Fashion Friday: Francoise + Jane

I am drawing so much inspiration lately from the timeless beauty and style of Francoise Hardy and Jane Birkin. They have a similar aesthetic that, for me, is pure good style.

Francoise has to be one of the most beautiful women I’ve ever seen. Her simple style of stripes, trences, fur accessories and classic patterns is perfection.

Jane is the reason we have the Hermes Birkin bag (even though she carried a basket, which is darling). Classic, sexy and yet laid back is what she embodied in her clothing.

I am loving the humor that this “affordable Birkin” provides- printed on a canvas tote by Thursday Friday, you can have the most coveted bag in history on your arm for a mere $35! And it’s printed on every side!

Here are some suggestion so you can get the Birkin/Hardy look!

jane + fancoise

jane + fancoise by elementsofstyleblog featuring a twist dress

Guerlain Liquid Eyeliner
$35 - bergdorfgoodman.com

Hermes Picnic Birkin
theneotraditionalist.com

22 Responses to “Fashion Friday: Francoise + Jane”

1. Aubrey says:

That “affordable birkin” is just too clever (c: I’m totally into Francoise Hardy…she really is so gorgeous. I’m just thinking about how nice it would be if all those things actually *looked* like that on me, too! (c:

2. Jessica says:

I agree- what fabulous style they both have. But your style is great, too- what ever happened to those outfit posts you used to do? Have a great weekend!

3. Renee says:

Both of these woman are simply gorgeous! Love the style and the look you put together. Great inspiration. Annnnnnnd that canvas tote- too funny!! :)

4. the boot says:

french women are just oh-so-gorgeous. and i loveee charles gainsbourg! couleur cafe is a great album for a dinner party or cocktails with friends :)

5. Design Candy says:

Love the whole look! Was pondering how to shake up my spring wardrobe this year, I like this with maybe a few more punches of color like a great hot pink scarf! Loving some color this year!

6. Deanna says:

I dream of getting bangs like theirs, but know they’d never look good on me — hence the dreaming. Such fantastic inspiration nonetheless!

7. Brittany says:

PERFECTION!!!!!!!!

8. [...] Source: Lucy Laucht, Dress, Design & Decor, Elements of Style [...]

9. LOVE this look!! Particularly the denim, stripes and trench coat…

10. Christine says:

Classic stripes. I covet this look!

11. [...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by we all, Sara Smiley and Rida Parker, Emma B. Emma B said: Fashion Friday: Francoise + Jane « Elements of Style Blog – Fashion Friday: Francoise + Jane. I am drawing so much i… http://ow.ly/1b4z2M [...]

12. Lindley says:

loving the leather boots and white trench! so chic. she resembles denise richards in a way. huge fan of your blog!

13. sami says:

have you seen the trailer for the serge gainsbourg movie???

it’s sick.
    xo
    sami

14. Hana says:

it’s so interesting that even though they’re classics, they’re coming back around again (leopard, high waisted bell-bottoms..). fashion is funny like that. i’d wear your Birkin/Hardy look any day! xo

15. A says:

Timeless fashion icons, love the look

16. barbara heady says:

Love this,love you!!

17. Jane says:

I am ordering the Birkin Canvas Bag in RED…maybe two! FABULOUS!!

18. kelly says:

I have those jeans and I love them! I am 5′ 10″ and they are plenty long enough : )

19. Cecilia says:

I love her hair! xo

20. [...] Thursday Friday tote, $35. Via Elements of Style. [...]

21. Lauren says:

Can you believe it was in the news that Hermes is suing lil’ Thursday Friday?!? Hermes has no sense of humor indeed!

22. I just bought the blue Birkin tote from Thursday Friday. I can’t wait to get it. I’m so excited I posted about it. Thanks for finding this for me!