Fashion Friday: Navajo Prints Up Next

I know we’re in the doldrums of winter (those of us in cold climates at least), but I already have my mind on spring. And rumor has it that whats comin’ at us big time in the spring is Navajo inspired prints! Some of the items below will work for winter (sweaters, boots and bags) but just know when you see something in this pattern it might be worth investing in! Even Jamie concurs.

Opening Ceremony did a line with Pendelton that brought their iconic patterns to modern lined garments:

We’ll see it in home too like these beautiful blankets

And these chairs from Anthro:

And here’s a collection I put together of items to help you get the look:

Up Next: Navajo

Vintage handbags »

Navajo Deco Cuff, Silver
$650 – charmandchain.com
Silver bracelets »

Santa Fe Woven Top
$15 – forever21.com

32 Responses to “Fashion Friday: Navajo Prints Up Next”

1. MLP says:

Again, these are such inspired posts! I hope you branch out into styling.

2. Erin Gates says:

MLP- I DO do fashion styling as a service! :) I think I need to re-do my website to make that clear!

3. sarah g says:

LOVE those loeffler randal sandals!!!

4. Ann Marie says:

Hi….the chairs are Kilims – very different from Navajo prints :). Global influence as opposed to American…..local. Enjoyed the your post.

5. the boot says:

yes mlp, erin you would make an amazing stylist! beautiful picks!

6. I classic for sure. I love it. Ralph Lauren did this in the 80′s/90′s. May have to scour eBay for some classic finds. Way to be ahead of the trend as usual :)

7. Sara Jane says:

This makes me shudder with the bad memories of my Navajo/Aztec inspired outfits circa 6th and 7th grade.

8. Gaby says:

I love Navajo inspired prints. I bought that GAP Cardigan on December and love the print and how soft it is!

9. Nicole says:

I totally saw this coming! I saw a Navajo inspired rug some time ago and was surprised that I loved it.

10. Melissa says:

Blech, …this is a trend I won’t be looking forward to. I live in the Southwest, so this just looks like tired touristy stuff to me (except for the anthro chairs.) Maybe it’s more of a novelty for those who don’t see this motif nearby on the reservation or in Interstate highway convenience/gift stores. ; ) Thanks for your style posts. I really look forward to Friday’s on your blog.

11. I’m with you, Melissa. Not a fan of this trend.

12. Shannon says:

Just came across your page last night – love it! Great posting today! xo fthisorfthat.blogspot.com

13. Katie says:

I LOVE that navajo skirt, although it might take some clever styling to pull off. Always been a fan of pendleton blankets — they are classics. Love your fashion fridays, keep up the great work!

Katie @ Goodsy

14. Alyson says:

totally loving the navajo look; really love that tobi cardigan. style is so modern/fresh yet a little vintage at the same time, and totally comfy.

15. Love this trend…can’t wait to find a way to work it into our home and my wardrobe!!

16. Elizabeth says:

I am so excited to see this. I’ve been holding on to a Navajo print coat since the early 1980s just waiting for it to come back. Finally that investment in closet real estate will pay off!

17. Good post, but this is one trend I’ll be sitting out….

18. So cool! I like the more modern and vibrant versions of the navajo prints… like that skirt! It really reminds me of some of those ikat patterns.

19. interesting…i like a few of the items that are modernized a bit (like the sandals, dress and skirt), but when it’s too literal- i have to pass.

20. I loooove the printed skirt. I’d definitely mix it up with solid colors to get a more me look!

21. Love the Navajo style, specially the skirts. Adorable design, Very chic & fab.

22. I like the sofas. They seem very comfortable. The designs are also very stunning. Its like an old native American style.

23. Jacquelyn says:

LOVE IT! Such a great post!

24. Was in topshop yesterday and already the Navajo prints were everywhere! If it’s your thing there’s already pieces out there to pick up.

25. Tasia says:

ooooo these prints are so much fun! can’t wait to see more of them :):):) thanks for sharing!

26. stacystyle says:

Total inspiration! Am particularly smitten with the blankets and wish Portobello Road wasn’t so far away!

27. I’d use this the same way I would ikat–in small doses. A pillow or a throw for home, maybe a blouse or a purse for accents. And if I were really in love with an item and was planning to invest more money, I’d pick a more neutral color palatte. I do really like the Gap sweater. It’s graphic and nicely cut.

28. those anthro chairs and incredible. i love how the prints aren’t quite straight but it just adds even more to the piece.

29. [...] and Dianna over at the Budget Babe – we all agree, Navajo is everywhere – and I love it! Erin at Elements of Style, Jamie at I Suwannee, and even everyone at RUE and FabSugar are on board! Colorful and cozy, you [...]

30. Rina says:

Those “blankets” are Indian as in India and not native American or Navajo inspired. These have been woven for centuries in the Kullu region of the Himalayas.

31. 網站設計 says:

hooray. your writings on theater and writing much missed!

32. Kristin says:

I’ve totally seen tons of Navajo prints everywhere! Love them!