found out when I followed your link for more pictures.

9. Rose says:

Ooooooooooh, that orange velvet chair. Rawr. And a double rawr goes to the Chanel bag. What a beautiful set of images!

10. Aubrey says:

All that glamour in one place??? Luck girl indeed!!! Looks like 2011 really is going to be the best year ever! Thank goodness, right? (c:

11. Aubrey says:

Um yeah, *lucky* girl…oops.

12. Julie says:

GORGEOUS! I am in to-die-for love with that orange ostrich Chanel bag.

13. Liz says:

I can’t help but love those bags! The vintage(?) orange Chanel bag and snake print bag are so glamorous.

14. Morgan says:

That orange chair with the Greek key trim is to die for!

15. The launch party looks fabulous, as was the first issue of High Gloss. I am already excited for the next one :) I have been an avid blog reader of yours for quite some time, love your style, and finds on here, so I was excited to see the translation from blog to online magazine. I have to say, it is inspiring!

16. the greek key stipe is beautiful.

the party looked like a blast.

17. Randa says:

Ok, i LOVE poppies and ranunculus! Loved the first issue of High Gloss- wrote about it. http://fromunderthewillowtree.com/2011/02/01/high-gloss-is-here/ . Very excited for you ladies! Keep up the chic work!

18. sami says:

such pretty colors. they totally cure my winter blues!
    the magazine looks great, and so are these snapshots!

xo
    sami

19. Love the Chanel bag.. love all the jewelery … love it all actually. Congrats!

20. Emily says:

This post easily makes my top 5 faveorite post ever! The bright colors are so refreshing after ALL these gray winter days, the Chanel bag is one of the most beautiful pieces I have ever seen, the pink coat is to die for and you’re husband’s New Year’s quote is hilarious. Thank you for reminding me that color does still exist, even if all we see are gray skies and white ground! Best of luck with High Gloss!

21. mandy says:

looove that dress! everything looks so pretty :)

22. Sarah says:

Such chic snippets. High fashion was in the house at your soiree. Can’t wait to see more!

23. Christa Osswald says:

Love High Gloss. Its the perfect magazine for me – mixing style and elegance on the fashion front and interior design. Great concept!!!!